I do believe the map's artwork appears to explore the relationship between Bauhausian sensibilities and multimedia experiences.

I see influences as diverse as Wittgenstein and Miles Davis, new combinations being synthesised from both mundane and transcendant discourse.

And it looks real purty too! :v

Is it just me or does it look like the hiker is starting to catch fire?, also "?" Could be 1. Pure woods where you have a hideout?

2. No idea

3. Maybe a maximum security prison, something like if they try to escape they have to survive the wilderness

Okay, so I had a thought about the map (and by thought I mean dream, ha). Now, first let me say that I don't think there is another city, but hear me out. Try to reimange the map a bit having Los Santos much closer to the top left side of the map. That's still possible if the rest of the map starts going south out of view of the map snippet we saw (so north would still be north). Above it and to the west are what we've speculated, with mountains to the north and the Alamo sea to the west. But instead of extended so far north as we've been thinking, it stretches in to the southeast ending with Los Puertas (San Diego) at the very far bottom southeast portion of the map (SD is farther south and it woud be a logical cut-off point because of the Mexican border).

Sorry if this sounds completely crazy, I just thought it was an interesting idea and the map would look much more like the actual southern portion of CA.

Edit: http://www.buoyweather.com/images/regional/SD.gif -- a good example of what I mean. You can see how LS could still be on the water, there still being space above it and to the west, while it could also extend south to LP without us having seen that in the screens.

• Like 3

Yeah, like i said, I don't really believe that to be the case, but looking at the blueprint it's not too hard to imagining the land continuing further southeast out of view if you look at the real life map comparison. Would be awesome, but I'm not crossing any fingers.

clg5.jpg

Found that on gtaforums. It's the same mountain i suggested. But i'm not sure about the placement. As there is no higher peak , that looks like the highest part. I do believe this is the right area though.

Yeah, it doesn't fit. First, the mountain in the first two keeps climbing, while the mountain in the third shot does not. Second, the angle is all off, unless the hikers are at a funny angle.

well look at LA in real life, there is a lot of land obviously to the south east, so maybe the hole eastern part of the map will be desert, and the whole north western will be the forest and mountains. that's just my assumption, having Los Santos be at the very bottom is kinda boring, and makes the city seem small and compact, Imo, but if there was land south east of it, it would allow for a more even distribution of the shit they put in the game, like the geography, towns, and other things. having everything northish of the city is pretty boring.

Didnt rockstar or someone say fan maps are extremely close to the map???

If thats the case then idk about a southern section

Didnt rockstar or someone say fan maps are extremely close to the map???

If thats the case then idk about a southern section

CVG said that when they went to the R* office for the demo, R* said the fan maps were pretty close.

well look at LA in real life, there is a lot of land obviously to the south east, so maybe the hole eastern part of the map will be desert, and the whole north western will be the forest and mountains. that's just my assumption, having Los Santos be at the very bottom is kinda boring, and makes the city seem small and compact, Imo, but if there was land south east of it, it would allow for a more even distribution of the shit they put in the game, like the geography, towns, and other things. having everything northish of the city is pretty boring.

Of course not,

If i am in the desert i want to go to the other side as fast as i can. If LS is between it it would slow me down.

official-screenshot-crop-duster.jpgOn the peak, second from the left of screen, is that a tree or a structure?

hard to say, but it stands out by itself so its probably a structure (tower of some sort is my guess)

That does look interesting, looks like a passage a good place to ambush someone. I wonder what's on top of it though?

Also post #100! Personal record for me ;)

soo i'm thinking this might just be shrubbery, but it's worth a look. remember during IV when this pic revealed a map in a police vehicle?

well, i noticed in this screenshot, if you look into the front winsheild and next to the cop hangning out of the suv, there appears to be either a bush in the background... or a map? doubtful it's a map, but, again, the IV map was revealed via police vehicle, so you never know. thoughts? http://www.igta5.com...d-a-red-car.jpg