Having seen GTA 5o'clock and the map they have put together I am posting the HD version of the map for everyone to analyse and edit. CVG have done a great job so far and it would be awesome to see how we can contribute to their mapping. (for more information refer to their video, it's been posted in this topic)

Sorry man, but you're a bit slow. It's already been posted a few minutes ago

Sorry about that, I should probably open all the spoilers next time :)

First thing i noticed was how far to the right the dam was, it may well be that far out, but i'm sure it's slightly closer to the city. They may know the shape and size of the Alamo Sea better than we do, because they saw the character switch google-earth-style transition.

Hold up, is that V-logo in the corner directly from CVG or did someone else add it? I'm wondering because it's from this site.

I'm pretty damn sure they fucked up the rivers coming from the Alamo Sea. Almost all of us agree that there are two distinct rivers on the western side. The northern one having the rail bridge and the southern one near [what is assumed to be] Trevor's trailer park.

And the more I look at it, the more I think they really screwed the pooch. The highway leading away from the racetrack/Vinewood area just deadends. And a bunch of other stuff just seems wacky.

Hold up, is that V-logo in the corner directly from CVG or did someone else add it? I'm wondering because it's from this site.

I'm pretty damn sure they fucked up the rivers coming from the Alamo Sea. Almost all of us agree that there are two distinct rivers on the western side. The northern one having the rail bridge and the southern one near [what is assumed to be] Trevor's trailer park.

It's directly from CGV's map. They probably just typed in 'GTA 5 logo' in Google and it came up/

And the more I look at it, the more I think they really screwed the pooch. The highway leading away from the racetrack/Vinewood area just deadends. And a bunch of other stuff just seems wacky.

Yeah they definitely fucked up the rivers. It just seems like they chucked it together over night without putting much thought into geography. Which i think they did. They can't compete with the maps people have been putting together for the past few months... Pretty disappointed with them if i'm honest, they'll do anything for subscribers...

It's definitely interesting, they actually saw the map during the character switch, so those towns placed throughout could be close. But in the end I'm willing to bet that they're not, and they kinda just threw shit on there.

That actually doesn't mean they saw the whole map, though. It may not zoom out all the way but just enough into the sky and then pans over to the next character.

I think they saw a lot more of the city than they did the countryside, which is why that area of the map seems slightly sloppy. Either way, it's just an estimate so we'll just have to wait for Rockstar to officially reveal the map.

post-21261-0-85431700-1369948015_thumb.jpg

Tnkg3Do.png

B-pud, they totally ripped your map shape :P

yeah what the hell I thought they'd at least change the shape but it just shows how much people trust your work dup

It was kind of accurate up until when they were leaving the Compton area than it kinda went downhill

I noticed that On their map like 3,4 maybe five of the roads in the countryside just abruptly end for no reason

I can never watch a CVG video all the way through, I try to watch it but I usually get about 10 minutes in and end up saying "the fuck?" They really do way, way too much speculation. I seriously don't think they've been right about more than 3 things... The same thing with this map, it's shit.

• Like 1

They're right about things that everyone knows to be true and they just reiterate the information. what really is wrong with the videos is the stupid lucid guesses they make that wind up being holy fuck wrong

I noticed that On their map like 3,4 maybe five of the roads in the countryside just abruptly end for no reason

Doesn't mean there's nothing there.

• Like 1

I watched like half an hour of it I am sorry for dishonoring you oh great lord DuPz0r it will not happen again I promise

Everyone seems to be sold on that circular road being a race track. Looks more like a regular road to me. If it was a racetrack, It'd probably be more isolated from the city and surrounded by a parking lot.

Nevermind. I thought CVG's LS was mapped out exactly like the blueprint map. It definitely looks more like a racetrack on the blueprint map. Could it possibly be the LS version of the Hollywood Park Race Track?

*looks up more LA racetracks*

That was another issue I found with their map. They connected a road to it like a neighborhood.

As for the track it is based on, Hollywood Park Race Track is actually nowhere near Hollywood (it's near LAX and the beaches) but of course that doesn't stop Rockstar from using it there. There are a few tracks in the LA area.

This new map makes Los Santos Look a lot bigger than in the Blueprint map ~

7WHa567.jpgoiVfLNF.jpg

You can see that the streets on the Blue Print Map are just main roads, and that there are probably smaller connecting white roads, as shown on CVG's much more clearer Map.

Also, I wonder whether there will be an underground metro style Train System underneath Los Santos, or whether there will be some kind of Sewer System running underneath portions of it.

Edited by Massacre
Large image is large.

First thing i noticed was how far to the right the dam was, it may well be that far out, but i'm sure it's slightly closer to the city. They may know the shape and size of the Alamo Sea better than we do, because they saw the character switch google-earth-style transition.

I do not think there is any doubt. Look at this image

319305-gta-v-dam_zps52d7d8ed.jpg

There is no way it is that for east.

In fact this would make more sense:

oiVfLNF_zps260f97f0.jpg

that would put it right out of veiw in the blueprint and in line with the photo.

The whole GTAVoclock thing has been a facepalm from the beginning. I'm not sure it will ever be worth anything. Especially if ^this stuff^ is all that they plan to do for the next 4.5 months.

Yeah, this is pretty bad. I had hopes that they would could come up with something interesting, but the more I look at the map the more I find things that do not make sense.

Edited by calimann83