but im sure they said Los Santos is the only "Major" City, which leads me to think that there are other cities but just not as vast as they will make Los Santos, i mean correct me if im wrong but sounds to me like there will be possible 2 little cities and some backwater towns (R* aren't going to pass up on some hillbilly bashing) my confidence has been restored and tbh if im wrong and it is jus Los Santos and some countryside, I expect a heap of features that haven't existed in other GTA games, Dan Houser is arguably the best games designer in the world period and I expect another classic, haters will hate IV but we all know that technically nothing even compares to it.

and if you notice gta iv was 2 cities the main one librety and the far left alderny so maybe a trend for v

I was just thinking. If the game is set only in Los Santos, which is pretty much confirmed now. Will it be bigger than San Andreas in terms of actual map size? I realize San Andreas covered three cities and surrounding countryside, but everything was shrunk down and the cities were far smaller than any real city. GTA V clearly looks much richer in detail and bigger looking from what we have seen of it so far. But will it actually be bigger than San Andreas, or ever Red Dead?, since Rockstar have mentioned it is the largest and most ambitious game yet in their latest statement.

Might as well start discussing it, but don't moan that the game is going to suck because it's not going to be San Andreas, that's not the point of this thread.

Personally I hope it is bigger. And i hope to see loads of small country towns sprawled out over the countrysides, full of interesting characters to do side missions for and what not.

A Las Venturas DLC (think functional blackjack, roulette, Hold 'Em, etc.) would sure as hell guarantee replay value.

I was just thinking. If the game is set only in Los Santos, which is pretty much confirmed now. Will it be bigger than San Andreas in terms of actual map size? I realize San Andreas covered three cities and surrounding countryside, but everything was shrunk down and the cities were far smaller than any real city. GTA V clearly looks much richer in detail and bigger looking from what we have seen of it so far. But will it actually be bigger than San Andreas, or ever Red Dead?, since Rockstar have mentioned it is the largest and most ambitious game yet in their latest statement.

Might as well start discussing it, but don't moan that the game is going to suck because it's not going to be San Andreas, that's not the point of this thread.

Personally I hope it is bigger. And i hope to see loads of small country towns sprawled out over the countrysides, full of interesting characters to do side missions for and what not.

A Las Venturas DLC (think functional blackjack, roulette, Hold 'Em, etc.) would sure as hell guarantee replay value.

This isn't DLC though, the topic is "Los Santos Map Size".

However, I would like to gamble money and etc...

So new screenies. I decided to look them over. The helicopter one in particular, as it has a horizon line, and shows some of the scale we are to expect. One major thing i noticed along the horizon was this bridge, i was wondering if anyone knows what bridge this is based on? and where does it lead in the real world counterpart?

official-gtav-screenshot-1.jpg

b2xdu.jpg

I felt like doing some topography :P

From these three images, we can clearly see the landscape around LS. I'm not here to say how big it is, i'm just pointing out what sort of sandbox space we can see already from one trailer and one screen shot...

Sea line?:

landscapearoundls01.jpg

Mountains.

landscapearoundls02.jpg

Mountains and sea line?

landscapearoundls03.jpg

I hope Los Santos doesn't remind me of midnight club la. I didn't like it.

I am trying to link up the buildings from the original screencaps to those in the screenshots but for the life of me I cannot. I need a comprehensive knowledge of the layout of LA... Meh, fuck it i'll just let Fitty do it.

Yes, I have just mindfucked myself majorly trying to think about it logistically and orientate myself.

I can't wait to explore what is in and beyond the mountains.

Maybe i'm trying to relive my San Andreas and even RDR experience through this. Where i was shocked at the scale of them two games, i think it's harder to be so shocked with this game, as we're all expecting something as great as or better than both of those games. It's kind of desensitizing.

I am with you.. Exploring country is gonna be dope.. Streams and trails.. Everything redone in hd.. Honestly thats what I feel gta 4 lacked..

Guest Marney-1

I wonder if the actual in game map will be 3D? Be nice to zoom in, zoom out, higher and lower the angle of view, spin it round etc.

I wonder if the actual in game map will be 3D? Be nice to zoom in, zoom out, higher and lower the angle of view, spin it round etc.

That would be nice, sort of like the map of God Father II the game, if you've played it.

I like the old style maps due to it's navigation (it's very easy) However if they executed the 3D map well, it would be awesome to see. Skyrim was more of a locate towns and such, not the type of map to get on a street level. Which at times could be very hard to do.

I like the old style maps due to it's navigation (it's very easy) However if they executed the 3D map well, it would be awesome to see. Skyrim was more of a locate towns and such, not the type of map to get on a street level. Which at times could be very hard to do.

R* could go for a Google map feel, with street views and what not. That way they keep the classic GTA style map in the pause menu, but with a modern tweak.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

Nice breakdown Fitty. It's nice to see how parts of the trailer fit in to that image.

Do yo guys mean 3D map like the Driver San Fran map? (Skip to 2:20)

I was thinking only as far as being above the buildings (about as close as the new police helicopter pic) but thinking about it now I think it could take away the enjoyment of exploring round each corner from ground level. I like the way that one spins around though.