While I agree, it "could" be vercetti, by age and appearance and attempt at ripping off his voice. It is not vercetti. It won't be vercetti. It's a different world. A parallel universe.

• Like 1

Any ideas who it might be dup?

I'm not sure really. I keep thinking Michael Imperioli, but I don't think his voice is gravelly enough. It certainly has an Italian American feel to it though with a New York accent.

Anyone else have any idea? I think we should investigate!

I don't no if this has been said but they would re cast the voice, if at 40+ years of age ur voice will change tone. But then again I really want it to be tommy so I will say anything.

It could be that he talkin of the past coz his hair line at the robery is different than on the building. THe game is him in the past which is the present day, however the end could be the near future. Kind of makes sense.

I don't think it's meant to be Tommy. There is no reason for them to bring an old protagonist back...

Back to the voice actor, i think they're going to stick with fairly unknown voice actors this time round. Even though i think it sounds like someone famous, it's probably not.

Any ideas who it might be dup?

I'm not sure really. I keep thinking Michael Imperioli, but I don't think his voice is gravelly enough. It certainly has an Italian American feel to it though with a New York accent.

Anyone else have any idea? I think we should investigate!

Not an Italian American from NY voice. I think some of you are having trouble with American accents! That's not Ray Liotta.

He sounds like an Hispanic guy but not a first generation American. In other words, he sounds like a 2nd or 3rd generation Latino-American with just a hint of that kind of inflection in his voice.

Actually, he sounds EXACTLY like an old buddy of mine, but he's a white trash Juggalo from Detroit. And somehow I don't think Rockstar would be interested in a white trash gangsta as a protagonist, LOL.

Guest Marney1

I'm no expert on yankee-doodle-dandy accents but I thought he sounded like he was from New York (Liberty City).

I'm no expert on yankee-doodle-dandy accents but I thought he sounded like he was from New York (Liberty City).

But saying he sounds like he's from New York is like saying someone sounds like they're from England. It's a big place, do you mean New York City itself?

Plus, there's variation to be found among the different ethnic groups within NYC--and that doesn't even begin to cover all the transplants to NYC, which I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the population of NYC wasn't born there. His accent is definitely at least attempting to sound like someone from the East Coast, but he didn't speak long enough to pinpoint exactly where. For me anyway.

Guest Marney1

But saying he sounds like he's from New York is like saying someone sounds like they're from England. It's a big place, do you mean New York City itself?

Plus, there's variation to be found among the different ethnic groups within NYC--and that doesn't even begin to cover all the transplants to NYC, which I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the population of NYC wasn't born there. His accent is definitely at least attempting to sound like someone from the East Coast, but he didn't speak long enough to pinpoint exactly where. For me anyway.

I did say "I'm no expert" - so don't try to be smart boyo. < Read that in a Welsh accent.

I did say "I'm no expert" - so don't try to be smart boyo. < Read that in a Welsh accent.

I never "try", it comes naturally! < Read that in a Brooklyn accent.

He sounds like an Hispanic guy but not a first generation American. In other words, he sounds like a 2nd or 3rd generation Latino-American with just a hint of that kind of inflection in his voice.

Actually, he sounds EXACTLY like an old buddy of mine, but he's a white trash Juggalo from Detroit. And somehow I don't think Rockstar would be interested in a white trash gangsta as a protagonist, LOL.

This would fit Clifton Collins Jr to a tee! I still reckon its him. Until someone has a better idea.

Does fitty got a new yoika accent?

Again, there are several accents associated with NYC. Linguists like to believe that there's one New York dialect called, not surprisingly, the New York Dialect. However, a trip around NYC will tell a different story. You've got everything from the old school(and slowly dying) "Brooklynese"(a good example being the voice actor of Joe from Mafia II) to the Puerto-Rican influenced accents of Spanish Harlem and everything in between.

50 Cent, who by the way, has never pronounced his name "fitty"(watch any Youtube clip of him, EVER) has what is known as the African American Vernacular English accent, with a little New Yahk thrown in the mix. It doesn't sound much like what most people associate with the New York Dialect. This is because the Great Migration(basically when the blacks moved to the cities from the South) occurred largely after the influx of Jewish and Italian American immigrants into NYC(which contributed most to the New York Dialect). Well, about a million or so moved to the big cities in the 1920s and 30s, but the largest migrations happened 2-3 decades later, after the apex of Jewish/Italian immigration.

Which is a long-winded and pretentious way of answering The Mad Dooby's question: yes, technically 50 Cent does have a New York City accent.

• Like 2

He may have been talking about Treefitty, a member on the forums here. But that's actually a well presented concise review of the new yorker accent, so thanks anyway... :D

icon11.gif

Does fitty got a new yoika accent?

Again, there are several accents associated with NYC. Linguists like to believe that there's one New York dialect called, not surprisingly, the New York Dialect.

U a linguist? lol

He may have been talking about Treefitty, a member on the forums here. But that's actually a well presented concise review of the new yorker accent, so thanks anyway... :D

LOL. You're right. Not only is there a member by that name, he posted in this very thread. Sorry The Mad Dooby. I lectured you about a subject you probably don't give a shit about like a fucking pompous professor and then disrespected a member in the process.

Can you tell that I have a hair up my ass about 50 Cent? If I hear one more white guy on Fox News say "fitty" or "fiddy" again, I'm gonna write a strongly worded letter or two I tells ya.

It sounds more Mexican/Spanish to me

spanish? idk about that, he sounds more mid-westerner to me, defently a white guy talking, but he does have an accent of an Italian american, just not one for NY, we shall call him "old spanish\italian\american guy" for now lol

If it's right about having more than one protagonist then maybe in the next trailer it will be a different guy telling us about why he moved there.

"why did I move here?, maybe it was the hookers"

I tweeted Clifton Collins Jr. saying "New GTA V trailer sounds exactly like you! How did you like working for Rockstar the first time around as Cesar in San Andreas?

He ignored the part about him being in the trailer, but had nothing but praise for Rockstar, so with an attitude like that IF rockstar had asked him to work on it, I doubt he would have said no.

ccjuniour.jpg

Guest Marney1

I tweeted Clifton Collins Jr. saying "New GTA V trailer sounds exactly like you! How did you like working for Rockstar the first time around as Cesar in San Andreas?

He ignored the part about him being in the trailer, but had nothing but praise for Rockstar, so with an attitude like that IF rockstar had asked him to work on it, I doubt he would have said no.

ccjuniour.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/artsteknikolor/status/133467977457729537

The question ^

ccjuniour.jpg

http://twitter.com/#...467977457729537

The question ^

I tried to find the exact question but couldn't. I'm such a tweetard.