I was just thinking. If the game is set only in Los Santos, which is pretty much confirmed now. Will it be bigger than San Andreas in terms of actual map size? I realize San Andreas covered three cities and surrounding countryside, but everything was shrunk down and the cities were far smaller than any real city. GTA V clearly looks much richer in detail and bigger looking from what we have seen of it so far. But will it actually be bigger than San Andreas, or ever Red Dead?, since Rockstar have mentioned it is the largest and most ambitious game yet in their latest statement.

Might as well start discussing it, but don't moan that the game is going to suck because it's not going to be San Andreas, that's not the point of this thread.

Personally I hope it is bigger. And i hope to see loads of small country towns sprawled out over the countrysides, full of interesting characters to do side missions for and what not.

It would probably be pretty big.. Probably consuming most country side that WAS around it because there basing GTA in realism

Like how corrupt the system is, ect. There would probably be ALOT of country shiz as seen in the trailer.

But theyd probably add gambling shiz well probably the major fundamentals that went with them.. Like las venturas was basically like las vegas.. Maybe they added some gambling area to it.. And the other city (forgot what it was called) was the 2nd to last to unlock in san andreas but anyway that city had quiet alot of facinating easter eggs.. And a GTA3 look to it I might say..

I just hope they spread the easter eggs like everywhere.. Alot of them.. One of the reasons why I explored the whole spangdoodle

Well just one of them :P I'd like to get the fly cars cheat and take a hooker in a town where its all cow girls and such :P But yeah

Hope we can enter all floor in tall building for sniping and death match in the building or hide in the building when cops try to bang our asses.

Hope we can enter all floor in tall building for sniping and death match in the building or hide in the building when cops try to bang our asses.

...? I don't remember the cops trying to assrape you.

Maybe he's one of the people that wants to actually spend time in jail after getting busted. :P

I wouldn't mind a Prison outfit, but I wouldn't want to be locked in jail for murdering a pedestrian, and stay there for like 1500 game days.

Hello there. I'm new to this forum, but not new to the site. I believe this is the best site I've ever seen for any game pre-release. I love it and I've been coming here for a while.

Now let's get down to business using the trailer, scene-by-scene trailer analysis and the landmarks page i was able to mark all of the locations on Google Maps to view the general play area.

It seems everything is in a general area and it's obvious R* will condense the area. I'm having trouble with my internet and I really would appreciate it if some guys would like to help me map out Los Santos and get a GOOD idea of where we'll be playing. Just for some fun and to help the time pass. Below is a good amount of things to get you started.

My map of locations: http://maps.google.c...702008,0.883026

Map of landmarks and locations: http://www.igta5.com...other-buildings

Scene-by-scene analysis: http://www.igta5.com...-scene-by-scene

Comparison of video game maps: http://unrealitymag....ame-worlds2.jpg

San Andreas(subtract San Fierro/Las Ventuaras): http://myepsilon.org...a_empty_map.jpg

*Keep in mind*

GTA:SA is largest GTA, RDR is largest R* game to date (2x GTA:SA), GTA V is R* LARGEST game.

Again it would be greatly appreciated if you guys helped out.

tl;dr creating a map for GTA V with landmarks and locations.

The comparison of video games maps was interesting, however i must be honest i dont see what point you are making.

However im glad you like the site and forum and welcome.

Guest Marney1

I really want to see the map

Probably get to see it about 3 weeks before release.

i believe that the map WILL be 4 times bigger than liberty considering skyrim was huge and it still played on the 360 and had space left, i think that there should be no problem with the forest/ desert/ water. a big map with a high grade of fine detail.

I think it should be based around the San Andreas map, and when you go to an airport you can travel to another map (maybe this could be DLC) then you can travel to London or Liberty City.

I think it should be based around the San Andreas map, and when you go to an airport you can travel to another map (maybe this could be DLC) then you can travel to London or Liberty City.

Well your dreams have already been crushed.

i believe that the map WILL be 4 times bigger than liberty considering skyrim was huge and it still played on the 360 and had space left, i think that there should be no problem with the forest/ desert/ water. a big map with a high grade of fine detail.

Don't get your hopes up, the "4x bigger thing" was just a rumor spread around. It might be possible though.

I hope map is biggest game map ever....two times bigger tahn red dead

It is very likely it will be the largest map ever, and it's definitely "very big" as Dan Houser said.

The vineyard with the cropduster:

Trailer screens:

gta-5-trailer-1-here-comes-the-crop-duster.jpggta-5-trailer-1-workers-coughing.jpg

Note it is in a very hilly/mountain area shown in the first screen (far left under the plane). The second shot shows rock formations among the plants.

And now real life vineyards in Malibu ~20 miles from Santa Monica (where the pier with the ferris wheel/rollercoaster/etc is):

post-3-0-06216600-1328891496.png

Note that it's in a hilly area and even has a rock formation. There are a number of vineyards in the area nestled down in the valleys of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area so I'm going with "Malibu is in the game". -_-

• Like 1

I noticed on the front page, that R* mentioned again Los Santos and surrounding hills and country in the Q&A section. But also, they repeated that it's going to be the largest and most ambitious open world game they've ever created. Not sure if I'm reading between the lines, but that still sounds like they mean largest map rather than largest budget or largest content or whatever.

I think we're most likely looking at a much more realistic scale of the real world. When compared to San Andreas, it seemed like less than a 0.1 scale. I know there isn't a proper way to compare scales, since GTA always seem to compress iconic city areas in the cities into smaller spaces, and the countryside is always a much more realistic representation of world scale.

Just thought I'd reignite this thread a bit. See if people's opinions have changed.

Also, nice find Fitty. First time I've checked back on this thread in a while.

Hey iGTA5.com. I've been thumbing through yer posts far to long too not join the conversation.

Due to renewed curiosity and lack of a properly working game system, I've been replaying GTA SA. I wanted to measure to map in game, so I decided to fly along the entire coast line of San Andreas in a Rustler (the one that looks like a WWII Spitfire). It took just short of 8 minutes.

I bring this up because San Andreas had 10 different types of plane, ranging from stunt planes and passenger planes, to the beloved military Hydra, in a world with three major airports, an aircraft carrier, your own personal landing strip, and a lonely landing strip for a crop duster.

How does this compare to GTA5? The planes they have revealed so far are a cropduster, a military fighter jet, and a private passenger plane. What types of airport or landing strips do these aircraft work practically with? We can count on an LAX, or LSX, being in Los Santos, and at least one airfield, away from LS, for private planes. Also we can look forward to a dirt runway a farm.

All this makes me wonder, how many major airports will GTA5 have? Will there be a military airfield, or will the aircraft carrier docked in San Fierro make a cameo appearance? How much time will I spend flying the coast line in a stolen plane?

I hope this adds more than it clutters.

Also, I live in LA and have little to do. If local pictures are needed for further GTA investigation, I'd be happy to help.

• Like 1

Also, I live in LA and have little to do. If local pictures are needed for further GTA investigation, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for your contribution, and welcome to the forums. Now that ^ sounds like a good offer. :D

Your mission is to find the liquor store. Failure will result in a ban. :P

Seriously though, the amount of airports really depends on if there are other cities or major areas. I'm sure you know LA has tons of small airports but the size of Los Santos we've seen doesn't appear to be big enough to have additional small runways scattered around. Considering how far up San Francisco is, I really doubt it is in the game. San Diego isn't too far fetched but I think that is also going beyond the area Rockstar is working with. I do think there will be small airstrips out in the country areas to make a quick trip across the map.

As for the military, I think Edwards Air Force Base will be home to the Hydra (or whatever it ends up being called).