I don't see why people would see that as 'not as big as expected'. This is certainly enough room to roam im single player, and don't forget GTAO's world will be ever expanding over the years...

When I say people won't think it is as big as expected, I mostly mean the whiny bitches that get too hyped up about the game and complain when they get it. i won't have a problem with the size, but those who enjoy bitching will literally compare the size to the 3 maps and say "R* suckss cuz they didnt make tha game as big as they sed they wood."

GTA San Andreas seemd huge and packed but everything was packed together very close you just didn't realise because of the draw distance.

GTA IV was pretty big but it was just made up useless buildings.

GTA V is going to be huge, if not by size then the experience there will be so much to do.

The map will contain everything, and more!

When I say people won't think it is as big as expected, I mostly mean the whiny bitches that get too hyped up about the game and complain when they get it. i won't have a problem with the size, but those who enjoy bitching will literally compare the size to the 3 maps and say "R* suckss cuz they didnt make tha game as big as they sed they wood."

It's not the size of the map it's the way you use it............... it's the quality of the map, and the subtle visual features that really make the world immersive.

• Like 1

It's not the size of the map it's the way you use it............... it's the quality of the map, and the subtle visual features that really make the world immersive.

Exactly, driving through a huge area with the same tree 20 times isn't fun. It should be immersive with detail.

This has been discussed (I'm not sure where),

A quote from Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies:

"It's big, and the level of detail in there is ridiculous.

It's really quite impressive what the artists have managed to do; to squeeze it all on to this machine."

We're also completely forgetting the sea which is part of the map...

Meh to that point, but I think the map will be adequate

Dear everyone:

Never complained about the size of the map. I believe that content is more important than the sheer size. I was just making a point that the scale of GTA V according to Rockstar is most likely a bit misleading, and will lead to some directly comparing the GTA V map to the RDR, SA, and IV map and being disappointed.

That appears to be the huge north mountain with Paleto hidden underneath the poster and Grapeseed top left.

so is that possibly north Yankton from the Brochuer?

That's definitely grapeseed. Yankton i think is the little down directly north of the Alamo sea, North Yankton could sprawl down from the mountain maybe?.

Here's a map me and Fitty have been working on together. TreeFitty created LS and the roads, i made Blaine County and the North:

GTAVMap_AUGUST_zps398ca745.png

Still a lot of roads to add, but i'm looking through all the screenshots and screencap and working them out atm.

• Like 11

That's on San Chansi/Chanski (North East corner of the map) looking south towards Cape Catfish, and the small stream into the Alamo. In the far right you see those tall silos and farm lands which are in or just beside Grapeseed. And those mountains roll into the Tataviam mountians.

• Like 1

That's on San Chansi/Chanski (North East corner of the map) looking south towards Cape Catfish, and the small stream into the Alamo. In the far right you see those tall silos and farm lands which are part of Grapeseed. And those mountains roll into the Tataviam mountians.
so is this the same light house just at a different angle and close up?

post-10497-0-71562000-1376790294.jpg

That's definitely grapeseed. Yankton i think is the little down directly north of the Alamo sea, North Yankton could sprawl down from the mountain maybe?.

Here's a map me and Fitty have been working on together. TreeFitty created LS and the roads, i made Blaine County and the North:

Still a lot of roads to add, but i'm looking through all the screenshots and screencap and working them out atm.

Wow. Nice job. But one thing: Isn't Blaine County where Trevor lives which is directly beside the Alamo Sea? Not sure, but that's what I always assumed.

Wow. Nice job. But one thing: Isn't Blaine County where Trevor lives which is directly beside the Alamo Sea? Not sure, but that's what I always assumed.

it is where Trevor lives but up until the official website came out with those brochures we weren't aware of sanora desert or its location at least. I may be wrong on the second part.

Another thing with seƱora desert. Hopefully it replicates the Mojave desert with sand dunes and not just open desert like the rest of Blaine county.