As we know the old guy looking out on downtown Los Santos used to have a criminal lifestyle, and he moved to Los Santos with his kids to escape his past basicly.

But have you noticed he doesn't mention his wife or girlfreind. I think that she died.

Now enough of fact, and time for theory.

I think the young man we see in the trailer, driving the blue sports car, and robbing the jewellery store is actually the old mans son. I think this because they both look the same, with there hair line etc.

But why would he be robbing?

I think he is stressed out with his mums death, and the only person he has to look up too is his "criminal" dad. And he goes out and robs, for his dad, who pursuades him to rob.

Dont hate, if you dont agree, atleast I am contributing.

-Kris

Where does it ever say directly that that's the guy with the kids and that he was the guy with the criminal lifestyle? There is no proof whatsoever that he's the narrator, for all we know it could be any random guy in the trailer, or he might not even have been in it.

Guest Marney

I gotta go with Marcus on this one but welcome to the forums anyway CJ. :)

The theory is ok but theirs no facts in this topic. They never said he returned with his kids or even that he led a criminal lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure he is the protagonist though...

I don't see the protagonist robbing stores because he is frustrated I couldn't see the story evolving around that but it's about the pursuit of money

I don't think it's the old guy at all. It's most likely a young character trying to raise his way up to fortune, as we can pretty much guarantee money is gonna have a huge affect in the game, it looks like it's mainly going to revolve around making money.

As said before, the old guy doesn't seem to be the type of guy to walk around the streets causing trouble, robbing stores, mugging people, selling drugs... Yes, I know there are "hard men" in their 50s, but it would be more suited for a 20-30 year old to be doing such things.

well it is about the recession right? the player has lost a job due to some kind of mishap within the game that is related to the countries dept. the players house or what ever is either going to be fore-closed on, and you would have to do mission to make money in order to pay it off. or it is fore-closed on, and you move to a crappy apartment; doing missions to work your way back to the top. the character has no kids, but as the trailers voice-over guy says; he wants kids. he is not married or in a relation ship and he will not be really old; late 20's to early 30's.

I would love to play as BRUCIE because his prik attituide is soooooooo funny! I think he is kick -ass enough to be a protaganist. In GTA IV he was wanting you to steal car and shit.

Also i think the white old guy is, rich mabey because he owns that POTATO farm in the trailer. And his son is the guy in the sports car and hes trying to get money to pay back his dad or something.

I would love to play as BRUCIE because his prik attituide is soooooooo funny! I think he is kick -ass enough to be a protaganist. In GTA IV he was wanting you to steal car and shit.

Also i think the white old guy is, rich mabey because he owns that POTATO farm in the trailer. And his son is the guy in the sports car and hes trying to get money to pay back his dad or something.

I don't know about anybody else here, but I live on a farm and actually grow potatoes. And when we grow them they don't grow in vineyards they grow in the ground.

• Like 1

I still think that the Middle aged guy from the trailer (If hes the narrator) might be Loius' brother.

Who dafuq is "Loius" or maybe you mean Louis. But still, who is he?

Luis? That would make so sense at all, unless Luis is secretly half white ( which he's not).

I said Luis' BROTHER. His rich brother who has children and a divorced wife that Luis banged. As for him being half white, Luis is dominican, and dominicans have white in them. Besides, who confirmed that guy was white? Still looks Dominican to me. There are alot of ppl on this Earth that are lightskined and not caucasian.

Ernesto Lopez is the oldest son of Adriana and Mr. Lopez, and the oldest brother of Luis Fernando Lopez and Leta Lopez-Wilkinson. He was abandoned by his father along with brother and sister. Ernesto dislikes Luis, believing that he is drug dealing trash. He moved out of the city and got a family, and a job as an accountant. His siblings dislike him, believing he is a "prick", as he apparently never sends money to his mother and only calls her twice a year. Luis makes fun of his wife as well.

He moved to get away from a ghetto, drug dealing life? Has kids aswell. He never sends any money to his mother and is disliked by his siblings for that, so I would assume hes pretty rich. Therefore he might have enough to buy "A big house". And drive such expensive cars. (the black one he was speeding in)

It was also revealed by the "RUSH" casting calls (wich may or may not be real) that a McCreary is in the game, wich makes me believe Ernesto bieng Luis' brother, could also be in the game.

@Mods This is not a flame post... :D

:mods:

Am I the only one who thinks the voice in the trailer sounds Hispanic?.. I don't know why people think he's white.. but I guess the majority is probably right.

Packie - He left for the Airport at the End of The Baled of Gay Tony, so he'll probably be involved in the story.

The Old Guy - I don't think he'll be the Protagonist, because R* usually goes for the Rag 2 Riches Story, and it's a formula that has proved to work, No point changing it. Also he doesn't suit the young voice, I'd expect him to have more of a Italian or Irish American Accent.

GTA3 Protagonists - Just because R* says there'll be no returns, (..on several occasions.) I'm not falling for it. Is it really unimaginable that R* would lie? They would also missing out on a golden opportunity; people love returns.. hell, I even got a Semi when Ken Rosenberg came back for another game (..and I hated him in Vice City). I'm 50/50 that there'll be a return of a Protagonist.

Prediction: A Hispanic Guy coming from a shitty backround; got rich from his criminal past; met the right girl; retired for a Honest Life; started a Family and moved to a White Picket Fence Neighborhood; had it all taken from him; he's back to square one.. and has to go back to being a criminal. That's just a very basic idea.

I'm still don't know why people think there's a spanish/hispanic accent. The voice is white. As white as Ned Luke - who fits the voice as well as the look of the old guy.

I agree. I heard no accent, and I know there is such a thing as a light skinned minority but come on. The voice actor and the older gentleman in the trailer are white as snow.

Also he doesn't suit the young voice

I didn't hear a young voice in the trailer either.

Accents aren't genetic. If you grow up around "Americans", you sound American.

@Tom Downes No, you're not the only one. My post above yours kinda confirms that.