@OPX Then now we need a reason for getting shot at for simply taking a swim.

IV never game you a reason for it tbh.

The bridges were closed, yes. I can see why you would get a wanted level for trying to cross the closed bridge. But when you swam to Algonquin far away from any of the bridges you still got it.

Maybe there will be a problem with flooding in the LS river and you can't cross it. Of maybe there's a problem with a freeway overpass and that blocks off the roads going to another section of town. I dunno.

GTA IV did give you a reason for why you don't leave Broker at the beginning of the game. "Why don't you show me around the rest of the city?" "Fucking Terrorists!" "What?" "Terrorists! There's been a big scare, and you cannot cross the bridges so good. You on VISA, I'll stay in Broker, FUCK IT I'd stay in Hove Beach."

That's why you got massive amount of wanted level when you left Broker (no matter how you left it)

Thanks Sherlock, welcome to the forums! :)

Well I had to point out the obvious for some people since they didn't bother to listen to random conversations in the car with Niko's beloved cousin Roman.

GTA usually likes to have very interesting cities in the game. Basically the landmark cities of the US, the cities tourists would visit. Europeans do like to go to NY, LA, LV and SF (and Chicago), but what other cities would European tourists visit?

San Diego... I think San Diego is too large for a town around LS in the countryside, and too insignificant (sorry San Diego residents) for a full blown GTA appearance.

@OPX Then now we need a reason for getting shot at for simply taking a swim.

IV never game you a reason for it tbh.

The bridges were closed, yes. I can see why you would get a wanted level for trying to cross the closed bridge. But when you swam to Algonquin far away from any of the bridges you still got it.

Maybe there will be a problem with flooding in the LS river and you can't cross it. Of maybe there's a problem with a freeway overpass and that blocks off the roads going to another section of town. I dunno.

GTA IV did give you a reason for why you don't leave Broker at the beginning of the game. "Why don't you show me around the rest of the city?" "Fucking Terrorists!" "What?" "Terrorists! There's been a big scare, and you cannot cross the bridges so good. You on VISA, I'll stay in Broker, FUCK IT I'd stay in Hove Beach."

That's why you got massive amount of wanted level when you left Broker (no matter how you left it)

Dukes is attached to Broker and can be entered at any time, and you could waltz over the bridges into Bohan from the moment the game starts.

It still doesn't add up.

Well, the cops wouldn't give a shit about ghetto areas, they need to protect all the rich assholes in Algonquin.

Alderney, on the other hand, makes no sense to block off.

i thought that the L.A. Noire map was ridiculously big for what the game was. it just seemed a bit unnecessary to me but I'm not complaining.

i hope i have the same attitude towards GTA V where the map is unnecessarily big and your all ways finding new places to explore and get lost in.

Yeah, in a game like GTA the bigger the map the better. I hope there are shitloads of awesome easter eggs and stuff so us players can create retarded rumors about the creatures in the game.

i thought that the L.A. Noire map was ridiculously big for what the game was. it just seemed a bit unnecessary to me but I'm not complaining.

i hope i have the same attitude towards GTA V where the map is unnecessarily big and your all ways finding new places to explore and get lost in.

The thing with L.A. Noire was it was a straight rendering of LA, with every boring city block recreated because it had to be true to life. With GTA, R* take only the best parts of cities and fuse them together into a realistic looking setting, so there's no dull repeating parts that are just there solely to be driven through going from point A to point B.

Anybody remember true crime la? That games map was massive but the houses and buildings were all the same but it made u feel like u were in la due to the size

That was almost the worst case of cookie-cutter cut and paste I've ever seen. I really liked the houses that were sometimes sunk halfway into the ground, but not as much as the ones floating five feet in the air.

Yeah it was a very shitty game. I found a place where u sink threw the ground and it shoots u up into glitch city.

big map, sure but it contained nothing unique same house same fence same building.

Sucked ass and to think that game kicked ass when it came out .....

On several occasions in Vice City itself I believe, kind of strange since Los Santos isn't in Cali, but Vice City is in Florida.

really, they actually said in vc itself that it was in Florida? they doesn't make sense since, besides the fact that that all these places are in the USA, they are fake, and Florida is real

oh ya, i get that, but the point is, if they wanted to, they could do what i said before. there's no doubt that it's based on Florida and los santos is cali.