Another update on the map -I spent some time sculpting detail into the mountains, and added a couple of bridges up in Blaine county. Hopefully doing the scale of the map justice, as I've still seen many people say the map looks small, when it's clearly massive.

thumbnail_448.png

And If anyone is having trouble viewing the 3D model in their browser, here's a back up:

GTAV3dMap_zps2077addc.png

Hey man, it'd be sweet if you did a scaled version of GTAIV's map next to it, so people would have some sort of point of reference

Dup's put in a heap of effort just to do that. I don't mean to be rude but fuck the reference size. I'd like to see him superimpose a Prius next to the map to mess with people. Those who complain about the map size just need to chill out and appreciate what TreeFitty and Dup have done throughout the mapping process.

Hey, look, I appreciate the months of work and effort these guys have put in, and I'm not complaining about the map size at all (if you recall, I was blown away by LA Noire's map). I wasn't even asking, telling or suggesting that anyone to do anything they don't have to. "It would be sweet" has the same weight as a demand as "I wish that someone would give me some money".

The only reason I mentioned anything at all is because a lot of the internet community IS treating this as though it was the "official" map, and although Fitty and Dup are trying their hardest, the majority of (dull) internet users simply can't grasp the scale of the map/model. I mean, just look at the IGN comments:

"It seems much bigger in the game then this model shows."

"I feel like this looks way too small.. :/"

"this looks nothing like the real thing way too small"

"They said the map was going to be like 5 times bigger than GTA 4?!?"

"im glad this is just a fan made map because it does look rather small"

I wish I could say that this is a small portion of the feedback, but it's sadly the majority. I've watched this map come together, I understand the scope and scale, but not everybody has that context.

But, overall, it's YOUR project and time, and you are free to do what ever you want with it. I just thought I'd defend my comment that's apparently sparked some aggression.

• Like 2

I'm fully aware of the feedback, and I've tried my best to include details on my map to make it look in proportion. It's all good though, everyone will play GTA V in 10 days time, and see the real map, and realise we were in fact pretty close. And there will probably still be people complaining that the real map is smaller than they expected anyway...

• Like 3

I'm sorry if you (Pothatuu) thought that was a dig. I know your post wasn't from your point of view; I've seen the comments myself. I stand by my statement though and would hope that anyone who reads this thread will accept that the map size is the map size and not make a dick of themselves over the next ten days by complaining about the map size when talented forum members have used their own time to interpret what we've all seen as best as possible for the enjoyment and appreciation of everyone here. I understand what you were trying to say but at this point it shouldn't be necessary as we have 149 pages outlining every detail of the map, size included.

• Like 1

No need to apologise, pal.

I personally can't wait to see how close these guys actually are, then we can crack out the champagne and toast 684 days well spent...

In all honesty the map seems bigger and bigger with each new screenshot. Skydiving, vineyards, the redneck country north of the lake... hell, you know how much map you need to make certain parts completely pitch black at night? A ton. IGN could be saying all this and calm the whiners on gtaforums, but then, that would be helpful.

I mean, just look at the IGN comments:

"It seems much bigger in the game then this model shows."

"I feel like this looks way too small.. :/"

"this looks nothing like the real thing way too small"

"They said the map was going to be like 5 times bigger than GTA 4?!?"

"im glad this is just a fan made map because it does look rather small"

I wish I could say that this is a small portion of the feedback, but it's sadly the majority. I've watched this map come together, I understand the scope and scale, but not everybody has that context.

The thing is, IGN is full of a bunch of in-bred retards, with the same intelligence level as a pile of string.

So I wouldn't put much stock into what they think.

But the Map will be BIG of course...

• Like 2

- Added a couple more assets, to help with scale judgement.

- Tweaked terrains slightly in areas that still felt needed work.

- Updated the grey version along side the colour one now, since i like the grey one for contrast.

thumbnail_448.png thumbnail_448.png

The file is getting quite big now, so loading may take a bit longer than before.

Anybody doubting the scale of that map should zoom into street level and go into first person view. Breathtaking.

• Like 1

Anyone wanna take a guess at where this is? okay i will.

d03CF78.jpg

My initial thought was that it's probably on the south east side of the map round behind those hilly mountains. But it could also be around the coast from Del Perro, as in "Pacific Bluffs" aka Malibu... There was a pier over there on the blueprint after all. Looking at the higher road and the shape of the beach, and the buildings, i'm going with Malibu side.

noticed there is what looks to be a labrador type dog standing on the beach, wonder if that means we will see them playing or walking with their owners while driving around

I feel sorry for those dogs once Sept 17 gets here
  • Like 3

noticed there is what looks to be a labrador type dog standing on the beach, wonder if that means we will see them playing or walking with their owners while driving around

i love dog, i for one will be avoiding them if i can

i love dog, i for one will be avoiding them if i can

Your right, that's shy there's wolfs, deer, bear etc
  • Like 1

what about those xyz's in the house in the left... i think that pic was taken ages ago.... lol

actualy i think this stuff is taken the same way by using the 3d images and making a set of sorts.

everything gets placed in a astheticly pleaseing location relative to how the game mechanics would have them at which point its screen printed and edited, clearly someone dropped the ball and forgot to remove the xyz before hand.

in the same way the use of the 3d objects and audio (i.e cars and heli copters) can be placed into a animtation program to creat the cut scenes and trailers not truly related to the gameplay of the final product (making driving in the game look very easy)

PETA is going to go ballistic when GTA V is released ( what with all the casual murder of animals on offer ).

Same goes for when they see what you can do with Sharks and Whales in Assassins's Creed lV... :clap: