So glad you guys missed the hint to discuss animals in the Animals topic.

Did anyone have any remote idea until this point that Malibu would appear in the game? How big do you think the town will be? I mean, the real Malibu ain't small, right?

• Like 1

- Added a couple more assets, to help with scale judgement.

- Tweaked terrains slightly in areas that still felt needed work.

- Updated the grey version along side the colour one now, since i like the grey one for contrast.

thumbnail_448.png thumbnail_448.png

The file is getting quite big now, so loading may take a bit longer than before.

All looks in order. Good work to you and to everybody else involved. The Misc paragraph points out a couple of landmarks which I can't find on your map though e.g. the Route 68 prison and the military base.

4lKeM.png

He's throwing in structures for the purpose of scale, not making the game world.

Dammit Dup! Clearly you should have made and released your own, superior, version of GTAV by now!

Did anyone have any remote idea until this point that Malibu would appear in the game? How big do you think the town will be? I mean, the real Malibu ain't small, right?

Malibu isn't that big really, comparatively. less then 13,000 people live there. and everyone knows the only part of Malibu that counts is the beach homes/villa's.

He's throwing in structures for the purpose of scale, not making the game world.

True, but I thought we were trying to recreate the GTA V map based on images and videos :) Isn't that the purpose of this thread?

True, but I thought we were trying to recreate the GTA V map based on images and videos :) Isn't that the purpose of this thread?

yes it is, making a map, not the whole world.

you seem to be forgetting that the 3d graphic didn't have to be made and being rather disrespectful to the work thats been put into it..

• Like 1

@ReclusiveHitman

I created the 3d map to get a sense of scale of the world, not to recreate the world. The landmarks are only for scale reference, as mentioned by others. The locations you mentioned we already know where they are on the map. For example; The prison is that big dark oval shape in the desert, and route 68 is that long road that goes past the prison all the way towards the Zancudo river.

• Like 1

I think itll be bigger then we think i mean its 3.5 times bigger then 4 sa and rdr i the maps only look so big and in 4 they have all those bridges cut those out smash it together and LS will be bigger then all of 4 plus the country side bout time its back i hope theres snow and possibly hunting cabins we can buy

i think it was the art director from R* that stated he wanted V no smaller than IV, and he took the land mass, just the land mass, of IV and made that the size of just the city in V. Add up the other parts of the map and i can see how it's a lot bigger. I'm greedy for a big map too, but i think i'm gonna be more than happy with the size. Not sure where that link was, or who posted it, if someone could help out on that....

@ReclusiveHitman

I created the 3d map to get a sense of scale of the world, not to recreate the world. The landmarks are only for scale reference, as mentioned by others. The locations you mentioned we already know where they are on the map. For example; The prison is that big dark oval shape in the desert, and route 68 is that long road that goes past the prison all the way towards the Zancudo river.

Ohhh, that's what that oval is. Thank you Dup. Also your 3D map does help set scale reference.

i think it was the art director from R* that stated he wanted V no smaller than IV, and he took the land mass, just the land mass, of IV and made that the size of just the city in V. Add up the other parts of the map and i can see how it's a lot bigger. I'm greedy for a big map too, but i think i'm gonna be more than happy with the size. Not sure where that link was, or who posted it, if someone could help out on that....

i read that also but given what they have to work with i have my skepticism about it.

i guess it the developers than make these bold claims that actualy never work out as being accrate, i remember one game stating its map would take and hour to get from one side to another and it was nothing like that.