I have a few speculations starting off with probably the least supported.

Jeffrey( 38-45 Male)

-A casting call for this character was made by Take Two, he lost all of his money gambling and works for his stepbrother William who owns a restaraunt.

He's down on his luck and probably desperate for money, perfect candidate for someone who would entire a life of crime.

The tanned man in the red car is a good candidate. Younger than the other man in the blue car he seems to show up quite a bit in the trailer. Even in the heist scene.

I know i might be "nobody special" but I'm a huge Grand theft auto fan I just love the series anyways.....the protagonist might easily be Tommy Vercetti from the Grand theft auto:Vice city tough Claude is already there and Niko will be flying to San Andreas doesn't that leave most of the protagonists in one so my guess is this might even be the last Grand theft auto so the wait will be worth it..

Correction for tough I mean though Sorry.. :thumbup:

I know i might be "nobody special" but I'm a huge Grand theft auto fan I just love the series anyways.....the protagonist might easily be Tommy Vercetti from the Grand theft auto:Vice city tough Claude is already there and Niko will be flying to San Andreas doesn't that leave most of the protagonists in one so my guess is this might even be the last Grand theft auto so the wait will be worth it..

Correction for tough I mean though Sorry.. :thumbup:

Rockstar has denied on several occasions the return of GTA III characters, unless it's in easter eggs and stuff like that.

I'm seriously pissed off with all this past generation characters talk. They won't be returning. Now fuck off.

• Like 2

I want a Asian main character. I know that DS game had one but I don't really count that so yeah an Asian guy would be cool.

I'd rather have a game set in San Fierro for an Asian protagonist.

Actually that would be better.

If the main character is shown in the first trailer for every GTA game, then why would they change it? The old guy narrating the trailer is a dead giveaway for it, but why would we be playing as a retired criminal? Then again the one guy driving in the red car could be one as well. Maybe the rumors are true and there are two protagonist. It might be interesting to play as the seasoned vet for a couple missions, then switch to the thug who is trying to move up the ranks. Both stories would intertwine somehow.

I'd rather have a game set in San Fierro for an Asian protagonist.

Actually that would be better.

If the main character is shown in the first trailer for every GTA game, then why would they change it? The old guy narrating the trailer is a dead giveaway for it, but why would we be playing as a retired criminal? Then again the one guy driving in the red car could be one as well. Maybe the rumors are true and there are two protagonist. It might be interesting to play as the seasoned vet for a couple missions, then switch to the thug who is trying to move up the ranks. Both stories would intertwine somehow.

Yeah that would be really awesome, playing as a Triad ranking up and dealing with other organized crime. A young triad, not some 60 year old druglord.

In my views i would love to play as the african american if so in the red car.

Im not trying to be racist or anything i just think playing with Black people is better.

completly agree with you who wants to play with an old fragile 53 year old man haha

icon11.gif

I'm not being racist either but I want to play as a Packie.

This times a million. Packie was pretty young so they could even make him a bit older and make bigger. He was funny shit. Fav character from GTA IV. I'd be stoked if it was him.

going along the idea since Niko was the voice over for GTA IV, the voice over for the GTA V trailer would be the lead.

BUT in the IV trailer they blatantly showed Niko and made it clear he was the lead. The V trailer they did show the character. Maybe because they didnt want the fans to think that was the lead character.

Huuuuummmmmm?

edit

sig \/

i see what youre saying but theres a recurrence of the hispanic guy so i think that might hint 2 protangnists

Why does the old guy HAVE to be a protag? Everyone seems to be saying he is like Rockstar announced it... They haven't announced any of this type of info yet, so it's not definite he is the protagonist. He seems like a boss like character to me.

Why does the old guy HAVE to be a protag? Everyone seems to be saying he is like Rockstar announced it... They haven't announced any of this type of info yet, so it's not definite he is the protagonist. He seems like a boss like character to me.

He could just be one of them (Granted there are multiple protagonist). I still think switching from the veteran criminal to the rookie in a street gang might be fun.

Guest Marney1

I'm gathering that a lot of people here will be [initially] disappointed if the protagonist is a middle aged man. I also know that it won't stop anyone from buying it, playing it and loving it.

Guest Marney1

Yeah who are some of us trying to fool, even if the game is what we don't want, we'll still buy it. It's fucking GTA!

My mother is 60 odd years of age and can still beat me in a ju-jitsu fight...........just sayin'.

I remember when I was a kid and a big older kid pushed me over, my mum ran after him but he locked his garden gate, she jumped over and picked him up (threw him) and slammed him onto his back. He was 6ft 4 and about 20 stone.

What I'm saying is - middle aged isn't old and doesn't mean your a pushover.

Great points, I had similar thoughts, I too think there could be 2 more trailers, each with a different character and different location. It would fool the viewers and lead them to cook up all these rumours and thoughts. No doubt bout it, the white guy is definitely doing the voice over.

Guest Marney1

Great points, I had similar thoughts, I too think there could be 2 more trailers, each with a different character and different location. It would fool the viewers and lead them to cook up all these rumours and thoughts. No doubt bout it, the white guy is definitely doing the voice over.

Trying not to go too far off topic here but it would be a surprise if the next trailer had a different voiceover, now that would cause a stir.

The more I think about it, the more I think a Pulp Fiction-style protagonist setup could work. We could play as the old guy, and similar to Tommy Vercetti (and Niko, at times), he could have his own plan for things, he'll be figuring out how to make money himself, essentially being his own mission boss, for the most part. Then, there could be a second protagonist (maybe the red car guy?), and he could work with the old guy, and get missions from him and several other characters. So we have two protagonists, one who's in business for himself, and another who's working for whoever he can to make money, and the perspective moves back and forth between the two throughout the game, with several missions where both characters are involved. An example of this could be the scene from the trailer where another character (not the old guy) is in the driver's seat of the van. You play as the old guy during the robbery, while the other guy waits in the van, then the perspective shifts back to the other character for the getaway.

It would be kind of like having The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony in one game, seeing the grittier side of LA with one character, and the high profile, big money side with the other.

Just something I've been thinking about lately.

Guest Marney1

The more I think about it, the more I think a Pulp Fiction-style protagonist setup could work. We could play as the old guy, and similar to Tommy Vercetti (and Niko, at times), he could have his own plan for things, he'll be figuring out how to make money himself, essentially being his own mission boss, for the most part. Then, there could be a second protagonist (maybe the red car guy?), and he could work with the old guy, and get missions from him and several other characters. So we have two protagonists, one who's in business for himself, and another who's working for whoever he can to make money, and the perspective moves back and forth between the two throughout the game, with several missions where both characters are involved. An example of this could be the scene from the trailer where another character (not the old guy) is in the driver's seat of the van. You play as the old guy during the robbery, while the other guy waits in the van, then the perspective shifts back to the other character for the getaway.

It would be kind of like having The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony in one game, seeing the grittier side of LA with one character, and the high profile, big money side with the other.

Just something I've been thinking about lately.

I could see that working, I think it's possible to do without it getting too confusing.