Not trying to be rude Dup, but it's about the mapping which is the geography of the map, that includes the size. It's hard to talk about the layout without talking about the size of a particular places on the map.

• Like 1

How can layout be discussed without discussing the effects of perspective on what we're looking at? It's only natural for size to come into play.

• Like 1

How can layout be discussed without discussing the effects of perspective on what we're looking at? It's only natural for size to come into play.

That's what she- Oh never mind.

I do agree however that LS does look a bit small considering the portion of the map that's been shown does seem to reveal at least two thirds of the city, and from the scale of the roads... does anyone have a pic of the map scaled next to a portion of GTA IV's map?

Been working the roads into my map for the last few days. Then they go and release that map section, so i had to rework some of the city roads. Here's how it's looking:

dsCeyVO.jpg

A lot of the Map seems kind of pointless to me.

What I mean by this is that you have the Highway traveling along the edge of the coast but there is no urbanisation represented in the North, West and North-West potions of the map. I thought that there might be some more towns up that way...

...or something to justify a massive Highway being built up there.

Been working the roads into my map for the last few days. Then they go and release that map section, so i had to rework some of the city roads. Here's how it's looking:

dsCeyVO.jpg

A lot of the Map seems kind of pointless to me.

What I mean by this is that you have the Highway traveling around the coast but there is no urbanisation represented in the North, West and North-West potions of the map. I thought that there might be some more towns up that way... ...or something to justify a massive Highway being built up there.

He's not finished, Blacksox.

Alright, do you know when he'll be finished?

Because GTA V's right around the corner, and it looks like Dup has no idea where the additional towns ( if there even are any ) will be located...

Edit: Also the Train Tracks seems to do a massive pointless loop, going out into the middle of nowhere then return to Los Santos. So where is Los Santos sending it's freight trains? At least in San Andreas it made a bit more sense ( with multiple Cities ).

Nobody does. There's no evidence of any besides Trevor's.

That's exactly my point. No one knows exactly how the entirety of the map will look.

Even much of Dup's map is based on Speculation.

Rockstar will be releasing the Map soon anyway, so a lot of this speculation is pointless and ultimately futile...

Alright, do you know when he'll be finished?

Because GTA V's right around the corner, and it looks like Dup has no idea where the additional towns ( if there even are any ) will be located...

Edit: Also the Train Tracks seems to do a massive pointless loop, going out into the middle of nowhere then returning to Los Santos. So where is Los Santos sending it's freight trains? At least in San Andreas it made a bit more sense ( with multiple Cities ).

Well then you do one smartass, if you arn't happy with his map nor like his map, then please make one and share it on here so we can all see it. You act like Dup's mock is the official damn map.

and he'll be finished when he's finished.

• Like 1

Well then you do one smartass, if you arn't happy with his map nor like his map, then please make one and share it on here so we can all see it. You act like Dup's mock is the official damn map.

Read my last post.

It would be a waste of time to start making one now ( Plus I don't have the skill that Dup has anyway ), and Rockstar will probably be releasing the Map soon.

Read my last post.

It would be a waste of time to start making one now ( Plus I don't have the skill that Dup has anyway ), with Rockstar probably releasing the Map soon.

I did read you're last post, it made no sense. It's still 4 months til release, and their are no guarantees that Rockstar will release a full map, I don't remember them doing it for any of the other GTA's

Well, San Andreas' official site had the three areas of the map released over three consecutive weeks... or was it months. I remember when the Las Venturas area leaked on the site early. That was an exciting time, because we had seen something we weren't meant to see.

GTA 4 map was leaked, but I do not think they ever officially released at GTA map early. I have been told that they released the RDR map before it was released, but I don't know because I didn't follow RDRs development.

I think it is hard to really judge size and scale from these images and from the map. I think there are two things that make a game "big": first there is the actual map size, and then there is the environment and how big they make the game feel. ES: Morrowind is an example, that game actually had a pretty small map, but it felt huge because of how Bethesda designed it. RDR is another example of a game that felt a lot bigger then it was.

my point is that we will not really know how big the map feels until we play.

@Viceman: but I think that was only the city's, right?

Edited by calimann83

I did read you're last post, it made no sense. It's still 4 months til release, and their are no guarantees that Rockstar will release a full map, I don't remember them doing it for any of the other GTA's

Even if the Map isn't released early by Rockstar ( or leaked ), GTA V's release date is only 4 months away.

Plus Dups map makes me cry every time I look at it. It can't be that barren, sparse and desolate. It was promised that GTA V's game world would be the best GTA game world yet...

It's not, BlackSox. *offers tissue* There's plenty we haven't seen, and ergo, is not on DuP's map. There, there.

*Takes tissue*, thanks Gunny.

But in all seriousness GTA V's game world will be great, I am sure.

It just won't look like Dupz Map...

• Like 1

Even if the Maps isn't released early by Rockstar ( or leaked ), GTA V's release date is only 4 months away.

Plus Dups map makes me cry every time I look at it. It can't be that barren, sparse and desolate. It was promised that GTA V's game world would be the best GTA game world yet...

You must be able to understand that the map Dup made is a representation based on what we know so far, of course it's going to be missing a few things, and as has been said repeatedly he hasn't finished it. Can't you just accept it for what it is? It's not as if Dup has insider knowledge on the exact topography of the map and placement of the towns, he's just speculating, and sometimes speculation can be fun... it passes the time.

You must be able to understand that the map Dup made is a representation based on what we know so far, of course it's going to be missing a few things, and as has been said repeatedly he hasn't finished it. Can't you just accept it for what it is? It's not as if Dup has insider knowledge on the exact topography of the map and placement of the towns, he's just speculating, and sometimes speculation can be fun... it passes the time.

Yeah sure, I can understand that.

I just hope that there are more towns in the final game.

Now I really dont know what to think of about the city size, some screens seem to tell us it is big, some not and now the map which actually have few streets, the only hope is that it only shows the main streets and there are many more.

I was going by the scale of the streets more than anything. If we do what I said... "does anyone have a pic of the map scaled next to a portion of GTA IV's map?" Blahblahmumblemumble...

• Like 1

im sure that is what it is there just showing the main roads and not a detailed version of the map with all the small roads and crevices it be tween.

vhdzs8.jpg

20fp91j.jpg

Oh, somebody already dun did it. Looking at the airport runways i'd say that seems roughly accurate. For the GTA IV one anyway which is the one that matters to me.

So maybe it is slightly bigger than I expected.

• Like 1