To me Los Santos should be bigger, because in real life it is simply as that and the game is about to be bigger in general so why not Los Santos and how can you be sure...

NYC isn't the biggest city as a lot of people think it is. So i hope to see a bigger city this time so we can have fun in MP.

To me Los Santos should be bigger, because in real life it is simply as that and the game is about to be bigger in general so why not Los Santos and how can you be sure...

NYC isn't the biggest city as a lot of people think it is. So i hope to see a bigger city this time so we can have fun in MP.

Firstly, it's pretty obvious Los Santos can't be bigger than the real life Los Angeles. Why? Because that's fucking huge, and can't be done atm unless they use shitty copy-pasted buildings, which would suck.

Secondly, NYC isn't the biggest but it's a lot denser than LA. And have you ever heard of Shang Hai? It has like 5x more people in it than LA.

Minor tangent based on Marcus' point; I hope population densities more accurately reflect what they are in cities versus country areas than they did in IV.

Sorry marcus you miss understood me on that one...

I was talking about LA and NYC, so Los Santos should be bigger than Liberty city. And dense means not bigger so LA is still bigger in area size.

Finally, my computer was able to hit "Ignore BlackSox9's Signature" before it completely fuckin' demolished itself. Thank God.

HAHAHA! Your computer sounds pretty weak. Are you on a laptop?

Your sig sucks for my phone, especially when I'm not in a wifi zone... lol

The LS area looks to be slightly smaller than LC, but the city is more dense in the centre and has no water between, unlike LC. LS will seem a lot bigger when at street level. We've either only seen it from bird eye level or very close ground level. We wont be able to appreciate the size until we get to explore it for ourselves.

Sorry marcus you miss understood me on that one...

I was talking about LA and NYC, so Los Santos should be bigger than Liberty city.

That was pretty much hinted when they said the land-map is 3.5x bigger than RDR. Unless they wanted to make a tiny city, the size of the city would scale with that.

I finally decided to have a go at a map, now that everyone else has done all the hard work of finding all the spots in the pics. I've made mine based on what i see in the images, and the other maps so far...

This is still a work in progress, so feel free to comment on something i could change.

hdWO9MW.jpg

Fitty you got a more complete version of your roaded map? I wanna see if it fits with mine.

• Like 4

I finally decided to have a go at a map, now that everyone else has done all the hard work of finding all the spots in the pics. I've made mine based on what i see in the images, and the other maps so far...

This is still a work in progress, so feel free to comment on something i could change.

hdWO9MW.jpg

Fitty you got a more complete version of your roaded map? I wanna see if it fits with mine.

im thinking the Alamo sea will be slightly closer to L.S

Didn't update a whole lot since the 3 trailers but this is what it looks like right meow:

post-3-0-71623700-1368937408_thumb.png

I think I'm going to rotate the two west rivers counterclockwise a little. I think Franklin's green star has to get moved west a little too.

edit: and I ended up updating it some more... updated pic above.

Edited by TreeFitty
updated s'more again later in the night

Wow guys you are doing an amazing job, can't wait to see when the real map would be reveal to see how close you were.

I've been looking at this flat-top mountain and keep thinking there'll be a small settlement up there. Maybe it's wishfull thinking, but it could be as small as a camp sight, or even a very small tourist village! Don't get your hopes up though.

9NC5wJc.jpg

eYdZWne.jpg

• Like 2

Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if you’re wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City. for banana pudding...

They didn't say exactly which areas they included in IV. Is it just the land area? Is it the entire area contained in a box around the islands? Is it the land and water between the islands, but not the water outside of the islands like this -

M1Ul4ZP.jpg

We don't know, so that quote doesn't help much.

i still think downtown LS will be the size of GTAIV (not sure about the wasted water space you pointed out), and the countryside will be the size of 2 red deads, which will include other smaller towns similar to GTA san an... and the other 2x will come from vertical mountains and the depths of the ocean... that's my guess anyways...

Just connecting a few things...

Franklin and Lamar are in the same exact spot (easy relation):

trailer-3f-oh-my-bad.jpgtrailer-3f-thought-we-were-trying-to-get-out.jpg

In the left pic above there is a billboard (at Lamar's forehead) that can also be seen on the far left of this pic from trailer 2:

post-3-0-85323700-1368936471_thumb.png

A second later in the trailer we can see the furthest apartment building above the cop car which has a very good similarity to the one in the background of some shots from Franklin's trailer:

post-3-0-55006600-1368936488.png

The difficulty is trying to match the buildings on the left from the 3rd pic (car chase) to the other buildings behind Franklin in the pic above. Of course it is possible that there are more apartment buildings (and billboards) that look almost exactly alike.

In this pic there is a railroad crossing behind Franklin on the right which would seem out-of-place to me if the others are correctly matched:

trailer-3f-thought-we-were-trying-to-get-out.jpg

*Fitty

...Cursed Shift key...

You're making my stomach turn.

Oh, I'm sorry. I won't congratulate anyone on making good observations. :rolleyes:

You make my stomach turn whenever you decide to be cute and come up with a new childish/arrogant name every month. You don't hear me bitching, do you?

Treefitty, a lot of apartment buildings take up a block... 3 or 4 apartment buildings inside of a square, with four roads surrounding them... The buildings would be similar, but the roads, and possible rail lines would be different,

Also @ gunny. -_-

Billboards looks the same but the surroundings don't quite match....I'm sure they are similar billboards at two different places just like the 'apt for sale' signs.Nevertheless great effort matching the billboards though.