Having re-read the IGN preview, i don't think we're gonna have 4 airstrips

The article states that the Lost's airstrip is run-down, which I would assume is unusable. Therefore, we're more likely to have 3

<br></p><p>How does run down = unusable? sorry but I think that is a pretty silly assumption.

Having re-read the IGN preview, i don't think we're gonna have 4 airstrips

The article states that the Lost's airstrip is run-down, which I would assume is unusable. Therefore, we're more likely to have 3

<br></p><p>How does run down = unusable? sorry but I think that is a pretty silly assumption.

i'd compare it to the airstrip you could by in gta sa

They also said that mission checkpoints were introduced in TBOGT, when they were introduced in San Andreas and IV (in larger missions), then further implemented into every mission by TLAD.

Also, do you think we might even get a map reveal of some sort from IGN later on in the week? (I know it's a bit of a stretch, but they've surely seen it by now!)

They also said that mission checkpoints were introduced in TBOGT, when they were introduced in San Andreas and IV (in larger missions), then further implemented into every mission by TLAD.

What are you talking about? when did SA and IV have checkpoints

That ain't Dup's. That shit ain't even close to what we know either. CVG fucks up again.

Shocker

That ain't Dup's. That shit ain't even close to what we know either. CVG fucks up again.

I read that in Lefty from Mulberry Street's voice.

So did CVG try to claim another fan-made map? Or did they actual give credit to the person?

I don't know. I haven't read or watched any of the stuff from today because I feel like I know too much already. The only thing I want to see at this point is the map.

What are you talking about? when did SA and IV have checkpoints

You seriously don't remember? While checkpoints were clearly not available throughout every mission, they did have checkpoints in the games' longer missions.

In San Andreas "Trip Skip" allowed you to cut out long drives before a shoot-out, chase ect, but you have to reach a specific point (a "checkpoint") in order to use it. Also, I specifically remember the final mission had multiple checkpoints, as it was a long-arse mission.

"If you had completed one or two parts and replay the mission, the first parts will be skipped and you will start from when you have failed the mission"

This was also present in GTA IV's final mission, as it too was super long.

uhm... wasn't trip skip only a feature if you fucked up to get you back to the mission start in SA? can't seeing it in another situation than that

post-3190-0-55685100-1378262343.png

I saw it, it's literally just Dup's 3D map with some buildings drawn on it....

Which video? i didn't see it on the "Map and Locations Detailed" video... Either way, Banana Pud is right, they're both from GTAforums. But also old & inaccurate.

uhm... wasn't trip skip only a feature if you fucked up to get you back to the mission start in SA? can't seeing it in another situation than that

No, if you died/failed the mission, when you restarted the mission "Trip Skip" took you to the point after the initial travel at the beginning. For example, there's a loooong drive in the mission "Photo Opportunity", if you fail the mission after you've picked up Cesar and driven out to the vantage point, Trip Skip will allow you to skip straight to the vantage point, NOT the beginning of the mission.

post-3190-0-55685100-1378262343.png

I saw it, it's literally just Dup's 3D map with some buildings drawn on it....

Which video? i didn't see it on the "Map and Locations Detailed" video... Either way, Banana Pud is right, they're both from GTAforums. But also old & inaccurate.

I don't know, ask the guy who said "CVGs new GTA V Minute Facts show a new map. Never before seen.", and then didn't elaborate. I was just trying to be helpful, but I ended up watching the wrong vid...

I really appreciated trip skip. Especially since one of those random planes crashes took out Cesar the first time I did that mission. <_< The same thing happened to Ryder when I did his first mission, now that I think about it.

Let's hope the test to get a pilot license in Los Santos has gotten a little harder in recent years. Trevor's the only pilot I should be worried about.

I really appreciated trip skip. Especially since one of those random planes crashes took out Cesar the first time I did that mission. <_< The same thing happened to Ryder when I did his first mission, now that I think about it.

Let's hope the test to get a pilot license in Los Santos has gotten a little harder in recent years. Trevor's the only pilot I should be worried about.

You know, it always annoyed me that everyone talks about the SA plane crashes happening all the time and I only ever got one, and it didn't even fuck anything up. :no:

• Like 1

Only time a saw one was my first play through during the race where you meet Wu Zi. I was winning (finally) and a plane crashed right in front of me. I was fucking steamed. never seen one since.