Of course Vice City is Miami. You used to have a very popular tv series called Miami Vice, which plays approximately in the same decade as VC.

So Vice City won't be in GTA5, unless they have this time created the entire USA on the map, which would be nice for GTA XII.

If there was any island off of Los Santos, maybe it could be a take on Santa Catalina Island, with a possible drug related plot and a mansion safe house you can acquire... I'd like that anyway.

CatalinaIsland2.jpg

Guest Marney1

Anyone fancy doing some detective work to see if this map (I think it's a map) matches up to any real maps of Los Angeles? If it does we might have an idea of the scale.

Was hoping it would match up with Lake Mead.

Can't remember if it's already been discussed so I'll just leave this here: :luis:

Also, here's a good cartoon-like map of L.A.

I'm with TreeFitty here.

Why putting a full scale map-ish something on the wall of a jewelry store? also the color scheme matches the one of the clearly visible diamond poster on the right, so it suggests to advertise the same trademark

Guest Marney1

I'm with TreeFitty here.

Why putting a full scale map-ish something on the wall of a jewelry store? also the color scheme matches the one of the clearly visible diamond poster on the right, so it suggests to advertise the same trademark

Some places have maps on the wall to show where they deliver to etc.

I don't see a compass. I see a poster about diamonds. The gold/brown logo on the poster can be seen on the doors being kicked in.

Also, you can see catenaries in this scene (for the light rail train):

post-3-0-54573300-1322962732_thumb.png

So that's two light rail lines crossing each other (the second is above going along the expressway).

update: Another angle from the red car fleeing the cops shows where the rail line goes down underground from the previous area:

post-3-0-86118200-1322964368_thumb.png

Just wait for the next trailers. I think there will be more cities, not only Los Santos. Three Cities - Three Trailers. First one was Los Santos for the main city in the game, then in the second trailer there will be San Fierro and in the third one Las Venturas. Rockstar want us to be nosey.. ;)

By the way: the interstate 5 also leads to san francisco.

In the second picture you can see faint mountains in the background if it's by a cliff like the first one, that means there must be a bay or something like that there? Don't listen to me, I have no idea what I mean. Maybe someone else could perceive and analyse what that mountainous background could mean.

the cliffhouses could aswell be in the hollywood (and adjecent) hills, theres quite some of these type located there aswell. Hard to tell as there's a lack of reference in this shot

Guest Marney1

Here's that cartoon 3D map of L.A. I think it helps give some more perspective on the area like where the mountain ranges are etc.

the cliffhouses could aswell be in the hollywood (and adjecent) hills, theres quite some of these type located there aswell. Hard to tell as there's a lack of reference in this shot

That's the first area I looked around. It appears that there is water below on the right of the scene because it looks bright (sun reflecting in the water I'm assuming). Again, I found similar houses overlooking sharp cliffs in the Palos Verdes Peninsula area which is pointing me there instead. There's like 1 lake outside of Beverly/Bel Air and the cliffhouses are not as similar.

Guest Marney1

Psy should have taken a lot more pics when he was in L.A. for the L.A. Noire event. -_-

Guest Marney1

If they were there for more than a couple days I'm sure he would have toured all over. :P

Anyone with any sense would have known to take lots of pics of GTA V's next setting. He disappoints me sometimes that lad.

If they were there for more than a couple days I'm sure he would have toured all over. :P

Anyone with any sense would have known to take lots of pics of GTA V's next setting. He disappoints me sometimes that lad.

We didn't know the new location then, and he was on a guided tour, he didn't get to go all over the city. :(

That's the first area I looked around. It appears that there is water below on the right of the scene because it looks bright (sun reflecting in the water I'm assuming). Again, I found similar houses overlooking sharp cliffs in the Palos Verdes Peninsula area which is pointing me there instead. There's like 1 lake outside of Beverly/Bel Air and the cliffhouses are not as similar.

I see your point now... didn't even see the reflective something until you mentioned it. That gives your idea of Palos Verdes more substance. The big water bodies in the hills surely don't match up to this setup. Might still be a creek or something like that, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind if you're right tho, that would add some more authenticity (is that even a word?) to the city. Still cracks me up that Palos Verdes in LS of San Andreas is a park hill with the observatory :v

at least they got that right this time

I doesnt bother me that there might not be SF and LV but if they are going to have 2 citites dont make a new one stay with what has already had sucesss