All I know is I hope it's not the old guy. Whenever you went to bed he would be takin his false teeth out and when he got up he would take his arthritis medicine.

But the black/Hispanic guy would be cool, esp. If he was related to Dwayne or if the protag was Dwayne. That would be awesome cause he was a badass.

I believe that the white old guy is the playable character. The black/mexican might of been friends/associates with old guy, but betrayed him for unkown reasons. Would explain how they are shown as opposites (OldGuy was driving a blue car, the other red.) Sounds like a classic friendbetrayedmeimgoingtothengetbackathim Rockstar story.

I also think that the main character is Albert De Silva, of course I may be wrong, but out of all the RUSH character descriptions, I think it fits him the most.

maybe i really like what ur saying here, i think the older white guy the one we all think is talking isnt the main character, but i think possiably a associate we may meet, also, the young black/hispanic guy we see may be the playable character but he doesnt seem like he would be the type we play as, so im assuming he is also an associate, i mean who really know who the playable character will be, R* could just be totaly playing us all right now and introduce a whole new sweep of characters for us to drewl over in the next trailer lol

I think a lot of people are hearing some hispanic-ness in his voice because:

1.The Albert de silva rumor

2. They don't want to play a Caucasian, so their mind makes his voice seem Hispanic

Just watch some YouTube videos of Hispanic people talking, they don't sound at all like the guy in the trailer. At least that's

my opinion that will probably turn out to be fact, or the fact that I've said that now might curse me.

• Like 2

Are you STILL bitching about the hispanic thing?! STFU already. We already said we think he might be from Spain. The discussion evolved from that shit a long time ago. -_-

Are you STILL bitching about the hispanic thing?! STFU already. We already said we think he might be from Spain. The discussion evolved from that shit a long time ago. -_-

Spanish people have accents, he had none. Point proved he's not Spanish Case Closed.

*Slams gavel*

• Like 2

How about instead of looking for an argument every five seconds, you tell us what you think he is. Don't say white, American, or caucasian because thats not specific enough.

How about instead of looking for an argument every five seconds, you tell us what you think he is. Don't say white, American, or caucasian because thats not specific enough.

So American caucasian isn't specific enough but "Spanish" is?

I believe he is a 4th generation caucasian , Type II light skinned descendant of distant relatives from somewhere in Europe, be it Germany or Spain.

Before you say anything, no he wouldn't have kept the accent his great great great granparents had. after hundreds of years.

• Like 1

So American caucasian isn't specific enough but "Spanish" is?

I believe he is a 4th generation caucasian , Type II light skinned descendant of distant relatives from somewhere in Europe, be it Germany or Spain.

Before you say anything, no he wouldn't have kept the accent his great great great granparents had. after hundreds of years.

Lmfao type II light skinned, thats halarious Marcus

So you agree he has spanish in him?

And no. American caucasian is not specific enough. They all came from Europe, so I wanted to know wich part of Europe did you think he decended from. Thats all. I wouldn't expect R* to make the main story revolve around some old American caucasian that doesn't know wich part of Europe, hes from. Most of the time, the most important characters acknowledge there homeland alot, even if they were born in America. Like Niko, Lil'Jacob, The MacCearys, Roman, Yakuza, Triads, Mafia, & Russian Mob. The games always have a sense of diversity, mostly among Europe.

So you agree he has spanish in him?

And no. American caucasian is not specific enough. They all came from Europe, so I wanted to know wich part of Europe did you think he decended from. Thats all. I wouldn't expect R* to make the main story revolve around some old American caucasian that doesn't know wich part of Europe, hes from. Most of the time, the most important characters acknowledge there homeland alot, even if they were born in America. Like Niko, Lil'Jacob, The MacCearys, Roman, Yakuza, Triads, Mafia, & Russian Mob. The games always have a sense of diversity, mostly among Europe.

Guess you don't know the meaning of "4th generation" meaning His family would've immigrated from Europe to America in like the 1700s. Also, you're trying to deviate from the point which was originally part of his "hispanic" accent because he comes directly form Spain. I was saying his ancestors could have, and he wouldn't have kept their accent if being born in America.

Niko and Roman weren't born in America I'm pretty sure Jacob wasn't either.Also, I'm pretty sure Packies parents or grandparents were raised in Ireland, so they infulence him and his culture. The Yakuza and Triads are organizations of people that was created in Japan and other parts of Asia where they are centred. The branches in America are just expansions of their business.

EDIT: And still, the American triads (Woozie) and the McReary family that were born in America have American accents, not Chinese/Irish accents.

• Like 1

the protagonist is proposed to have moved to los santos, it must have been and internal immigration for him to speak English that well. you can collect from the sound of his voice that he is at least nearing his mid 30's. as of race..... to be honest, it wouldn't really matter. it's definitive that it isn't the guy in the red car, i can assure you that much. the man watching over the city looks a bit old; so if the guy leading the bank heist is different from this man it will most likely be him.

@Marcus

Accents aren't genetic. If you grow up around "Americans", you sound American.

@Tom Downes No, you're not the only one. My post above yours kinda confirms that.

"Also, you're trying to deviate from the point which was originally part of his "hispanic" accent because he comes directly form Spain."

Never said he came directly from Spain

"I was saying his ancestors could have, and he wouldn't have kept their accent if being born in America."

And? Stop trying to argue. Thats what I said./p>

"Niko and Roman weren't born in America I'm pretty sure Jacob wasn't either.Also, I'm pretty sure Packies parents or grandparents were raised in Ireland, so they infulence him and his culture. The Yakuza and Triads are organizations of people that was created in Japan and other parts of Asia where they are centred. The branches in America are just expansions of their business.

EDIT: And still, the American triads (Woozie) and the McReary family that were born in America have American accents, not Chinese/Irish accents."

And?

Ku Zi Mu 789, on 28 March 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Accents aren't genetic. If you grow up around "Americans", you sound American.

What the fuck do you mean "And?" Some people are too stupid to argue with, and you seem to be one of them. I just dismissed every point you made in the post I related to, and all you say is "And?" because you don't know what the fuck else to say.

A white guy named Albert De Silva? Maybe, if hes from Spain. Wich might explain why some ppl (including me) sense some sort of Latin/Hispanic in him.

"Never said he came directly from Spain"

Really man... Really?