yea ok, how many maps like that are in the net ? i stop searching ............. dont want to find another ! but fuck i cant wait , searching the net 4 infos and reading everytime the same again and again

See that's why there are people out there generating false information, no one wants to wait for the next official trailer which might be months away so anything that looks like it might be genuine gets paid an intense amount of attention to.

Face it, the next time you get any official information it will be in the http://www.rockstargames.com/ newswire.

So the Freeway is called 'The Door' lol

I'd imagine Los Puerta would be a suburb or a city (don't get your hopes up noobs,) with the freeway leading into it. So the freeway is named so because of the place it leads to, like many of our roads.

[/statestheobvious]

Anyway, The Door isn't that funny, a lot of Spanish cities names have literal meanings - El Paso is "the step."

Anyway, The Door isn't that funny, a lot of Spanish cities names have literal meanings - El Paso is "the step."

El Paso isnt a Spanish city, it's in the US.

He means city with Spanish names, irregardless of the actual country.

i.e. (using actual cities in Southern California)

Los Angeles = 'The Angels'

Santa Barbara = Saint Barbara

El Cajon = The Drawer

etc.

Someone back a couple pages said riots, which is the first thing that went through my mind when I started reading the hypothetical reasons they might close off parts of the city. R* have been going for more realism in their recent en devours, and all the talk about the almighty dollar and the visually apparent decline of welfare for many of the folks shown in the trailer lead me to believe that a riot could be a very possible scenario we might encounter. People get fed up with the declining standard of living and lash out. Perhaps they enact Marshall Law for a certain area, say downtown which during the riots could get completely trashed. They don't want people roaming around continuing to loot and harm others, so they tell everyone to stay put or they'll shoot on sight. This goes on until order is regained and the area is repaired, which could be a while, essentially plenty of time to fit in some 15-20 or so missions before said area becomes available. And so it is only lifted by progressing story in typical GTA fashion. But who's to say that it can only be one thing that causes the playable area to be altered. Past games if I remember correctly always had just one event happen that hindered travel. The notion I get from all the speculation I've read on this is that this is a major step up from IV, as it ought to be. Look at everything R* have accomplished since! So all this talk of a possible San Diego, or multiple playable characters, or any of this just awesome stuff I feel is completely possible because if there's one developer out there that truly cares about outdoing themselves each time, Rockstar is it!

• Like 2

These new members really are going all out on their first posts! Respect (Y) The above seems very plausible and would definitely work if implemented properly....as long as there was visual signs of a riot and not just being shot at as soon as you stepped foot over the borderline.

I was thinking something similar to the riots, but more in line with the Occupy protest going on around the country.

Something like: "I-5, Downtown Los Santos and parts of Vinewood remain closed off as police work to limit the spread of the 'Occupy Los Santos' protest going on throughout the city. When questioned about the closures the Chief of Police said they would be ongoing until further notice."

But riots in general would work too with that idea. :)

Someone back a couple pages said riots, which is the first thing that went through my mind when I started reading the hypothetical reasons they might close off parts of the city. R* have been going for more realism in their recent en devours, and all the talk about the almighty dollar and the visually apparent decline of welfare for many of the folks shown in the trailer lead me to believe that a riot could be a very possible scenario we might encounter. People get fed up with the declining standard of living and lash out. Perhaps they enact Marshall Law for a certain area, say downtown which during the riots could get completely trashed. They don't want people roaming around continuing to loot and harm others, so they tell everyone to stay put or they'll shoot on sight. This goes on until order is regained and the area is repaired, which could be a while, essentially plenty of time to fit in some 15-20 or so missions before said area becomes available. And so it is only lifted by progressing story in typical GTA fashion. But who's to say that it can only be one thing that causes the playable area to be altered. Past games if I remember correctly always had just one event happen that hindered travel. The notion I get from all the speculation I've read on this is that this is a major step up from IV, as it ought to be. Look at everything R* have accomplished since! So all this talk of a possible San Diego, or multiple playable characters, or any of this just awesome stuff I feel is completely possible because if there's one developer out there that truly cares about outdoing themselves each time, Rockstar is it!

OMFG that would be so epic having riots blocking off the city. I could just see LSPD with riot gear shooting random violent peds on the other side, LOL!

you know they say this is the "BIGGEST GTA yet to come" yet who knows, they may not just be talking about the map size, they could be talking about the type of missions, the amount of random stuff to do, or even the amount of new features, for example.. i remember GTAIV had 94 missions, also i believe GTA SA had about 90 or so, maybe they mean that they will go into the 100's for missions maybe more then that. But they may actully be talking about the map size as well, from the looks of the 1st Trailer the city you saw in the background seems very large but i remember seeing some Pictures of GTAIV before it came out and the city also looked very large but turned out kinda small. who knows what we will see, and what is too come

In the old GTA Chiliad(sp?) was in Whetstone, practically right next to San Fierro, so I'm curious as to how they're going to do that as far as climbing to the top and -not- seeing Fierro, after all if I did climb to the top and saw Fierro but couldn't get to it I'd be driven mad.<.<

If San Fierro isn't in the game, you won't see it from anywhere...not even from the top of a mountain.

Besides we don't currently know if any of the mountains in the game will be given names, and if they are if any will be named Mt. Chiliad.

Don't forget, this isn't the same map as GTA San Andreas, it's a brand new one.

Don't forget, this isn't the same map as GTA San Andreas, it's a brand new one.

^That^. Just because we have Los Santos, and just because it is in the state of San Andreas, does NOT mean we will have the other cities or even the same names for places (Chiliad for example).