Rededit, gunt

On the rolled up map, up is south, down is north. Its flipped

The view shown in the pic is of the back of the map - if you look at the seal, the words are backwards and Los Santos is around the wrong way in comparison to the inset.

Or what Treefitty said.....

special-full.jpg

Judging by the way the map is rolled, there must be a lot of stuff further south after los santos...

There is only a half a roll going north. But there are are like almost two rolls going south

I see what you're saying, there map does seem to be upside down. However, los santos is confirmed the southernmost part, and the map doesn't go very far south after the airport. The map is also inverted, most likely done to screw with you a bit when trying to piece things together. But the map so far is correct. (Y)

Just came across this on Reddit, apparently its from GTAF.

SShores_2.png

I'm really impressed with the level of detail that is available at that height! :-)

• Like 1

special-full.jpg

Judging by the way the map is rolled, there must be a lot of stuff further south after los santos...

There is only a half a roll going north. But there are are like almost two rolls going south

I see what you're saying, there map does seem to be upside down. However, los santos is confirmed the southernmost part, and the map doesn't go very far south after the airport. The map is also inverted, most likely done to screw with you a bit when trying to piece things together. But the map so far is correct. (Y)

Not doubting you, just curious because I don't remember it being said -- where was it confirmed that LS was at the southermost tip of the map?

Also, just saying, if it turns out there is more map below LS (and, in particular, Lost Puertos) I best get some credit for the theory, y'all. (I'm only sort of kidding.)

Just came across this on Reddit, apparently its from GTAF.

I'm really impressed with the level of detail that is available at that height! :-)

After looking at that a little more, yeah it offers a good ariel view of the layout, but any landscaping or topography is going to way out of whack. IE those trees in the upper right, the distortion makes them look a couple hundred feet tall.

special-full.jpg

Not doubting you, just curious because I don't remember it being said -- where was it confirmed that LS was at the southermost tip of the map?

Also, just saying, if it turns out there is more map below LS (and, in particular, Lost Puertos) I best get some credit for the theory, y'all. (I'm only sort of kidding.)

It was somewhere in a Russian preview i read. i managed to find it in gta forums though. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=557647&st=0 this mentions the city orientation and the casual games on the Ifruit that i brought up in that feed.

If they put anything south of Los Santos, they'd be taking a lot of liberties. They confirmed no Mexico, and that's pretty much all there is south of LA. All that's noteworthy, anyway.

If they put anything south of Los Santos, they'd be taking a lot of liberties. They confirmed no Mexico, and that's pretty much all there is south of LA. All that's noteworthy, anyway.

I think San Diego would have something to say about that.

• Like 1

I was thinking more south east/east of the city. looks like ill have to slop together a map to show what im talking about...

9095529738_92f952456c_o.jpg

Made this quickly in paint and, if we look at the rolls, we can see that they can't be accurate. If they are, that means the city would be at the very top of the map.

Edited by Googlefluff
  • Like 1

I still have my fingers crossed for snow at the top of the larger mountains.
anyone remember a while back when all that information was released by a supposed Rockstar former employee. I'm notin any way validating hat he said but he mentioned there being snow, I remember. I really hope that if nothing else he is right about that

I think San Diego would have something to say about that.

I did say 'noteworthy.'

• Like 1