Why not? Gangs made things intresting and being chased by them too.... and forgot to mention drivebys lol...

Why not? I just think this game should be GTA V, not San Andreas 2.

True, but if GTA V is going for a realistic LA feel, there will be gangs. Predominantly latino gangs.

Guest Marney1

Why not? Gangs made things intresting and being chased by them too.... and forgot to mention drivebys lol...

Why not? I just think this game should be GTA V, not San Andreas 2.

True, but if GTA V is going for a realistic LA feel, there will be gangs. Predominantly latino gangs.

It's possible to go through life in L.A. without ever crossing paths with the resident gang factions, hopefully the gangs of L.A. will be irrelevant in this story and just left to their own devices.

Gangs are a big part of Grand Theft Auto. I think IV is first time (in the 3D age at least) we didn't really get involved with a gang and stayed more with mafia-type people. But that's more realistic of the areas. There's more of neighborhood-type gangs in NYC and LA is known for the major gang issues. So it made sense in IV and having some involvement with a gang in V would make sense.

Guest Marney1

Gangs are a big part of Grand Theft Auto. I think IV is first time (in the 3D age at least) we didn't really get involved with a gang and stayed more with mafia-type people. But that's more realistic of the areas. There's more of neighborhood-type gangs in NYC and LA is known for the major gang issues. So it made sense in IV and having some involvement with a gang in V would make sense.

I'm not doubting that gangs will play a role somehow but I'm hoping for it to be more of an organised crime game. The street gangs to me seem like wannabe big boys who'll never make it out of the hood. I want to be able to look down my nose at these so called gangsta's and pity dem fools.

I got bigger deals to be getting on with like planning heists.

• Like 1

I'm not doubting that gangs will play a role somehow but I'm hoping for it to be more of an organised crime game. The street gangs to me seem like wannabe big boys who'll never make it out of the hood. I want to be able to look down my nose at these so called gangsta's and pity dem fools.

I got bigger deals to be getting on with like planning heists.

We just had that organized crime theme in IV. I liked it as well, and I'm sure it will be in V as well. But I also think there will be some "gang bangin'" missions, because this is LA. But it all depends on the protagonist. If he is Ned Luke, he will most likely not be walking through ganton with an uzi in his hand with tattoos and cornrows.

And yeah you can go through LA without encountering gangs, but definitely not east LA.

I would prefere something more like oceans eleven. Or even like vice city when we had Hilary as the driver and lance and everyone, that was cool.

Guest Marney1

I would prefere something more like oceans eleven. Or even like vice city when we had Hilary as the driver and lance and everyone, that was cool.

That's kind of what I was getting at, Oceans Eleven style heists but where you have the freedom to go about it your own way. Trial and error would make the Grand Theft Auto V story mode so much more replayable. Hate being rail-roaded.

Yeah maybe an organized crime gang not just a street gang.

I wanna pull off heists with destructable environments

that wood b sick

i agree!!!!! and there is organized crime im street gang forms, just like in italy... the Mafia in italy isnt "Old guys in suits that talk with a northern accent" the mafia in italy is more like a street gang divided into many "clans" like the Camorra or N'dreghta, they have 50.000 solider divide up into 100+ clans and they all fight... they are street gangs, but just in an Organized Crime way, that would be cool in GTA V

I think that Gang's should make a return.

But having the Mafia involved would be sick!(:

Yeh having mafia would be insane, although, as much as I want gangs, thugs, etc. I don't want the game to be ruined by too much, I want the story to be changed and not to be a exact copy of San An.

• Like 1

I think that Gang's should make a return.

But having the Mafia involved would be sick!(:

Yeh having mafia would be insane, although, as much as I want gangs, thugs, etc. I don't want the game to be ruined by too much, I want the story to be changed and not to be a exact copy of San An.

Gangs can be involved without it being like SA.

If they re-used the gangs from San Andreas (unlikely), then, realistically, the Vagos and Aztecas would dominate the ghetto, with Grove Street and the Ballas barely hanging onto any of their turf, as is the case with the modern LA gang scene, where the Hispanic gangs are now in control of most of the ghetto.

Personally, I would like to see the SA gangs re-used (without referencing the events of San Andreas or any of the game's characters), and it wouldn't really violate the policy of III-era being separated from IV-era, because those gangs are more like a brand (like Cluckin' Bell, Victim, and other re-used brands from the old games) than a 'character', though I don't think it will happen.

If they re-used the gangs from San Andreas (unlikely), then, realistically, the Vagos and Aztecas would dominate the ghetto, with Grove Street and the Ballas barely hanging onto any of their turf, as is the case with the modern LA gang scene, where the Hispanic gangs are now in control of most of the ghetto.

Personally, I would like to see the SA gangs re-used (without referencing the events of San Andreas or any of the game's characters), and it wouldn't really violate the policy of III-era being separated from IV-era, because those gangs are more like a brand (like Cluckin' Bell, Victim, and other re-used brands from the old games) than a 'character', though I don't think it will happen.

Yeah I agree on that part, there could be GSF, Ballas, Varios Los Aztecas etc... but without any reference to past games at all, except for some easter eggs which would be pretty cool.

I would also like to see some new gangs because as you also mentioned, the Hispanic gangs are growing and the black gangs are slowly getting smaller. Maybe like one "boss" Hispanic gang (La Eme) in control of the scene and then some other smaller gang affiliations (Surenos,MS13 etc...) or something like that.

Yeah I agree on that part, there could be GSF, Ballas, Varios Los Aztecas etc... but without any reference to past games at all, except for some easter eggs which would be pretty cool.

I would also like to see some new gangs because as you also mentioned, the Hispanic gangs are growing and the black gangs are slowly getting smaller. Maybe like one "boss" Hispanic gang (La Eme) in control of the scene and then some other smaller gang affiliations (Surenos,MS13 etc...) or something like that.

Give them R* style names too. MS13 can be BJ69

If they do that, I've found my new screen name.

Give them R* style names too. MS13 can be BJ69

If they do that, I've found my new screen name.

If they want it to seem real I doubt they will make it as obvious as BJ69, but I know what you mean. they should make it more unsuspicious, like how Ballas could mean Ball-less, or ballers, or whatever. Something Spanish too, to make it more realistic and it could still include humor.

i would like: when there are gangs, you could choose a car and them customise it like you want it. then when you choose accept or something, youre gang drives around in that kinda car.

that would be awesome.

sorry for my bad inglish, i come from holland :ike::scooter:

Your english is good, exept you put inglish. I must admit i do kinda like that idea, like when gangs go around in there own cars it would be one you have customized.

Your english is good, exept you put inglish. I must admit i do kinda like that idea, like when gangs go around in there own cars it would be one you have customized.

Yeah that would be awesome, kind of like in Saint's Row 3, but better. Maybe if you could choose like 1 or 2 vehicles you want your gang to ride around in, customize them and those would be the default cars your homies ride in. I like that idea.

Yeah that would be awesome, kind of like in Saint's Row 3, but better. Maybe if you could choose like 1 or 2 vehicles you want your gang to ride around in, customize them and those would be the default cars your homies ride in. I like that idea.

Yeah I remember being annoyed in SA when I had however many millions of dollars but I couldn't give my gang members automatic rifles or cars other than the greenwood

Im sure that the story will be told in many diff point of views if the map is as big as there potraying there should be atleast 4 point of views being that im pretty sure there will be a Hood story to be told as big and detailed this videogame will be their gonna want the gamer to be able to take advantage of every aspect of life in Losantos!

Even if the main character is not affiliated with any street gangs, I believe there will possibly be a DLC focusing on the gang scene where you play as another character, kind of like TBoGT or TLAD. I hope they include that; would be nice sparking memories from SA.

I don't want gangs.

I agree, but I'm sure they'll have gangs, I just hope its nothing like in SA, thats what I hated about playing that game. I felt like a low life worthless peice of s**t while playing it. Not saying V.C or IV werent, just the mafia style is more appealing. I know I can be bias at times. :ike:

I don't want gangs.

I agree, but I'm sure they'll have gangs, I just hope its nothing like in SA, thats what I hated about playing that game. I felt like a low life worthless peice of s**t while playing it. Not saying V.C or IV werent, just the mafia style is more appealing. I know I can be bias at times. :ike:

Obviously not every game is going to have the same, organized crime feel, or street crime feel or the game would just get too predictable.