uhm... wasn't trip skip only a feature if you fucked up to get you back to the mission start in SA? can't seeing it in another situation than that

No, if you died/failed the mission, when you restarted the mission "Trip Skip" took you to the point after the initial travel at the beginning. For example, there's a loooong drive in the mission "Photo Opportunity", if you fail the mission after you've picked up Cesar and driven out to the vantage point, Trip Skip will allow you to skip straight to the vantage point, NOT the beginning of the mission.

post-3190-0-55685100-1378262343.png

I saw it, it's literally just Dup's 3D map with some buildings drawn on it....

Which video? i didn't see it on the "Map and Locations Detailed" video... Either way, Banana Pud is right, they're both from GTAforums. But also old & inaccurate.

I don't know, ask the guy who said "CVGs new GTA V Minute Facts show a new map. Never before seen.", and then didn't elaborate. I was just trying to be helpful, but I ended up watching the wrong vid...

i belive this is the video he was talking about:

Map update. - Added more of the roads, thinned highways, due to scale deception. Changed train track colour so you can see the difference between rail & road.Tweaked the terrain some more. Possible Mountain detail sculpt coming in next update if i have time before GTA V release.

Click image for 3D view:

thumbnail_448.png

• Like 10

i belive this is the video he was talking about:

I didn't see that map in that video...

They show Los Santos and then the countryside in different parts of the video. I managed to stitch the images of the map from the video. It's not perfect, I've never done this before. I don't know if anybody on the forum made this map, but here it is anyway.

zul84j.png

Yeah, that image has been floating around for a while (homer simpson/winston churchill head). He wasn't on about that map, he meant the 3D one in the image he posted, which wasn't in the footage. Doesn't matter anyway, it's not new.

They also said that mission checkpoints were introduced in TBOGT, when they were introduced in San Andreas and IV (in larger missions), then further implemented into every mission by TLAD.

What are you talking about? when did SA and IV have checkpoints

You seriously don't remember? While checkpoints were clearly not available throughout every mission, they did have checkpoints in the games' longer missions.

In San Andreas "Trip Skip" allowed you to cut out long drives before a shoot-out, chase ect, but you have to reach a specific point (a "checkpoint") in order to use it. Also, I specifically remember the final mission had multiple checkpoints, as it was a long-arse mission.

"If you had completed one or two parts and replay the mission, the first parts will be skipped and you will start from when you have failed the mission"

This was also present in GTA IV's final mission, as it too was super long.

the trip skip thing was nice but I do not consider it to be the same thing as a check point. Also, I just played SA and there is absolutely no checkpointing in the final mission of that game. At least not on the PS2 version. I remember very clearly having to do that final mission in SA over and over from the start just because stupid Smoke would fall off the firetruck and die. I do remember some check pointing in GTAIV now that I think of it, like it wouldn't make you chase those guys again in the last mission.

Edited by calimann83

Another update on the map -I spent some time sculpting detail into the mountains, and added a couple of bridges up in Blaine county. Hopefully doing the scale of the map justice, as I've still seen many people say the map looks small, when it's clearly massive.

thumbnail_448.png

And If anyone is having trouble viewing the 3D model in their browser, here's a back up:

GTAV3dMap_zps2077addc.png

• Like 18

Me? Well sorry.. lol. Can you still tell me what it could be..?

I said your post appears to have new sections added.

Awwwww sheeeit haha alrighty then

Edit: Also, conquested, mind pointing out those 3 airports?

Another update on the map -I spent some time sculpting detail into the mountains, and added a couple of bridges up in Blaine county. Hopefully doing the scale of the map justice, as I've still seen many people say the map looks small, when it's clearly massive.

thumbnail_448.png

And If anyone is having trouble viewing the 3D model in their browser, here's a back up:

Hey man, it'd be sweet if you did a scaled version of GTAIV's map next to it, so people would have some sort of point of reference

• Like 2

Does anyone possibly know what this part of the map could be?

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/king178/media/Untitled.png.html

(couldn't just post an image :P)

That's a dirt area where the oil pumpjacks are:

gta-5-trailer-1-oil-wells-pumping.jpg

As for the airport/strip discussion, I would think there is still a local airstrip near the vineyards for the Cropdusters. The one across the river turned into the military base but I assume there is still a local strip in that area.

I don't think it's the pumps west of kenneth hahn state park.

there's another pump field south of montebello town center (montebello, just east of east la) which matches better looking at its location relative to that of downtown

thumbnail_448.png

Hey man, it'd be sweet if you did a scaled version of GTAIV's map next to it, so people would have some sort of point of reference

Dup's put in a heap of effort just to do that. I don't mean to be rude but fuck the reference size. I'd like to see him superimpose a Prius next to the map to mess with people. Those who complain about the map size just need to chill out and appreciate what TreeFitty and Dup have done throughout the mapping process.

• Like 7

- Added a couple more assets, to help with scale judgement.

- Tweaked terrains slightly in areas that still felt needed work.

- Updated the grey version along side the colour one now, since i like the grey one for contrast.

thumbnail_448.png thumbnail_448.png

The file is getting quite big now, so loading may take a bit longer than before.

• Like 5