Mind-blowing. All my hat are off to the Three Amigos that mapped this masterpiece; you, Pud, and DuP. You guys really made this wait a lot more bearable. Thanks, gentlemen.

• Like 2

That's insane how close you guys got.

well I enjoyed your maps and speculation this past year, so thank you very much TreeFitty, Dup and everyone else that worked on fan maps.

• Like 1

Great Job Fitty. I think you got more accurate shape details than mine. All round, pretty close as expected, i never doubted the size of the map. Constructing the map made the wait a whole lot more bearable for me too. Something to spend an hour or so on each night.

Mission two. Construct the seabed in 3D!

xD nah, i'm glad it's finally come to an end, so i can actually play the fucker. It's crazy how much i'll know about the map going into it before I've even played it. I be like 'oh yeah that's there, as i recall...' lol

Oh, and does this help people understand the scale a little better?

CybzA1r.gif

/edit -typing on smartphones sucks!

• Like 11

USaFo0Q.jpg

Any questions?

This does not show the size comparison very well... Shrinking the size of the IV map and laying it over the LS map doesn't do it justice. The streets are unproportionate.

I didn't make it...

Oh, and does this help people understand the scale a little better?

CybzA1r.gif

Definitely!

Everyone here is saying it, but I feel I need to thank DuP, Fitty and Pud too as you've all done an amazing job with the map, simply amazing. Well done gents

• Like 2

what does the scale say in the bottom left of the map? and also, if someone could make that out and do some measuring, we can finally end the "How big is the map really (in sq miles)" debate.

what does the scale say in the bottom left of the map? and also, if someone could make that out and do some measuring, we can finally end the "How big is the map really (in sq miles)" debate.

Its confirmed that its 49 sq miles.

ALSO Fitty and Dupz you guys did an.. astonishing job on the map. Like, its seriously nearly spot on. Great job good sirs

• Like 1

Amazing job Dup and Fitty, I'm really astonished by how close you guys got the map, and to be so accurate! Every highway, street, everything! Thanks guys!

Also Dup, that gif, wow, I knew the map was big, but that shows that is huge!

• Like 2

We're all Rockstar employees.

Well this is awkward..

So i've been reading on the Reddit of GTA V and I found this VERY interesting post. Basically, this guy VERY accurately measured the maps of RDR, GTA SA, and GTA IV. He Concluded by saying that GTA SA is the largest of the three. Yes, its a fact. He then did a whole bunch of math which wouldn't really interest you but he did all this math using percentages along with the measurements of km I believe and then finally converting it to miles and he did ALL of this just to get an accurate reading of what a mile would be in GTA V's map. So then he posted this. Which is accurately showing how big the map is. How SA is compared to GTA V's map. Just note AGAIN that SA is the largest of all three of the maps i've mentioned.

http://i3.minus.com/ibxSxKT9m7OCdE.png

EDIT: Here is the map compared with all 3 of the maps.. oh.. my.. god.. this map is indeed going to be huge.

http://i4.minus.com/ibn8B5Vpb26ws6.png

We're all Rockstar employees.

Well this is awkward..

So i've been reading on the Reddit of GTA V and I found this VERY interesting post. Basically, this guy VERY accurately measured the maps of RDR, GTA SA, and GTA IV. He Concluded by saying that GTA SA is the largest of the three. Yes, its a fact. He then did a whole bunch of math which wouldn't really interest you but he did all this math using percentages along with the measurements of km I believe and then finally converting it to miles and he did ALL of this just to get an accurate reading of what a mile would be in GTA V's map. So then he posted this. Which is accurately showing how big the map is. How SA is compared to GTA V's map. Just note AGAIN that SA is the largest of all three of the maps i've mentioned.

http://i3.minus.com/ibxSxKT9m7OCdE.png

EDIT: Here is the map compared with all 3 of the maps.. oh.. my.. god.. this map is indeed going to be huge.

http://i4.minus.com/ibn8B5Vpb26ws6.png

Still worried about the map size, Jizzy?