Guys, why do you think the three rivers will reach out to the surrounding ocean?

We seen waterfalls heading back into the center of the map, and unless the ocean is higher than the center of the map (highly unrealistic, and would look strange), water would have to flow upwards somewhere, unless the ocean is gonna be tilted...

I'm never going to be able finish the map before R* release it themselves, so I've decided to go down the fan art route and fill In the gaps, and just see how close (or not) I was afterward.

*Fitty

...Cursed Shift key...

You're making my stomach turn.

Oh, I'm sorry. I won't congratulate anyone on making good observations. :rolleyes:

You make my stomach turn whenever you decide to be cute and come up with a new childish/arrogant name every month. You don't hear me bitching, do you?

You're bitching right now. Also, that's not even possible because there's a 90 day waiting period between name changes.

No one said you can't congratulate ppl. Just don't be such an ass kisser is all I'm saying.

Sorry, Q. I don't respond well to being unduly attacked.

Attacked? Jesus Christ did you not just get finished telling Floppy about how we tease. Put our balls back in your sack, honky.

Fitty does good work, and he will always do great work. Get use to it. ;)

Guys, why do you think the three rivers will reach out to the surrounding ocean?

We seen waterfalls heading back into the center of the map, and unless the ocean is higher than the center of the map (highly unrealistic, and would look strange), water would have to flow upwards somewhere, unless the ocean is gonna be tilted...

The only waterfall I'm aware of flows out of the Alamo Sea.

The Alamo sea is based on the Salton sea, which is a man made anomaly that never dried up. That's telling me the water seeps into it rather than out from it. I'm sure inward facing waterfalls could be possible in this case...

Nevermind...

@Fitty That doesn't look like the same billboard to me.

I don't know, it looks the same to me.

I had a minor brain fart. For some reason I looked right when he said left. Carry on, Fitty.

The Alamo sea is based on the Salton sea, which is a man made anomaly that never dried up. That's telling me the water seeps into it rather than out from it. I'm sure inward facing waterfalls could be possible in this case...

Interesting side fact. The basin surrounding the current lake was actually natural lake for millions of years. The Colorado River would periodically shift and fill the entire basin making a giant lake. Eventually people screwed with the Colorado stopping it from shifting and leaving the basin only partly filled. this means that the Salton Sea is only partly man made. Now it only has water coming in from runoff from farm land (which includes all kinds of toxins) and it has no real outflow to speak of. the result is a very salty and somewhat toxic lake.

What does this have to do with the game? Based on everything I have seen the Alamo Sea has almost nothing in common with its real life counterpart. I do not think we can use the Salton Sea as measure to judge how the Alamo Sea will be.

Edited by calimann83
  • Like 1

not unrealistic at all I might say.

there's plenty of areas that are well below sealevel, yet not underwater. e.g. badwater basin (death valley) which is the lowest point in north america, almost 300ft below 0 (the lowest land area is almost 1400ft below sealevel, in israel)...

First post apart from introduction!

I dont suppose people know when gta iv map was revealed, I remember that it was seen on a police boat first, or did I make that up ?

Great job working the map out btw, got some talented/dedicated folk here!

More progress on my fan-made map:

rNqPT1A.jpg

This is brilliant, no denying that, but one thing. I think the Vineyards are in the wrong place, as when you watch Trevor's trailer, and he is in the Biplane, shown in my picture below, he is flying over a river, and there are vineyards on his right, where on your map, there is no river nearby.

lKXSnSx.png

• Like 1

I dont suppose people know when gta iv map was revealed, I remember that it was seen on a police boat first, or did I make that up ?

If I remember correctly it was when rockstar put it up in their website and it was interactive, I hope they do the same for V

More progress on my fan-made map:

rNqPT1A.jpg

This is brilliant, no denying that, but one thing. I think the Vineyards are in the wrong place, as when you watch Trevor's trailer, and he is in the Biplane, shown in my picture below, he is flying over a river, and there are vineyards on his right, where on your map, there is no river nearby.

lKXSnSx.png

Good spot. I must have moved that by mistake. I had It up a few clicks. The vineyards seem to wrap around that north western part of that mountain edge though.

If I remember correctly it was when rockstar put it up in their website and it was interactive, I hope they do the same for V

I wrote about this a while back but your both right, sort of...

it was just like the new kid says, the map was first spotted in on of the trailers in a scene with police boats... intentional or not, it was clearly visible (as far as the camera angle and the model/texture of this navigation/gps-monitor allows for it, but clear enough to be identified)

but shortly thereafter, couple days or so, R* offically released this interactive something that so clearly resembled the map seen in the trailer, that all doubts about whether the thing in the trailer is the map or not, turned silent.

still looking for something like this in screenshots or trailers of V but yet no luck and I doubt it'll happen again, but you never know...

here we go, first bit of the map leaked...

or shall I say bits? on my fb feed, there's a different piece of the map shown:

snippet.jpg

and combined, it's something like this:

pzzl.jpg

not much, but still more than we ever had :D

• Like 1

Yeah and it means that i was right again, they revealed the map exactly when i say they would do it.

Now i hope, they've just gonna reveal it properly because two pieces of the map is really not beautiful to watch i think the entire map would be reveal today or tomorow or next week. Wait AND SEE.

• Like 1