So now that the trailer has been released, what are your predictions on the protagonist?

From the trailer we can hear a voice which might be the protagonist, but nothing can be said yet. In my opinion, he sounds Caucasian and would fit the white guy looking off his balcony in the trailer. Then there is hispanic/black? guy that reappears constantly as well.

Here is my theory:

There are 3 protagonists, 1 from Los Santos, 1 from Las Venturas and 1 from San Fierro. As in GTA IV, there were 3 protagonists. Maybe as this trailer only focused on Los Santos, 2 more trailers about the other cities will be released with different people voicing over, as the protagonists. Hopefully we play an african-american or hispanic character, but that's just what I would prefer. But its great to see San Andreas again.

What are your opinions and theories?

Interesting theory.

I think that there will be one MC, I think that the computer generated peds will possibly have more of a story, like the girl checking the runner out, the people at the crop thing, the car Chase with the red car. Maybe it will feel more like a living, breathing city and this is what R* are trying to convey. I agree the voice is America and not of any other decent. Like I have said before I hope it is a certain Mr Vercetti however so far its all speculation. Damn u R* give us more clues! X

I just thought of something.

Maybe that guy looking over his balcony is "Claude"

Since it's been 10 years, he is trying to get out of "that line of work" and start a new life, moving from LC to LS. He would be roughly the right age, so it's possible. However R* denied the return of GTA III Era characters, but that is very interesting.

icon11.gif

In my views i would love to play as the african american if so in the red car.

Im not trying to be racist or anything i just think playing with Black people is better.

No way man, white power.

• Like 5

icon11.gif

I'm not being racist either but I want to play as a Packie.

This times a million. Packie was pretty young so they could even make him a bit older and make bigger. He was funny shit. Fav character from GTA IV. I'd be stoked if it was him.

going along the idea since Niko was the voice over for GTA IV, the voice over for the GTA V trailer would be the lead.

BUT in the IV trailer they blatantly showed Niko and made it clear he was the lead. The V trailer they did show the character. Maybe because they didnt want the fans to think that was the lead character.

Huuuuummmmmm?

edit

sig \/

So do I, but not in Los Santos. I'm still hoping one day there'll be a GTA set in Boston.

Boston, in Lincolnshire, 20 minutes from me? ;)

In my views i would love to play as the african american if so in the red car.

Im not trying to be racist or anything i just think playing with Black people is better.

True dat. I would like to play as Packie as well, but rather in a Boston remake than in Los Santos.

Cj was my least fav, his story wasn't so good. They should do a different story with a black person. I want a female main character, its a bit sexist.

I'm hoping its Huang from CTW.. Unlikely but yea, he was awesome and that game didnt do its set of characters justice (no voice acting)

He has the money to buy a big house too, and moving away from Liberty City kinda fits the story

Cj was my least fav, his story wasn't so good. They should do a different story with a black person. I want a female main character, its a bit sexist.

His story was good, he rose from the gutter and became a millionare through being betrayed and hard work.

• Like 1

Yea but the mad dog thing I found a bit stupid, I like the proper crime side of the story. That just didn't interest me as much personally.

Guest Marney1

I hope he's the protag' because he dresses like me.

*Checks topic title* - I meant I 'predict' it's him.

I hope he's the protag' because he dresses like me.

*Checks topic title* - I meant I 'predict' it's him.

First mission could be robbing a grocery store of their jello puddin' pops.

EDIT: I doubt it's him though, he's got a mouthful for a name...

Now after seeing the trailer, I hope the protagonist is max 35 years old, and the most logical characters that appear would be one of the 3 men robbing the hotel/bank in the pest control van. I rule out the guy running from the cops because the voice doesn't suit him at all.

Hey guys,

Been checking these pages for months, but finally came around to registering :)

About the protag: It's also perfectly possible the narrator is talking about the past, so while he may sound like a 40/50+ man, he could be talking about when he first came to SA, so we'll actually be playing with him in his mid 30's.

And I have a feeling we didn't even see a glimpse of the main character yet. This old guy we saw has a typical face like someone we'll be taking missions from. Could be someone connected to 'std contractors' (still lol when sayin' that one :) ), like Avery was in Vice City)