i think it was the art director from R* that stated he wanted V no smaller than IV, and he took the land mass, just the land mass, of IV and made that the size of just the city in V. Add up the other parts of the map and i can see how it's a lot bigger. I'm greedy for a big map too, but i think i'm gonna be more than happy with the size. Not sure where that link was, or who posted it, if someone could help out on that....

i read that also but given what they have to work with i have my skepticism about it.

i guess it the developers than make these bold claims that actualy never work out as being accrate, i remember one game stating its map would take and hour to get from one side to another and it was nothing like that.

...but this is R*, I have learned not to doubt these guys. If they say the island is 3.5 times bigger then the island is 3.5 times bigger.

this article (the budgeting one) http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/technology/new-gta-v-release-tipped-to-rake-in-1bn-in-sales-1-3081943

says that the world is 49 square miles (assuming that doesn't consider water, which i realize will be cool but just in terms of land mass i'm interested in right now). how much bigger is that than iv? san andreas? vc?

this article (the budgeting one) http://www.scotsman....sales-1-3081943

says that the world is 49 square miles (assuming that doesn't consider water, which i realize will be cool but just in terms of land mass i'm interested in right now). how much bigger is that than iv? san andreas? vc?

I believe IV was 6.8sq miles, San Andreas was 13.9sq miles, Vice City was 3.9sq miles, and GTA III was 3sq miles

He's throwing in structures for the purpose of scale, not making the game world.

True, but I thought we were trying to recreate the GTA V map based on images and videos :) Isn't that the purpose of this thread?

yes it is, making a map, not the whole world.

you seem to be forgetting that the 3d graphic didn't have to be made and being rather disrespectful to the work thats been put into it..

Disrespectful? Sorry, but I think you've misjudged and I take offence to that. I've been defending the site and the community on IGN and N4G, when other's have been ungrateful of the work put into this.

@ReclusiveHitman

I created the 3d map to get a sense of scale of the world, not to recreate the world. The landmarks are only for scale reference, as mentioned by others. The locations you mentioned we already know where they are on the map. For example; The prison is that big dark oval shape in the desert, and route 68 is that long road that goes past the prison all the way towards the Zancudo river.

I totally understand. I even said in an earlier post that if anybody is doubting the size of the map, they need to zoom into street level to try and get a better perspective. I know where the route is lol, I was having trouble finding the military base.

Btw, if people are still ungrateful of the work put into this map, don't compare the topography to other R* games and think that's it. There's a whole other world under water.

Guys its just gonna be fucking huge . Played SA today and its big from all the way on three left going to the right of the map took like 20 mins in a fast car

And does anyone know if we r gonna be able to break into the military base or prison?

Guys its just gonna be fucking huge . Played SA today and its big from all the way on three left going to the right of the map took like 20 mins in a fast car

And does anyone know if we r gonna be able to break into the military base or prison?

Its GTA V. Of course we'll be able to.

i certainly hope i am proved wrong but i can't see it being that much bigger than gta iv so these 3.5 times bigger than what ever i just don't see it.

The city almost looks the size of gta 4? And thats not even counting one inch of countryside

To many negative Nancy's around here about the size of the map. The way I see it is the games done and we'll all have it in 7 days. It will be big and there is proof of that.

Wow, there's a lot of new people in here... Not surprising, given the game's current hype.

Read through the older posts peeps, all your questions will be answered tenfold! Sure, it'll take a few hours, at least, but you'll see pure gold, like Banana Pudding's constant arguments about perspective and scaling, or some drunk guy who threatened to have Massacre's posting privileges taken away. You'll also see hundreds of posts by members who have only posted 20 times constantly quoting Game Informer's statement that the game will be bigger than San Andreas, RDR and GTA IV combined, as though they were the first person to report it.

Enjoy! And by the time you catch up to this post, the game will be out!

• Like 5

That's not even the real map - or anything close to it.

Huh, well lets all take a look back to my post. Now, did I EVER say that it was the real actual map..??? I think not. Let's read before we accuse shall we boys? Also, its a fan made map OBVIOUSlY. Only for a visual.

• Like 1

We know it's a fan map. One of our members was the basis of it. The fact that it's not even close to the real map makes it a poor choice for a comparison.

Also, if you were so aware of it being a fan map, you probably should have had the sense to say "this fan map of GTA V" not "GTA V's map".

Well, buddy, if we take a look at the map it's compared to the confirmed part of the map. Not like i'm comparing GTA IV's map to Mt. Chilidad or something. I know you're just trying to prove me wrong and make me look stupid but it's not going to work. Let's just all agree that the map is going to be great. k? k.

• Like 1

That's not even the real map - or anything close to it.

Way to put a honky in is place, high five.

Im pretty sure that map is at least close, since everyone agrees that the user generated maps are pretty close to the original map.

• Like 1

We know it's a fan map. One of our members was the basis of it. The fact that it's not even close to the real map makes it a poor choice for a comparison.

Also, if you were so aware of it being a fan map, you probably should have had the sense to say "this fan map of GTA V" not "GTA V's map".

Also the way you worded that is not even close to the real map. What do you know?

And im not saying that I know.

QDeathStar, there's so much ignorancy in your comment, "honky" please butt-hole watch your language and put yourself in place.

The second part I agree with you, well, in my opinion. (Not others')

• Like 1