Looking at the trailers and screenshots over the past year you start to remember buildings/landmarks and places of interest all over the place, so, it's like putting a jigsaw together. As soon as i saw the opening scene as well as the armoured Gatling scene, i knew i'd seen those areas before, and i was 99% sure they were in the same region. I was right.

Tree, Dup, my hat and pants (trousers, for you limey bastards) off to you both. You've made the last two years so much more pleasant, and built suspense like Hitchcock himself.

The line starts behind me to give fellatio thanks to these fine gentlemen.

• Like 6

2 things:

1) the city looks considerably massive in the trailer. take the parachute scene and compare it to the map. it's just about 1/3 of the city you see... well...

anways

and 2) did we ever see the "Getty Center" closeup? There's a lot of pictures showing it in the distance (for example here up in the hills, with a rl picture in which you can see the same part of the Getty clearly) but I can't remember a closeup...

From the new Official GTA V Trailer. Is this the Alamo Sea behind the Vinewood Sign, or maybe the Ocean? Or is there fog hiding the land or something?

Are the Hills in the distance connected to the Mainland? Or are they separate islands?

VinewoodSign1_zpse5bb783e.png

Also, can anyone tell me ( using the map known so far ) which direction this Screencap is pointing?

Pretty sure thats the Vinewood sign down there, so I say North.

Ya, and that definitely low clouds or fog you see beyond the Vinewood sign. Those 'islands' are the mountains at the north end of the map...maybe Mt Chiliad?

Pretty sure thats the Vinewood sign down there, so I say North.

Ya, and that definitely low clouds or fog you see beyond the Vinewood sign. Those 'islands' are the mountains at the north end of the map...maybe Mt Chiliad?

Yep, the highest mountain [in the pic] is in fact, Mt. Chilliad, and behind it a little to the left you find the town of Paleto. The foggy zone is covering the right half of what we may refer to the main part of Blaine County, where all the towns are, and just in the middle (again only the half right) of that zone is Alamo Sea.

So it's just fog then.

It looks like the weather system will be a lot more extensive than in previous GTA's.

I wonder how thick it is on the ground? It could really add to the City and Countryside's 'atmosphere' if there's hardly any visibility during a fog.

• Like 1

I just noticed that this thread surpassed the "what are you looking for" thread... damn. Welcome to the most popular thread on this subforum :P Why is this not pinned, and Fakes & Pisstakes is?

I'll be looking through the trailer again tonight and see if I can find some of the other less known locations In it.

I still wish we got a screenshot or a small clip in a trailer confirming the snow. That one postcard makes me hopeful, but still has me skeptical. The maps look great, but i know they're based of the screens and trailers and such. Since we haven't really seen the snow, Is there any part of the map we really haven't seen in some way, that could be where it snows? Since i doubt its just going to start snowing in downtown LS or in the desert.

I still wish we got a screenshot or a small clip in a trailer confirming the snow. That one postcard makes me hopeful, but still has me skeptical. The maps look great, but i know they're based of the screens and trailers and such. Since we haven't really seen the snow, Is there any part of the map we really haven't seen in some way, that could be where it snows? Since i doubt its just going to start snowing in downtown LS or in the desert.

i was having the same exact thought earlier.

I beleive it's seasonal as in the weather system. .. I dont think they'd go to the effort of making a snowy environment and only use it in one place, when they could implement it into the weather cycle.

You guys also reealise there has to be some sort of timeline within the game which could take place over several months. The mile high club sky scrapper was our first hint at that, with its different stages of completion.

I beleive it's seasonal as in the weather system. .. I dont think they'd go to the effort of making a snowy environment and only use it in one place, when they could implement it into the weather cycle.

You guys also reealise there has to be some sort of timeline within the game which could take place over several months. The mile high club sky scrapper was our first hint at that, with its different stages of completion.

Perhaps a Bully-esque type of timeline with various seasons, seasonal events and special activities that are specific to that season?

• Like 1

I can guarantee 100% that there will not be snow in Los Santos. My best guess is that if there is snow (which HAS been teased, as we know), that it'll be in one isolated area (like RDR).

If I'm wrong about snow in LS, I will buy Dup a commemorative mug with my face on it, looking upset.

• Like 6