I think I did pretty well with my approximation. I didn't do a lot of scaling so that could be off quite a bit. I concentrated on road mapping more than anything. What they gave us is great (some surprises in how the highways connect) but I'd still like to see the rest of it. :P

• Like 2

Well however big the entire map is, the city itself is alot smaller than I thought. I had the map size from L.A. Noire in mind for LS.

For GTA V's map to fit GTA IV, San Andreas and Read Dead's maps, the countryside must be fucking huge, must take up more than 3/4 of the map.

The SA+RDR+IV part is not about land mass but about playable area. ie. Mountains, water and inside buildings. Dupzor's superimposed map shows a city to country ratio of about 2:7.

Does anyone else find it strange that they released such a detailed map of the city this soon? I was expecting at most an outline of the city when they launch the official website.

Well however big the entire map is, the city itself is alot smaller than I thought. I had the map size from L.A. Noire in mind for LS.

For GTA V's map to fit GTA IV, San Andreas and Read Dead's maps, the countryside must be fucking huge, must take up more than 3/4 of the map.

Did you really think downtown LS was gonna be the same size as L.A. Noire????

I don't know why but this picture made Los Santos look small

But this one made it look huge I can definitely see that it's bigger than Liberty City

post-16689-0-53811100-1369358827.jpg

post-16689-0-46409500-1369358915_thumb.j

But this one made it look huge I can definitely see that it's bigger than Liberty City

I think that you're forgetting just how big Liberty City was ~

Liberty_City_(IV)_(1).png

I still don't see how anyone can see the map as "small". I've said before that LA Noire's map was almost too big for my liking, and it's small compared to RDR! I'm pretty confident that by the time GTA VI is released, I still won't have been everywhere in Los Santos...

• Like 1

I still don't see how anyone can see the map as "small". I've said before that LA Noire's map was almost too big for my liking, and it's small compared to RDR! I'm pretty confident that by the time GTA VI is released, I still won't have been everywhere in Los Santos...

LA Noire's map was too big because there was nothing to do in it.

And each new Case or Clue usually meant a long boring drive to a location on the other side of Town.

Aside from all this, LA Noire was still a great and ambitious game.

I think that you're forgetting just how big GTA lV was ~

Don't you remember GameInformer said it was bigger than Liberty City, and I'm saying I can now see how that's true when I couldn't before

Aw shit. honky dun brought it.

Potato, I agree with you. I can't quite see how this miniature map reveal can be interpreted as small.

Looks small.

The map or your penis? (hur hur hur)

I put the map next to my penis... Ok, actually i was having sex with the screenshot... Um, i cant remember...

Don't you remember GameInformer said it was bigger than Liberty City, and I'm saying I can now see how that's true when I couldn't before

I think they were talking about all of GTA V's Game world ( including the countryside/underwater areas ), and not just the City.

b0s8Rp7.jpg

Also who wrote the words on the Map? A 4 year old?

And Pleasure Pier either looks like an Ice Cream Cone or a Deformed Cock & Balls.

We'll find out the size of the map on September 17, so all of this procrastination is kind of pointless and slightly boring. I've had enough for a while, see ya........

• Like 1

Cock. You edited your post.

I think that you're forgetting just how big GTA lV was ~

That shot makes gta 5 look next gen.

Don't know if it's been pointed out.

b0s8Rp7.jpg

Also under above the canals is what appears to be a racetrack.

That's not Vespucci Canals. That's the river with the flood channel. Vespucci Canals are near the beach, right of the pier.

• Like 4