LOL^ that will forever be in my mind, even years down the line.

Okay, so i found this version of the logo, it's a bit sharper. And I've drawn the outline from upscaling it.

83036.png

Here you have it, the first basic outline of the full map!

1sVHyNJ.png

Obviously it's missing a lot of fidelity. But we all know the shape of the map by now anyway. Lets sit back and wait for the HD retarded kid head now!

Hmm. No northwest portion of the map. Shucks. Well, i guess there is still that western island. I bet its almost as big as blain county fully exploring it is one of the secret objectives. :mellow:

Doesn't seem as "huge" as they were claiming it to be...

(It's still big though)

Btw it looks like the profile of a retarded kid... Congrats, DuPz!

Well it basically shows that the city of Los Santos makes up less than a third of the map and that's not including all the interiors and underwater areas.. Im definitely not worried about the size of this map.. I'm fuckin pumped.. cant wait :D

• Like 5

Well it basically shows that the city of Los Santos makes up less than a third of the map and that's not including all the interiors and underwater areas.. Im definitely not worried about the size of this map.. I'm fuckin pumped.. cant wait :D

Edit: Actually, I think it may even be less than a fourth really, seeing as how there is countryside on both sides of the city.. yep, its most definitely big enough for me..

... and 15 other players :)

i will be one big ass map!

the only question now is if 16 players will even be enough to make it feel filled. i hope they don't turn blips off! haha.

I wonder if there will be any Islands off the coast.

Also, I could be wrong but I remember seeing an Oil Rig in the Ocean in one of the screenshots/ vids. But I can't find an image for it, does anyone remember hearing about it or seeing it?

Obviously the icon is low res so there is some variation:

post-3-0-50476700-1376707372.png

(and I made up the lower edge and part of the lower-right area since the blueprints didn't show them)

That's a good visualisation of the scale if you ask me. LS takes up less than 1/5 of the map. Plenty of terrain to explore.

• Like 1

jSsmHRj.png

Is that LS overlaid 4 times? I'm confused. I am also quite drunk.

Yes it is.

He's basically showing that you can fit the entire city on the map 5 times. That's a lotta map! :faplight:

If this is the actual shape of the map, (I'm still a bit dubious) then there is going to be way to much countryside/desert. I just hope that all of it isn't going to be empty or recycled like San Andreas was, because that's just lazy.

There will be more than empty space. They even said that e erh inch of the map was carefully structured by multiple artists to ensure nothing looks boing or empty. So expect a couple of small towns/villages.

I'll update the map soon with new locations we found on the website.

• Like 2

If this is the actual shape of the map, (I'm still a bit dubious) then there is going to be way to much countryside/desert. I just hope that all of it isn't going to be empty or recycled like San Andreas was, because that's just lazy.

I'm going to guess it had more to do with the hardware than laziness. I could be wrong though.

so... one of you map-savvy people should come up w/ an IV comparison to the V map. kinda like how dupzor posted V's CITY framework over the whole thing, i'm curious as to see how many complete IV maps you could fit onto the whole V one (roughly, i know it's still a non-precise rough outline of the map's framework).

Has anyone seen this? Do the dimensions look right? ~

gtamap_zps39d064dc.gif

So if GTA San Andreas is approximately 3x the size of Liberty City. And if the airports are the same size in this map. Then what does this say about the size of GTA V?

Looks BIG right.

^ already been done.

hmm, i just saw this

(comparison done at 1:50ish) after my post and it shows 5 IV maps fitting in the V one. either way it's gonna be huge.

We're also completely forgetting the sea which is part of the map...

If you included that in IV even though you couldn't do anything with it, IV had a pretty large map. I could go super far out and no longer see the map or lights.

I have a feeling that many people will be disappointed by the size of the map. Rockstar says that it will be the size of RDR, GTA IV, and San Andreas put together, but that includes the underwater, which I believe will take up a significant amount of the map size. To compare it to previous maps, I think the countryside will be the size of RDR, Los Santos the size of GTA IV, and underwater will take up the scale of San Andreas. So the map will still be huge, but not as big as some may think.