I counted

18 safe houses

I count 20 with none in Chumash. I hope if that number is all that more become available through updates.

I'm still trying to figure out what the

"pc" icon and icons that are located on each mountain range are.

If it's what I think you're talking about, they're race locations.

As in checkered flags, not "pc".

I just don't see the city being the size of Liberty city like they said. Does anyone else?

No. I don't see it either. Looking at the road sizes compared to IV's map it looks a good bit smaller. Even though they mean LC and Alderney combined without the extra water between them, i still just don't see it.

I just don't see the city being the size of Liberty city like they said. Does anyone else?

Liberty City has smaller and tightly packed streets. Los Santos has wide streets and it's more spacious. The two cities have the same area.

No. I don't see it either. Looking at the road sizes compared to IV's map it looks a good bit smaller. Even though they mean LC and Alderney combined without the extra water between them, i still just don't see it.

Read my answer to the other quote :)

Great job guys, incredible effort and accuracy.

Any questions?

What part of the IV map are you using to compare city sizes? Unless I'm missing something, the IV map looks a little small just looking at the minor roads.

if i presume the airports in both maps are roughly the same size and the island of iv are quished together, then i guess it works out right.

but with out an accrate dipiction of the size of iv and v maps respectivly you can't compare the 2

what does it all mean lol. i get lost when we start talking about square miles, someone just show me an accurate representation of how liberty city and red dead compare in size, and ill be happy lol

• Like 1

I would also like to personally thank Dup and Fitty for all the amazing work they have done for this this map, if I wasn't broke after ordering Gta 5 it would be champagne all around!

• Like 1

Okay, if that is accurate, then the landmass in the blue, so that doesn't include the underwater, sea or the z axis, then look how the flat landmass falls into this chart in Miles Squared.

large-video-game-worlds2.jpg

Remember these? It's quite possibly bigger than Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion . Remember how big that was? Pretty huge. So it's bigger than Skyrim.

So there should be a good chance that Rockstar release a digital version of the official map today. They released the radio details after they were leaked and I'm sure they are more prepared for this one considering they knew when the strategy guides were sent to retailers.

Not sure about that one. It did take a long time to traverse from one end to the other though. I did it online with friends back in the day. Took like 15 minutes flat out in the best cars.

This reminds me off all the people complaining about the map size all over the interwebs:

dumb-people-2.jpg

• Like 3

The map looks plenty big, judging by the scale on the bottom left hand side of the map.

Also Two Dams/ Reservoirs... ( Vinewood Dam and Reservoir/ & / Land Act Dam and Reservoir )

Plus what the hell is this ~ http://s820.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0

GTAVBradyMap_zps8d7ae243.jpg

It starts on one side of the island, and comes out on the other ( an Underground River/ Aquifer? ). Using a submarine it could be a potential back-door entrance into the Prison and Power Station...

( On the map, it also looks like there are some caves at different points along the Aquifers path ) ( where it opens up into a larger area/ the yellow shaded parts )

confined_unconfined_aquifer.jpg

The Sub could enter from the Ocean and travel up the aquifer to different points under GTA V's map

The map looks plenty big, judging by the scale on the bottom left hand side of the map.

Also Two Dams/ Reservoirs... ( Vinewood Dam and Reservoir/ & / Land Act Dam and Reservoir )

Also what the hell is this ~ http://s820.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0

GTAVBradyMap_zps8d7ae243.jpg

It starts on one side of the island, and comes out on the other ( an Underground River/ Aquifer? ). Using a submarine it could be a potential back-door entrance into the Prison and Power Station...

confined_unconfined_aquifer.jpg

The Sub could enter from the Ocean and travel up the aquifer to different points under GTA V's map

Referring to your question in the Spoiler, I think...

It looks like a border. Like the ones you know from real maps. It divides the whole world into two counties - LS County and Blaine County. I would suggest that it may have influences on your Wanted Level when you cross the county border. Would be real awesome! :)

What do you think? ;)

It looks like a border. Like the ones you know from real maps. It divides the whole world into two counties - LS County and Blaine County. I would suggest that it may have influences on your Wanted Level when you cross the county border. Would be real awesome! :)

What do you think? ;)

Why does the "Border" go right out into the sea then? Like there is an underwater cave entrance in the Sea.

Here's a better version of the map ~

TNnkFHn.jpg

What do you think? ;)

Why does the "Border" go right out into the sea then? Like there is an underwater cave entrance in the Sea.

Plus there is a bigger/ clearer version of the map in the link I posted.

It is a Border Blacksox. If you zoom in you can see the yellow line going across. On one side it says "Blaine County". And on the other it says "Los Santos County".