Vercetti is the main character. The trailer voice is Ray Liotta. His agency denied the rumors because they are under a do not release order from rockstar

if you know ray liotta its quite obvious the voice is his... i dont know why everyone thinks its otherwise

I sincerely hope you're trolling. This page has generated immense lols for me so far, and there's still more to come.

im not trolling, and anyone who thinks i am is closed minded. Companys working on games sign a NDA contract stating that they cant release any information. Thats why his agencey denied the rumors...

its clearly his voice in the trailer... i dont understand so many people are refusing to recognize it.

im not trolling, and anyone who thinks i am is closed minded. Companys working on games sign a NDA contract stating that they cant release any information. Thats why his agencey denied the rumors...

its clearly his voice in the trailer... i dont understand so many people are refusing to recognize it.

Because it isn't him you dumbass. Maybe if you'd stop sucking Tommy's cock for a second you'd realize.

• Like 1

If that was the case, then a majority of the missions would include the protag phoning other people to do missions for him.

Not necessarily, if he is trying to get out of that line of work then i would imagine his old superiors would possibly hunt him down(possible antagonist) and of course i believe it may have something to do with his character trying to reform his life with his ill-gotten gains and possibly invest in real estate. However, with this suggested theme of a failing economy i imagine your character loses everything at one point and you have to go through extreme measures to get back on your feet(Jewelry store heist?)

So i believe he could certainly pass as the character. and on a side note Ned Luke's voice could pass for the voice in IV, and this gives the protagonist good reason to get back in contact with Niko as he is a former associate (and i certainly know at least for me, that i absolutely want to see Niko in the storyline)

I just can't get past my thoughts that I doubt we'll see any characters or references from the previous GTA's in the storyline. Interesting theory though.

Vercetti is the main character. The trailer voice is Ray Liotta. His agency denied the rumors because they are under a do not release order from rockstar

if you know ray liotta its quite obvious the voice is his... i dont know why everyone thinks its otherwise

You got to be fucking serious right??

• Like 1

But... But... People have announced that they were voicing characters numerous times. I remember I think it was Young Maylay did, amongst others.

Wish people would let go of the hope that the guy in the trailer is Tommy Vercetti. I blame IGN for this...

My guess is that the person speaking in the trailer isn't the protagonist but just one of the characters in the story who you do missions for, and what he says in the trailer is probably taken from a cutscene in the game like in the 1st trailer for GTA IV. Personally I hope that the latino looking guy is the protagonist as we havn't had a latino lead character in the main GTA games yet

• Like 3

I personally don't want it to be a past character. It's nice to have a fresh character and see their life and learn about someone new. All other characters had their time.

Tommy Vercetti was born in 1951, making him 60...you genuinely think that GTA V will have a old age pensioner as it's protagonist?

i have an idea about the general story line of the game. i think that the 3 people you see in the trailer are all related. the older man being the farther. in the trailer he does say he moved to los santos with his kids and wanted 'to get out that line of work'. so mabye they are a crime/mob family that has moved to los santos. Also they look alike(facial features and hair lines) when they are breaking into the shop. Plus i think it fits into the rockstar description that says 'Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar' what do you guys think?

i have an idea about the general story line of the game. i think that the 3 people you see in the trailer are all related. the older man being the farther. in the trailer he does say he moved to los santos with his kids and wanted 'to get out that line of work'. so mabye they are a crime/mob family that has moved to los santos. Also they look alike(facial features and hair lines) when they are breaking into the shop. Plus i think it fits into the rockstar description that says 'Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar' what do you guys think?

I highly doubt there all related. Family wise.

“Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the… ah, I don’t know that thing. That magic. You see it in the movies – I wanted to retire from what I was doing. You know – from that. That line of work. Be a good guy for once. A family man. so I bought a big house, came here, put my feet up. I thought I’d be a dad like all the other dads, and my kids would be like the kids on TV. And we’d play ball, and sit in the sun… but, well, you know how it is.”

No where in there does he say he has kids. He says he wants them, not has them.

Well, it's vague (probably on purpose). He doesn't say he has them or wants them. He says it in a future tense where we don't know if he is wishing for his current kids to be that way or hoping for kids in the future to be like that.

Personally I don't think he currently has children or a wife at all. I can't wait for the Albert De Silva kiddies to get bitch slapped like the 2405 kiddies.

• Like 3

Here's an image of the character flying the helicopter in the recent screenshot. I up-scaled and used un-sharpen mask for contrast, and here is the character's contours. Anyone else see the Ned Luke nose? :P

be9q2.jpg

official-gtav-screenshot-1.jpg

• Like 1

It's funny how everyone knows the 'guy' as Ned Luke rather than his in-game name (They really should have named him in the trailer). I hope that name doesn't stick in my head whilst i play through, if he is the protagonist (which he probably will be).

Yeah the nose looks just like his. Kinda bummed.. Oh well I'm fine as long as the multiplayer character selection/creation is decent. I don't mind playing as a ned luke lookin protagonist in the main game as long as the storys good.

I think Packie will be the main character because at the end of gay tony he was going to an airport carrying his bags

Wow that's quite the prediction, you were so thorough and really made me think you're right.

Get real kid, just because he had boarded a plane doe snot mean he'll be the protagonist.

• Like 2

When the topic of the GTA V protagonist is brought up, we usually think of this man

post-1426-0-11304000-1343107030.jpg

But, according to my research, this is false. More than likely, he is a crime boss to do missions for.

The protagonist in GTA usually fits the description of a younger man, and a couple characters have been seen multiple times in the trailer that fit this description.

First off, the black/ hispanic man in the red convertible seen at least twice...

post-1426-0-30858100-1343107025.jpg

post-1426-0-58513800-1343107053.jpg

It is fairly clear that this is definitely the same convertible (one top up, the other top down) and the same person.

Next, the less likely of these 3.

post-1426-0-87983400-1343107066.jpg

As you can see, this man is slightly darker (maybe the lighting), but does have many of the same facial features. If this is the same man, that increases the chances of this being the protagonist as this looks more like a mission than the other two (drug deal gone bad?).

The last of the pics could be a bit of a stretch, but not out of the question as the scene also includes the other possible protagonist.

post-1426-0-48805600-1343107040.jpg

The man on the left, looks slightly hispanic, but if this is Mr. Red Convertible, than the pic before this is probably not him, as their skin complexion is too different to be a match (one, the other, or neither).

Facts that support this man being the protagonist-

1- The rumored name of the protagonist is Albert De Silva, a hispanic name.

2- Starting with San Andreas, here has been a pattern in the race of protagonists: minority, white, minority, white, minority, white, _____?

The second seems to be much more likely than the first with much more evidence to be the protagonist....

post-1426-0-19118100-1343107045.jpg

post-1426-0-69738800-1343107049.jpg

Again, the convertible, one top up, one top down, only this time blue. In the first picture, the man and convertible can easily be seen, but in the second, look closely in the background and you'll see the same convertible top up with what seems to be the same person.

Next picture...

post-1426-0-38058600-1343107035.jpg

Guess what: the same scene from above! This scene makes it more evident that if it features both men, then whichever is not the protagonist, is more than likely a main character. This is clearly Mr. Blue Convertible and this is almost surely a main mission in the game.

The next picture is very recent and could very well be- you guessed it, Mr. Blue Convertible.

post-1426-0-52520200-1343107074.jpg

The many is the black shirt is obviously white and with short black hair and is fairly slim and matches the Mr. Blue Convertible description.

Facts supporting this man being the protagonist-

1- The voice in the trailer is that of a white man's.

2- The narration of the trailer includes phrases that have to do with retiring and having a family, and while this man looks fairly young, his facial features point at the fact that he could be in his mid 30's, unlike Mr. Red Convertible that looks in his early- mid 20's. You could say that being in your 30's is too young to retire, but that seems to be an appropriate age to start a family, and retiring could mean to stop his life of crime to start a family.

3- pretty much every picture is likely to be a match, while the hispanic/ black man only has a couple pictures that are surely matches.

All of the points made in this article have been my observations and from what I know, know one elses. Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

Also, for all you believers in multiple playable characters (not me), this is probably the most likely scenario for this.

Guest Marney-1

@m80rams Although you seem to have put a bit of effort into your post it doesn't really tell us (not me anyway) anything we haven't heard before.

7/10 for effort though. :)

The man in the black shirt is obviously white and with short black hair and is fairly slim and matches the Mr. Blue Convertible description.

(In regard to the most recent screenshot)

I believe its just a screenshot of a random NPC. He's too "dull" looking to give off an impression of an important character.

• Like 1

That is not the same Blue Convertible, they are different makes and models, they just both happen to be blue.

The picture of the Blue Convertible with it's top up, is the same make and model as the red convertible. (If you watch the trailer slowly you can see the front).

post-426-0-38096300-1343167321.png