If you are correct, then the following is likely true:

post-3-0-26691500-1332177923.png

On the golf image, we can see that the golf course, the city Group center, and the Us Bank are ligned. The Century is close to this line.

On the pumpjack image the US Bank hides the city group : the course is behind the US Tower, this second building you notice is probably/surely the century : it has the shape and the expected location.

golf course, the city Group center, and the Us Bank are aligned with the pumpjack (Signal Hill?)

This would probably make the pointy building left of 100 Wilshire to be a take on 225 Santa Monica Blvd:

xy_658FC90D-7C53-4ED5-8839-BF2F5DC1B568__.jpg

Nice found! I noticed this magnificent Building of Santa Monica Boulevard with Google map and I couldn't believe Rockstar discards it. I hope you're right. R* seems change its location (a little...).

Have you identified The buildings of Marina Del Rey on this image too? I can't.

Yes, they are the two or three smaller buildings below on the far left of my pic, right next to the closer building:

cityscape3-markup.png

Those I have been certain about. The others are questionable since we can barely see them from these distant views.

They have the same Height. They look

• so far away from downtown on this image
  • and curiously so close to downtown when we see them from Venice

I think it's just a perspective thing. I'm pretty certain that the Venice shot is taken over the beach (the camera is hovering over the beach) so that brings it back even farther from Downtown. Then the oil rig shot is not completely to the side so they look closer.

Updated my Los Santos Map a little, using the discussed info. Also remade the Venice area more accurate and cleaned up the lines:

gta-v-los-santos-map-approx1.png

I'm still not entirely convinced about The Century being in the pier shot. Something I noticed while updating the map was the orientation of The Century. The building in the pier shot is is turned 90 degrees compared to what I have for The Century. The Century was lined up using the golf course scene and might be a little off but not a quarter turn as far as I can see:

gta-5-trailer-1-taking-a-jog.jpg

gta-5-trailer-1-local-golf-course.jpg

In addition to that, there are 2 tall buildings near each other in that area as seen in the final shot of the trailer:

post-3-0-25547400-1332226288.png

I'm starting to think that the building in the pier shot may be Constellation Place (MGM HQ) which I had mistaken originally as The Century. Although questions still exist regarding position and height differences. Might work on this more tomorrow.

• Like 1

More likely that they probably won't be. I doubt they can create a huge detailed, action packed HD city 3x, along with vast countryside and other things such as cutscenes all in "a very big map" all in one game, especially for the consoles ( mostly Xbox)

if xbox and ps3 could handle skyrim, then i think they can handle a simple detailed map and interior cut-scene inputs....

More likely that they probably won't be. I doubt they can create a huge detailed, action packed HD city 3x, along with vast countryside and other things such as cutscenes all in "a very big map" all in one game, especially for the consoles ( mostly Xbox)

if xbox and ps3 could handle skyrim, then i think they can handle a simple detailed map and interior cut-scene inputs....

The textures in Skyrim were pretty average. Also, Skyrim had no cutscenes. If it's highly detailed, how is it "simple"? This game will definitely be bigger than 5GB. GTA IV took like 14GB on PC, and that's an old game.

I'm starting to think that the building in the pier shot may be Constellation Place (MGM HQ) which I had mistaken originally as The Century. Although questions still exist regarding position and height differences. Might work on this more tomorrow.

I agree.

mgm10.jpg

Edit : but which building of Century City do we see from the Golf course ? the century or The MGM? In the golf image, I see a left rounded corner and a right straight corner as the MGM building.

mgm210.jpg

• Like 1

^That's exactly why I used MGM HQ at first. The only reason I changed to The Century was because of the top-middle piece sticking out a little. I was thinking maybe the right side piece was another building or it was still under construction in GTA V.

It is possible that Rockstar combined features since they have done so with others in the downtown area.

edit: For anyone else that wants to give their input, here's a pic of The Century's top showing the flat short sides:

century-penthouse_0.jpg

(link)

Do you think it's stupid to assume this building could be the Roosevelt Hotel on the two last images below?

roosev12.jpg

if you guys want, I can make some calculations of the roads, I have engineer friends and they are experts at calculating distances from pictures, an estimate based on actual building sizes wouldn't be bad, it is really not that hard as everything is congruent.

I can give measurements of buildings from top view and you guys just put it in an actual map.

@koeklin: I've been assuming that. (map approximation above does not really show it in the right spot but I'm running out of room on there) :P

@kenny: I've been kind of doing that with another more accurate map project. :P If your friends want to give it a shot then go ahead.It's a big pain in the ass lining things up.

• Like 1

@koeklin: I've been assuming that. (map approximation above does not really show it in the right spot but I'm running out of room on there) :P

@kenny: I've been kind of doing that with another more accurate map project. :P If your friends want to give it a shot then go ahead.It's a big pain in the ass lining things up.

sure thing, I seen the map you guys came up with and is very good, you guys did a good job aligning the map, now we only need the proper measurements. I am going to talk to them :)

Thanks treefitty

I've seen that you've updated the page about "GTA 5 Landmarks and Other Buildings"

I've noticed 515 S Figueroa St,

515figueroa.jpg

It isn't easy to see and you may be right but I think it's rather the 600 Wilshire (just a guess) :

600wil10.jpg

So we can have in the same street of L.S. Downtown four buildings of Wilshire Blvd : 600, 811, Grand Hotel and 800.

• Like 1

Possible and one I was looking at. The pixelation can be distorting things too. At one point I was actually thinking of ^that^ building on the otherside of Weston Bonaventure Hotel, seen in the trailer behind the bum (on the right):

gta-5-trailer-1-homeless-guy-with-sign.jpg

Although the angles seem to be much too different. Good observation though.

The building on the right. Let me see: a wall made of small squares of different colors... small columns of windows of the same color... close to the highway... a bevelled corner or a round corner on the left...

Well... I have a trouble :

wedbus10.jpg

I'm more excited about the surrounding countryside according to R* then the city

• Like 1

I feel the map size of LS itself may be at least the size of a three islands on GTA 4. But, though in the trailer there is so much revealed if you look closely at the video and this site: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=491242&st=0 , there is still a lot unshown like th country, east los santos, inner downtown, beverly hills and neighborhoods, and most importantly for me, LSX. I saw a clue in the trailer that LSX may be close to that scene with the red car, but it may just be a palm.

Go ahead, take a look at the thread link I posted, wil ya'?

We have a GTA V landmark page here. Yes, it's a palm tree. Kiddies were yelling about it being the tower at LAX (LSX) but when you actually look at it, you realize it's a palm tree like others around it.

More than likely it is a palm tree, but it would make since that there is a LSX tower there. If you haven't paid attention to the LA map, look at it and you'll see Winward and Pacific Island, where the scene is based, LAX isn't too far at.

That's not true actually, anybody could do that. And R* does not downsize, everything they have done seems to be bigger than their previous titles, with the exception of Liberty City, but LC was much more detailed and almost just as big with a more detailed endless sea.

Whatever, only time will tell. L.S. and countryside just doesn't strike me as this "BIG" game map. I just really hope that L.S. isn't the only city because this L.A. fetish is getting really repetitive and annoying. I've seen the same city already in several other games before, Im just not that excited to roam L.A. again right now, and that shitty ass game Midnight Club L.A. really isn't helping... AT ALL.

Oh lord...