The maps you people make have this vertical rectangle shape. Just like an iphone screen, i'm thinking the map isnt going to be on the pause menu anymore but on your phone as iFruit maps or something like doodle maps.

Has anyone seen this? Do the dimensions look right? ~

gtamap_zps39d064dc.gif

So if GTA San Andreas is approximately 3x the size of Liberty City. And if the airports are the same size in this map. Then what does this say about the size of GTA V?

Looks BIG right.

To me that still makes the city of Los Santos look small still LOL

The city of Los Santos is going to be plenty big enough to do whatever it is to do in a city. The fact that there's extensive countryside just seems like an added bonus imo..

• Like 2

I've seen so many different scale variations during this map-making process that I have no idea how to draw comparisons.

Occasionally LS is shown to be the last size as a squashed together Liberty City, and other times it is shown to be the same size as Bohan alone.

Either way, if Los Santos has even half the detail and scope that LA Noire had, I'll be pleased.

EDIT: Also, just a fun bit of trivia: If San Andreas was 1:1 scale with New York, you could fit approximately 4.2 entire San Andreas' into Manhattan alone.

I thought there would be more to the map like islands to unlock little disappointed tbh

While I don't believe there will be unlockable islands keep hoping because that's not the real map (though it'll but awfully bloody close).

I thought there would be more to the map like islands to unlock little disappointed tbh

No need to worry, we haven't seen the real map yet anyway.

All of this is still mostly speculation. And I'm sure that there will be plenty of surprises when we finally see the finished version of GTA V's map.

That doesn't appear right to me. just for the fact of the shape of the road in the screenshot. It appears to fit better at zancudo peak, but that would put everything out of place. It just verifies that we really have a basic shape of the map.

You can see the city in the top right corner though.

That doesn't appear right to me. just for the fact of the shape of the road in the screenshot. It appears to fit better at zancudo peak, but that would put everything out of place. It just verifies that we really have a basic shape of the map.

well another mistery is solved

official-screenshot-all-downhill-from-here.jpg

No more questions regarding the building on top of the hill

Well i think that could be the highest peak of Mt.Chiliad (I could be wrong), which we've seen in other screenshots beside Paleto town in the north. But, i see no snow, so that must mean it falls at different intervals with the weather system, either that or possibly the northwestern corner has the snowy peak...

Also this:

FlWuaHE.jpg

1. This is now 100% confirmed to be Mt. Chiliad,

2. Pala Springs... If this is the same cable line peak as the one with the precariously placed shack thing, then this means it's not Chiliad. So could the "Alamo peak" and the Chiliad peak be two separate peaks in the same region of the map?

3. And last of all, is that the snowplough? The snow behind it has been cleared... it seems like it could be. Also, could this be a small village/settlement in Pala Springs?

85811314m.jpg

We also have another postcard here with a mountain name on it. It's called San Chiansi... Or San Chiansk/Chianski or something along those lines. Judging by the mountain shape, it looks like it could the mountain in the background here, but from the opposite side:

official-screenshot-airplane-follows-a-coastal-chase.jpg

• Like 5

Nice work DuP.

1. Yup

2. Yes, I think Alamo peak could be a separate peak from the Chiliad peak but still be part of Mt Chiliad. in other words, like in real life, you have a mountain called Mt X and it has multiple peaks one of which (usually the highest) is called X Peak. so Mt Chiliad could be a large chain with multiple peaks. I am not sure if that fits with the evidence.

3. I dont know about that being a snow plow, doesn't look like much of anything. Just not enough detail.

well one thing is for certain, there will be plenty of wilderness to explore.

I also noticed this on one of those new screenshots. Not sure where it is in relation to the map yet, but it's interesting.

FhwIxyt.jpg

I can't tell if they're house roofs, or tent canopy's like some camp sight. But it's something to look forward to. Could be some tranquility yoga spot.

• Like 1