I'd like to point out that the aerial views from the gameplay video are not 100% accurate to the actual map. Since the camera is just hanging over the area (not extremely high) it is susceptible to distortion from hilly/mountainous terrain and distance given the perspective. Perfect example is Michael's home. You can line up the streets in the middle of the screenshot to the blueprint map but the northern streets (which are much higher in elevation) do not line up well.

Through a little experimentation I've found that the higher elevation areas appear to span farther distances with the distortion so the collage of aerial pics (more so the Michael -> Trevor pics) would not actually be that large of a distance and the map is a little smaller than you'd think just by looking at that collage.

edit: Here's an info graphic:

u3s.png

• Like 1

I'd like to point out that the aerial views from the gameplay video are not 100% accurate to the actual map. Since the camera is just hanging over the area (not extremely high) it is susceptible to distortion from hilly/mountainous terrain and distance given the perspective. Perfect example is Michael's home. You can line up the streets in the middle of the screenshot to the blueprint map but the northern streets (which are much higher in elevation) do not line up well.

Through a little experimentation I've found that the higher elevation areas appear to span farther distances with the distortion so the collage of aerial pics (more so the Michael -> Trevor pics) would not actually be that large of a distance and the map is a little smaller than you'd think just by looking at that collage.

edit: Here's an info graphic:

u3s.png

then again if you sync all the pictures from the center :P:P then the actual location is exacly on the percieved :P

albeit that if that camera keeps a certain height above terrain ( zoom's out if terrain is higher. And i suspect it does how else would it do so is switched to player is on top of mountain. If it does indeed zoom out then theyre is no way of connecting images together to get a correct image since it zoom out and in while moving ).

then again if you sync all the pictures from the center :P:P then the actual location is exacly on the percieved :P

albeit that if that camera keeps a certain height above terrain ( zoom's out if terrain is higher. And i suspect it does how else would it do so is switched to player is on top of mountain. If it does indeed zoom out then theyre is no way of connecting images together to get a correct image since it zoom out and in while moving ).

What the hell are you talking about?

• Like 1

What the hell are you talking about?

Smart stuff not that i think you will understand though :P

then again sometimes i dont understand myself either ...

Too smart for my own good :P

Smart stuff not that i think you will understand though :P

then again sometimes i dont understand myself either ...

To smart for my own good :P

Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about.

thats one possilbe scenario but i think we are drifting off topic afterall im just "Nobody Special" as it says right above my avatar..

I think that any and all assumptions to recreate the map ( Reinvent the wheel ) will all fall into nothingness once we see the full scale official map...

To smart for my own good :P

You meant to say too smart, genius.

I know right ?? :whistle: like you never make typos as we say here ( je hebt de typ tyfus ) ..

I think 'typtyfus' would be one word :P Anyway, since this is an English website it's unnecessary to start speaking Dutch.

Whoops, wasn't planning on quoting all of that.

I've pinpointed the multiplayer pad/safehouse on the map.

tZdJ4mG.jpg

After seeing all the satellite views and the size of the roads, and buildings, we must come to an agreement that LS is a lot bigger than a lot of people thought. Some of us have been saying for ages, that it's going to be a lot bigger when you're down inside it than it does from a hill where everything looks micro...

• Like 14

FTdTrFw.jpg

^ Best map estimate I've seen so far me thinks.

I still think they are hiding something in the North West Corner

the body of water here, to the left:

official-screenshot-view-from-observatory.jpg

I think we can see it in the map-panning scene, around the middle of the mesh linked here.

it's cleary not the one with the dam as this is way to the east of the city so it must be this one, sort of Hollywood Reservoir inspired imho.

pSNEW6T.png

I don't think anyones pointed this tunnel out. At least it looks like a tunnel, but def not a train tunnel, and I don't think there's any paved road there. Ideas?

Military base?

X-Men FTW!

FTdTrFw.jpg

^ Best map estimate I've seen so far me thinks.

That's weird... it looks like my grandma.

:huh: