If you watch the first trailer you can hear the voice of someone.

Its the voice of an young person

You have no idea what age the character is just by hearing his voice and if you ask me he sounds more old than he does young. First of all he talks about having kids so he cant be that young. He says he wanted to retire, so he wouldn't be in his twenties anyway. And probably the biggest point of all. We have no idea that the guy talking in the trailer is even the protagonist. Stop pulling facts out your ass.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we're most likely playing a middle-aged white guy. Again.

• Like 1

Need I remind anyone that the voice in the trailer is Ned Luke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hta-r5RPtRo

And I don't understand why everyone make him out to be so OLD. The guy in the trailer looks about 38-45 to me. Johnny Klebitz was 38 and Toni Cipriani was hardly a spring chicken either...

Well, if the guy in the trailer (Ned Luke's character) is the protagonist, it may place his age at around 54 (Ned's age).

Also, why are people still insisting of this CJ returning thing?! Since when do Rockstar bring back the same protagonists in GTA? And if they did bring him back, he would be around 44! (Presuming he was 23 in San Andreas) In fact, he would be older than Dwayne Forge!

"Yay, they brought back CJ. But they've made him all old..." :luis:

I know i'm probably guna get raped for asking but has R* definitely said the voice you hear in the trailer is the voice of the protagonist?

>_>

*Looks over shoulder*

I know i'm probably guna get raped for asking but has R* definitely said the voice you hear in the trailer is the voice of the protagonist?

>_>

*Looks over shoulder*

They haven't. And it might not be. Look at the first trailer for RDR...

>_>

*Looks over shoulder*

No they haven't.

>_>

*Looks over shoulder*

They haven't. And it might not be. Look at the first trailer for RDR...

Excellent point, there is no saying the voice has to be of the protagonist.

• Like 1

If you watch the first trailer you can hear the voice of someone.

Its the voice of an young person

You have no idea what age the character is just by hearing his voice and if you ask me he sounds more old than he does young. First of all he talks about having kids so he cant be that young. He says he wanted to retire, so he wouldn't be in his twenties anyway. And probably the biggest point of all. We have no idea that the guy talking in the trailer is even the protagonist. Stop pulling facts out your ass.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we're most likely playing a middle-aged white guy. Again.

I know of people who are 14 or 15 and have kid(s) ( yes multiple ), so they can be in their 20's and have kids. And maybe he's just retiring from a life of crime.

High class criminals and Drug Dealers can make alot of money in a short space of time, so I wouldn't be suprised if some are smart and just retire ( before they get killed or put in jail ). These are usually criminals that nobody has heard of ( because the only one's you usually hear about are the one's that get caught ).

And like the other's posted, who saids that the voice in the trailer is even the voice of the protaganist.

O.K. Kiddo. Do the following steps and you might start to understand where i'm coming from.

Step 1 ~ Go out and buy two T.V's ( same models ) and all the games you just mentioned ( ie Fallout 3/ New Vegas/ Elder Scrolls Games ). Buy them for either the PS3 or Xbox ( not PC ) and then buy a copy of GTA lV.

Step 2 ~ O.K now your ready to compare these open world titles against one another. Put GTA lV into the console of your choice, on the first TV.

Step 3 ~ Go and have a smoke, and reflect about the choices you have made in your life, and ask yourself am I happy?

Step 4 ~ Put the games you mentioned ( one after the other ) into the console hooked up to your second T.V.

Step 5 ~ Compare the graphics in each game, checking the character models and environments.

Step 6 ~ Slap yourself

Even the old GTA lV ( which came out in 2008 ), has better graphics than The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim ( which came out in 2011 ). So I would say there is definitely an impact on the graphics in the games you mentioned. Just take a look for yourself.

Also in the Bethesda/ Oblivian games you mentioned, after about a hundred hours in I usually experience severe lag and very long loading times. This is probably due to all the memory that has stacked up after time.

And these games also have a vast amount of glitches which never get patched ( they always make sure to patch the exploitable ones though ). These games like Skyrim are not coded for consoles ( especially the PS3 ) and would cater better to a PC's processing power and other enhancements ( Graphics Card/ More Hardrive Space ). And that makes me wonder are you a " PC Only " Gamer?

Because otherwise you would know the limitations cross-platform games have ( in relation to gameplay features and not just graphics ).

Although I love the games you mentioned, the engine(s) those games run on are very different to the one Rockstar is using for GTA V.

So this game with extreme character creation tools, aswell as perfect crystal clear nex-gen graphics, which you think CAN and WILL be made on current hardware ( even with it's limitations ) will almost definately not be made by Rockstar. At least not NOW or in the NEAR FUTURE ( they might re-design a completely new and revolutionary game engine for the nex-gen consoles but ).

I think you should lower your expectations until the next generation of consoles comes out. Because even as powerfull as PC's are they need to wait for cross-platform games ( like the GTA's ). And the improvements in hardware these new consoles will have will produce more options in terms of what developer's can create and any new features they can implement into cross-platform games ( like character creation tools without making sacrifices in other areas of the game ).

In a perfect world there would be none of these constraints. And then you could have all the eyebrows of any shape and size your little heart desires.

Talking to you is pointless because u call someone kid that yourself are. U are stubborn little brat. U must slap yourself several times then you will MAYBE be little smarter. Your knowledge about making games is to small to understand stuff. Slap this info in your head. Character customization is not in any way affecting performance! Performance can be affected by making objects with to much polygons and good graphic card is needed to handle lots of polygons. Very high res textures like 2024x2024 will need lots of GPU ram and normal RAM. Graphic effects like AA, high anisotropic filtering, shadows effects, ECT ECT That is causing performance loss on poor hardware but not character customization ! I got no time to argue with stubborn people and lose my time. Instead I want to use my free time for playing games. U go learn new stuff and stop being such a stubborn little brat.

Listen mate, the only reason I called you a kid was because that was what you reffered to me as.

And I'm actually 24 Years old today. Some may consider this is a kid, and I like to think I'm still pretty juvenile ( with alot to learn ).

But don't be talking about slapping, because you probably wouldn't even dare talk shit like that to me in real life. I'd break your jaw then stomp your little head into the ground. :D

Talking to you is pointless because u call someone kid that yourself are. U are stubborn little brat. U must slap yourself several times then you will MAYBE be little smarter. Your knowledge about making games is to small to understand stuff. Slap this info in your head. Character customization is not in any way affecting performance! Performance can be affected by making objects with to much polygons and good graphic card is needed to handle lots of polygons. Very high res textures like 2024x2024 will need lots of GPU ram and normal RAM. Graphic effects like AA, high anisotropic filtering, shadows effects, ECT ECT That is causing performance loss on poor hardware but not character customization ! I got no time to argue with stubborn people and lose my time. Instead I want to use my free time for playing games. U go learn new stuff and stop being such a stubborn little brat.

Listen mate, the only reason I called you a kid was because that was what you reffered to me as.

And I'm actually 24 Years old today. Some may consider this is a kid, and I like to think I'm still pretty juvenile ( with alot to learn ).

But don't be talking about slapping, because you probably woud'nt even dare talk shit like that to me in real life. I'd break your jaw then stomp your little head into the ground. :D

HAHAHA u made me laugh ! U threat me boy ? Im older than you but It is not important. What is that u picked wrong guy kid. In real life face to face I am not affraid to nobody ! If you would try to fight me then I assure you that the one who would be running it is you. U are not only annoying stubborn brat but also stupid. U talk full load of crap and if people not agree with you and counter your insults then u threat them that you will beat them LOL What a pitty u are. Knowing what you are I would be happy to kick your face little man. I am not some nerd behind keyboard and I suspect that you think that it is like that lol. I like games but It dont means if someone likes to play games then he must have no life. Well I got a life and I also play games and I am no afraid of nobody when im going outside so if punks like you want to fight then I have no problems to fight. Get lost boy and dont try to scare me because you fail BIG TIME !

Listen fuckhead you could be 7 foot and solid muscle, and I would still find a way to beat you to death. Even if I have to take you by surprise with a weapon. Unlike you I still feel fear, but that would not stop me from taking a beating. I've been in a tonne of fights and I know sometimes you have to take a beating.

You've probably never even been in a fight, let alone fought multiple people. A real fight is very different to acting hard behind a computer.

I hope we get some protagonist information in the gameinformer magazine, would be nice to finally know, to stop all the drastic and desperate speculations.

Think pretty much every one agrees on that.

where do you get that from? so many are convinced he is the protagonist and are fine with it.

i personally am sticking to the multiple protag idea. to me, its obvious from the trailer. we see the old guy driving the R8 so he must be playable.

• Like 1

So true. But for the record I really hope it isn't 'Ned Luke". Think pretty much every one agrees on that.

Yes really. I also hope that it isn't 'Ned Luke'.....

I really don't want to see him as protag.....

I don't want it to be Ned Luke either, I'm kinda sick of the middle-aged white guy protag. I'm sure whatever Rockstar do with the protagonist it will be original and interesting though.

There are high chances that we will get to know who the protag is. Finally the time has come when we'll know about the protag...

But don't be talking about slapping, because you probably woud'nt even dare talk shit like that to me in real life. I'd break your jaw then stomp your little head into the ground. :D

HAHAHA u made me laugh ! U threat me boy ? Im older than you but It is not important. What is that u picked wrong guy kid. In real life face to face I am not affraid to nobody ! If you would try to fight me then I assure you that the one who would be running it is you. U are not only annoying stubborn brat but also stupid. U talk full load of crap and if people not agree with you and counter your insults then u threat them that you will beat them LOL What a pitty u are. Knowing what you are I would be happy to kick your face little man. I am not some nerd behind keyboard and I suspect that you think that it is like that lol. I like games but It dont means if someone likes to play games then he must have no life. Well I got a life and I also play games and I am no afraid of nobody when im going outside so if punks like you want to fight then I have no problems to fight. Get lost boy and dont try to scare me because you fail BIG TIME !

whoa now. save the beef for gta v multiplayer, then you can both show how manly you are ;)

I really don't have a said idea of who the protagonist is. I feel that we may get 3 different characters. Most likely as DLC like tbogt and tlad. I didn't like that style. I hope we get just one protagonist. All the other people are like friends who you can play as. Maybe play as the black guy in the red car for causing reckless killing type missions. Being able to play as one or the other while together. Having the stats building for the playable secondary protagonist.

I mean it all sounds great but really only want 1protagonist. Who has henchmen/friends that are customizable(looks,equipment,armor). I don't want a gta5 to have the DLC style that gta4 had. 1disc, no alternate DLC characters, 1 big story,

1 protagonist. But meh! I can't wait to find out.

He needs to be badass.