Yeah but it will just be the ocean immediate to San Andreas there's no way they made the ocean fully explorable that would take months upon months to design

I'd imagine that the blueprint map will show many, possibly all of, the sea/ocean wrecks, as R* said the blueprint map will show "Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur."

• Like 1

Yeah but it will just be the ocean immediate to San Andreas there's no way they made the ocean fully explorable that would take months upon months to design

couldn't they just copy and paste?
  • Like 1

The blueprint map is 21.5" x 26.75". The most likely scale seems to be 1 inch = 1/4 mile. That would make the area within the border around 30 square miles. That matches well with the SA + IV + RDR size description.

More importantly, it matches the size of my estimate. ;)

• Like 1

I'd imagine that the blueprint map will show many, possibly all of, the sea/ocean wrecks, as R* said the blueprint map will show "Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur."

I hope not, that would take the fun out of exploring. I think the map will just have a few key points.

I am hoping that there will be enough down there (and in the rest of the map) to keep this topic alive for months after the game comes out.

The blueprint map is 21.5" x 26.75". The most likely scale seems to be 1 inch = 1/4 mile. That would make the area within the border around 30 square miles. That matches well with the SA + IV + RDR size description.

Do you still believe GTAIV (6sqm) is bigger than RDR?

Har Har Har Har Har :v

GTA IV only had around 3.5 square miles of land. Counting the water around the islands makes it around 6.5 square miles. RDR has about 5.5 square miles of reachable area.

5 times RDR has to be the same as SA + IV + RDR.

Find the value for RDR that makes the above correct.

Ta-dah!

GTA IV only had around 3.5 square miles of land. Counting the water around the islands makes it around 6.5 square miles. RDR has about 5.5 square miles of reachable area.

5 times RDR has to be the same as SA + IV + RDR.

Find the value for RDR that makes the above correct.

Ta-dah!

Once again, I was kidding pud, hence the ":v"... but if you insist. You'd actually be short by 1.5, but that's not much anyway. What I wonder is have you caculated the elevation shifting in RDR, because if I recall correctly they included that in their GTA V measurements.

Also, Those caculations aren't exactly solid. RDR's map size could be 10sqm and those statements could still be true.

One way or another I look foward to finding out whether or not you're correct.

Also, Those caculations aren't exactly solid. RDR's map size could be 10sqm and those statements could still be true.

Show me that math.

You're goddamn right I'm correct. ;)

At 1 inch = 1/4 mile scale:

sNBvmP6.jpg

Show me that math.

You're goddamn right I'm correct. ;)

At 1 inch = 1/4 mile scale:

sNBvmP6.jpg

RDR(10sqm) x 5 = 50sqm

RDR (10sqm) + SA (14sqm) + GTAIV (6sqm) = 30sqm

GTAV's map would be 5x the size of RDR and still bigger than RDR, SA, and IV combined :lol:

What's your estimated size of the city? It's probably written somewhere in these 96 pages.

I really really hope it isn't but do you think that because of the map size the game will be on two discs

Or multiple discs

U sure? cuz I keep hearing that its gonna be on multiple discs cus the Xbox can't handle the entire map

U sure? cuz I keep hearing that its gonna be on multiple discs cus the Xbox can't handle the entire map

So what? You have 5 stars, cops are shooting at you and you are speeding a long a highway at 200kmph. And suddenly you hit an invisible wall and a message appears 'please insert disk 2'?

Fuck no!

I apologize oh great overlord my unsureness got the better of my I shall never question you again oh great FACT. My impudence will not go unpunished

No. No it wont. I'll be in the bathroom.

So what? You have 5 stars, cops are shooting at you and you are speeding a long a highway at 200kmph. And suddenly you hit an invisible wall and a message appears 'please insert disk 2'?

Fuck no!

They had something similar in vice city.

Fact said "No. No it wont. I'll be in the bathroom."

Ok I'm coming just let me get the handcuffs and the matches

I didn't really think of how it would work but I was worried cuz some "professionals" on YouTube said it would definitely be on two discs for Xbox but I'm glad to hear its not

I believe that in the GTA5 issue of GameInformer they said Los Santos was roughly the size of Liberty

What's your estimated size of the city? It's probably written somewhere in these 96 pages.

I get this...

NhNnm9G.jpg

Do you have a numerical value? I'm guessing around 6 square miles or something similar to that.