I wish we could an answer to this question, and soon! The next trailer has got to reveal the protag surely? I can't see them keeping us guessing even after the next trailer. It will be torture.

Maybe the Ned Luke character is just a NPC. He may be telling 'his story' to the main protagonist. I would hate to have more than 1 protagonist. If DLC does come out, maybe the same as GTAIV, but I dont want them to create DLC at the expense of the main story of the game, like I think they did with IV.

I mean IV had less than 100 missions, and less than San Andreas. For me they should have about 150 missions related to the storyline.

in my own opinion judging from all the screenshots so far i think dat the protagonist may be the african ameriacan guy in the last four screenshots and the parachute screenshot so last five

African American is unlikely since they have already had that type of character. Most likely a latino american character will appear.

They've already had numerous white protagonists, why can't they have more of another race? Besides, they had Luis in GTA IV TBOGT

Guest Marney-1

Maybe the character who resembles Ned Luke is the antagonist, some kind of investigator brought out of retirement to catch the protag'?

Maybe the Ned Luke character is just a NPC. He may be telling 'his story' to the main protagonist. I would hate to have more than 1 protagonist. If DLC does come out, maybe the same as GTAIV, but I dont want them to create DLC at the expense of the main story of the game, like I think they did with IV.

I mean IV had less than 100 missions, and less than San Andreas. For me they should have about 150 missions related to the storyline.

in my own opinion judging from all the screenshots so far i think dat the protagonist may be the african ameriacan guy in the last four screenshots and the parachute screenshot so last five

African American is unlikely since they have already had that type of character. Most likely a latino american character will appear.

They've already had numerous white protagonists, why can't they have more of another race? Besides, they had Luis in GTA IV TBOGT

I don't really class the protagonists based on race, more with ethnicity I think. I mean Niko technically was 'white', but I always thought of him as Eastern European. People like Victor Vance and CJ, were black, so it's not as if there haven't been other ethnicities as protagonists.

A latino or Far Eastern person would be a nice change, but who knows. Even a Middle Eastern guy would be a nice change.

Maybe the character who resembles Ned Luke is the antagonist, some kind of investigator brought out of retirement to catch the protag'?

Possibly, he could be like Office Tennpenny (loved that guy lol).

Guest Marney-1

Possibly, he could be like Office Tennpenny (loved that guy lol).

Officer Tenpenny is the complete opposite of what I was thinking tbh, I was thinking more of an incorruptible detective.

if there is two protagonists, the customization would just be useless. making a character awesome and then not being able to play the character anymore... pure garbage. the only reason that there would be more than one person being repeatedly shown, would either be a high customization level or they are both just highly essential to the story and are not playable.

am i missing something? why does everyone think that having multiple protagonists, you wont be able to play as the one you want or would fuck up customization?

GTA IV had 3 protagonists, 2 were from DLCs which kind of fucked up the story continuity. thats why i think there will be multiple protags already in the main game.

am i missing something? why does everyone think that having multiple protagonists, you wont be able to play as the one you want or would fuck up customization?

GTA IV had 3 protagonists, 2 were from DLCs which kind of fucked up the story continuity. thats why i think there will be multiple protags already in the main game.

Because you'd have to go along with the game's story line, therefore you can't choose what protagonist you play. Unless they have two completely separate stories but what would be the point in that?

Exactly, they were DLCs. They weren't implemented into the main game.

I wouldn't be surprised If we had multiple main characters, I think the episodes were an experiment on where to take GTAV. The main thing I think they tested is how a pulp fiction-like structure would work in a single game

I think that's a viable opinion. Tarantino films are certainly a great source of influence for the GTA world, and by creating chapter switches between different characters just makes the whole cinematic experience even more like film...

Thank you, you're the guy i have been waiting for but i would hope to be a hispanic rockstar havent really had any protags of that ethnicity and it would be interesting.

Listen to the voice in the trailer. "Why did I move here?"

He's Hispanic/Latino. Ah gare-hone-tee it.

This again?

There is nothing even remotely Hispanic about that guy's voice. If this 'Albert De Silva' shit is true, then he might be of Latin descent, but his voice doesn't sound like it at all.

• Like 2

Thank you, you're the guy i have been waiting for but i would hope to be a hispanic rockstar havent really had any protags of that ethnicity and it would be interesting.

Listen to the voice in the trailer. "Why did I move here?"

He's Hispanic/Latino. Ah gare-hone-tee it.

Are you serious? To me (and most people) the voice in the trailer is the whitest voice in the fucking world.

Someone like Caesar Vialpando has a hispanic accent. The voice from the trailer is NOT hispanic sounding at all.

• Like 1

You guys are right the protagonist'll be black or hispanic, i'm sure he wont be white :clap:... That would be fuckin' boring... Oh and the guy in the trailer is hispanic but he hasnt that accent... He came from Vice City and is probably descendent of a family who came from "Cuba" or something...

Well anyway GTA V will be fuckin' awesome.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

You guys are right the protagonist'll be black or hispanic, i'm sure he wont be white :clap:... That would be fuckin' boring... Oh and the guy in the trailer is hispanic but he hasnt that accent... He came from Vice City and is probably descendent of a family who came from "Cuba" or something...

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

Everybody has a right to have their own opinion, but a lot of people here think that Ned Luke will be the protagonist in GTA V, I'm hoping that isn't true, but oh well, we will see...

The idea of playing as Ned has grown on me. An older protagonist is going to give us a much more interesting story, more so because he's American. Niko had an okay story, but it fell a bit flat because I doubt most of the people who played IV had any idea what war he was in or understood any of those references, and even for the people that did get it (me me me!), they kept things too vague to be very interesting.

On top of that, I think it's highly likely at this point that there are multiple protagonists, so, I'm sure this black/Hispanic kid (looks mixed to me) will still provide the ghetto style CJ fanboys are after.

Hope not, it wasn't that noticeable on Johnny. But we only played him for a short time in TLAD. It would really suck if your age interfered with your everyday criminal activities in the game.

The idea of playing as Ned has grown on me. An older protagonist is going to give us a much more interesting story, more so because he's American. Niko had an okay story, but it fell a bit flat because I doubt most of the people who played IV had any idea what war he was in or understood any of those references, and even for the people that did get it (me me me!), they kept things too vague to be very interesting.

On top of that, I think it's highly likely at this point that there are multiple protagonists, so, I'm sure this black/Hispanic kid (looks mixed to me) will still provide the ghetto style CJ fanboys are after.

I always thought it was the Yugslav wars or Russian and Gerogian war

Guest Marney-1

I always thought it was the Yugslav wars or Russian and Gerogian war

I take it you mean the war of 2008 when Georgia tried to fuck with Russia's little brother South Ossetia and got their ass whooped? Nope, not that one.

Are you serious? To me (and most people) the voice in the trailer is the whitest voice in the fucking world.

Someone like Caesar Vialpando has a hispanic accent. The voice from the trailer is NOT hispanic sounding at all.

But...But...It's all, "Hwai deed ai moof hear?"...

Sounds like "Batchez? Hwee don' need to show you no stenkem batchez?"

Maybe I'm just insane. That's more than likely.

And Cesar Vialpando was actually Speedy Gonzalez in disguise.

THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

Ho, ho...I do believe he has that accent. Listen at the beginning. CAREFULLY.

But now that I watch it again, it's only at the beginning. What the fuck. My ears are broken.

We'll come to an agreement; the protag's great-great-grandmother had an illegitimate child with a hispanic gentleman, so the protag is 1/16th hispanic. Okay?