only actions I see are that they are making the cities look more like their real life counterparts, Liberty City looks more like New York, Los Santos looks more like L.A, I personally think R* have been clever because they always have that ace up there sleeve where they can ruffle up a frenzy jus look at this Tommy Vercetti thing going on right now.... it isnt him but its certainly causing some hype. I do see your point and agree with u in most respects but im just saying its a bold thing to say..... where's Marney with the shit wall when you need him :D jk

Okay, GTA III Era characters are "gone". Which is a shame, it would be cool to hear Madd Dogg on the radio and pedestrian talk about the old characters, but as mentioned roughly 9 or 10 times above, GSF is gone.

Business and Empire building/destroying seems to be a central theme, and i can see some top Mafia gangs like; the Russians, the Italians, Chinese and other organised crimes playing a big role in the narrative.

Business and Empire building/destroying seems to be a central theme, and i can see some top Mafia gangs like; the Russians, the Italians, Chinese and other organised crimes playing a big role in the narrative.

I hope you are right, I felt before the trailer had a bit of a goodfellas feel to it

O no....the gang wars were hell, I mean your just going to a mission and bam! Gang war, go take a girl on date and gang war. Running away from police and there is bound to be a gang war somewhere. I like driving around without being shot at, it was bad enough in parts of VC but san andreas was just off with it. It's like on GTA 4 when Roman would wanna play pool or something, u just can't be bothered, and endless phone calls later and u still haven't gone bowling with him. O no I really hope they leave gangs out coz thats what killed san andreas for me.

I hope it is a little like goodfella's loved that film, rags to riches and then for it to all fall apart ahhhh gotta love the gangster films.

Like the god father, become the don of the city. I would enjoy that. I wonder if houses will be customizable now, kinda like the sims lol

I don't think any of the gangs from GTA 3 were in GTA 4. So I doubt any of the gangs from SA will be there either, but Ballas and Grove Street were so critical to the city of Los Santos that I could see them returning, albeit in very different forms. They're going to have to include the whole Blood/Crip thing into Los Santos, no doubt about it, why not just continue with Grove and Ballas.

This is totally off topic but what do the green and red boxes mean under ur avatar? And why does mine say warn status?

This is SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! This is LOS SANTOS AKA LOS ANGELES! There WILL be black gangs, Latino gangs, Asian gangs, and even some Italian and maybe Russian gangs....Los Angeles in its present day is FULL of Latino gangs and Black gangs....if the game is about the pursuit of the All Mighty Dollar, well guess who wakes up everyday and is on a Paper Chase, and reside in Southern California? GANG MEMBERS! Trust me, there WILL be a good size focus on the gangs in GTA V. Because if there isn't, then the game will be avoiding a HUGE part of the whole money business...

They're going to have to include the whole Blood/Crip thing into Los Santos, no doubt about it, why not just continue with Grove and Ballas.

Yeah, I agree. As everyone is mentioning, I'm sure there will be business like gangs such as the mafia and the Triads, but I am talking about STREET gangs. I can see new Latino gangs emerging, maybe the SF Rifa uniting with the Vagos after a long battle and creating a parody of The Surenos and La Eme. I definitely think there will be gangs, Hispanic and Afro-American, but if we play a 40-50 year old caucasian male I highly doubt being in one, which is a shame. But then again San Andreas was the "gang culture" game, but I wish the recreated it on the next gen consoles.

I just noticed something from an analysis video, as the black guy is running from the cops and helicopter you can see a pair of shoes tossed over the cables to the top right.

If you don't know what that means, it's a sign of respect for a dead street gang member, maybe hinting the significance of them? It's not much, but it's something!

I just noticed something from an analysis video, as the black guy is running from the cops and helicopter you can see a pair of shoes tossed over the cables to the top right.

If you don't know what that means, it's a sign of respect for a dead street gang member, maybe hinting the significance of them? It's not much, but it's something!

Round here it means somebody's missing a pair of shoes.

I suppose culture varies from Essex to Los Angeles.

I dunno...that's what it means here, too, and I'm only an hour from LA.

Okay let me rephrase that:

"The prevailing notion that tennis shoes dangling from power lines mark the location of houses where drugs can be purchased. Or that they mark gang territories. Or that they mark the spot where gang members have been killed."

That sounds like a reference to street gangs.

Original Source

Honestly, from my experience (not saying you're wrong, just my experience), all it means is someone snatched up someone else's shoes and to be a dick, threw them up on some power lines. I've done it before and there were no purchasable drugs that I knew of nearby, nore was it a gang territory that I knew of and I certainly don't remember anyone being killed there.

Numerous friends and acquaintances have done the same, some from LA, and it just means they're assholes :unsure:

EDIT:

With the said, I do believe gang culture will be represented in the game (its LA, how can it not be?) and I believe those shoes on the line are probably in a neighborhood run by a street gang.

But that's just cuz of stereotyping.

Edited by Random Tsk

Okay let me rephrase that:

"The prevailing notion that tennis shoes dangling from power lines mark the location of houses where drugs can be purchased. Or that they mark gang territories. Or that they mark the spot where gang members have been killed."

That sounds like a reference to street gangs.

Original Source

Dudes do that to show that "this is their trap!"...or they're just being dicks with people

Okay to everyone is denying the possibility I suggested; Rockstar is always on to over-the-top stereotyping, and this is Los Angeles Santos, gang capital of the nation. So I have reason to believe Street gangs will be involved, somehow or another. Judging by the sound of the voice in the trailer I believe he will be more involved in organized crime like the Triads and the mafia though.

I hope they bring back an element of gangbanging within the game. As the game is set in the present, I don't believe it will be the main focus, as gang culture isn't so much as a social problem compared to the period of 1991-93.

God I hope the protag isn't an Italian-American mafiosi/former mafiosi. Unless it's set in prison, because that's where all the mobsters are right now. It's a glorified street gang these days. And they don't have a presence in L.A. anyway--OK, there are like 4 guys left in the L.A. crime family--but it's listed as inactive by the FBI.

It will pretty much have to involve Latino gangs of some sort. Perhaps some gangs modeled after La eMe and its satellite group the Sureños. Throw in some black gangs and maybe a couple Asian syndicates, and we've got ourselves some action.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say the protagonist is an Hispanic Iraq War veteran that was involved in the gang life as a teen. Who the fuck knows?

God I hope the protag isn't an Italian-American mafiosi/former mafiosi. Unless it's set in prison, because that's where all the mobsters are right now. It's a glorified street gang these days. And they don't have a presence in L.A. anyway--OK, there are like 4 guys left in the L.A. crime family--but it's listed as inactive by the FBI.

It will pretty much have to involve Latino gangs of some sort. Perhaps some gangs modeled after La eMe and its satellite group the Sureños. Throw in some black gangs and maybe a couple Asian syndicates, and we've got ourselves some action.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say the protagonist is an Hispanic Iraq War veteran that was involved in the gang life as a teen. Who the fuck knows?

Yeah, we've seen enough of that. There is plenty more organized crime to be explored such as the Asians and The Mexican Mafia. These would fit well for the West Coast, with the increase of hispanics. Maybe a parody of the Sureños would be Los Norteños or something.