Not the best start to your posting career here. Pointing to things and stating an opinion is different than making inferences and saying that's the way it is - when obviously no one actually knows and some of the things you're saying are far fetched or off base.

Sorry if it sounded like I was drawing conclusions but that's just the way I type, it saves time not having to write " of course this is just speculation" all of the time, I deduced that was presumed automatically...

I don't see any birds. The things flying around are more like bugs.

They are too big to be bugs in my opinion.

Nope, it's Via Rodeo Drive.

you may be right, are you saying that just because of the cobblestone or are there are details?

Two different vehicles. Rear ends aren't the same. Also there's only one red car in the whole scene and it doesn't appear to be the same one we keep seeing at all.

They are, we're talking about the jeeps right? the two back to back scenes from 52 to 53 have three jeeps, we see the backs of only two, they are the same except for a little black square (licence plate?) on the second one.

Im lost by what red car you're referring to. There is a blue car and a white car that are the same in that scene, and I think they are the same as the car in the :23 scene.

They're the same exact rims. Reflections make it seem a little different.

I double checked and I still think you're wrong, check again...

And the rest of you lighten up a little. You don't need to completely rip the kid a new one. kthnxbai.

Thats kind of a condescending tone but whatever, thanks for sticking up in your own way I guess...

Sorry if it sounded like I was drawing conclusions but that's just the way I type, it saves time not having to write " of course this is just speculation" all of the time, I deduced that was presumed automatically...

It really didn't come off like that.

you may be right, are you saying that just because of the cobblestone or are there are details?

Again, see the trailer analysis. You can even see the places I pointed out in Google Streetview.

They are, we're talking about the jeeps right? the two back to back scenes from 52 to 53 have three jeeps, we see the backs of only two, they are the same except for a little black square (licence plate?) on the second one.

Im lost by what red car you're referring to. There is a blue car and a white car that are the same in that scene, and I think they are the same as the car in the :23 scene.

The first off road vehicle is the same one coming down the hill in the next clip. Then there is the 4-door jeep turning. As for the red car, I read your post wrong. I agree the blue and white car are the same type as the red car seen elsewhere in the trailer.

I double checked and I still think you're wrong, check again...

They are the same.

Once you've been contributing to the forums long enough to know who we are and how we think then try this again, until then you have no idea who you are talking to and what we have talked about in the past. A lot of us have been talking gta since before san andreas together. There is only one trailer and therefore only so much we can acertain from the trailer before we have to start having fun and messing around with ideas.

No way you could have known this probably but I have been on these forums since the creation of gta-sandreas.com, I left because of all the trolling on the forums. All the flaming and posts that add no value but are merely commentary. You know what? You're probably right though, fuck it. It's been a long time since I visited these forums and I've gotten used to other forums where it's against forum rules to make posts that have 0 value add, but fuck it I guess... its a video game forum, what else could you expect?

There is no proof the voice is of a white male, middle aged. I agree he is probably around 40 years old and from the standard first trailer release of past GTA games is probably the protagonist. What evidence do you have that he is not the only playable character?

Ok, he doesnt sound black, he doesnt sound hispanic, he doesnt sound asian. The evidence is that rockstar uses in game camera angles. Take for example the scene with the car at the stoplight lowering its roof, the camera angle is one that you can activate while driving around in previous gta games. Thats why I thought that the camera was following that car around as if the person in the car is being played. Get it? Sorry if this sounds complicated I can't find a better way to explain it, and I may be wrong anyway.

0:24: retractable roof. You can now open and close the roof of a convertible car. Also when the guy gases the car the woman reacts and stops to look at that character, did they do that in gta iv? I don't remember... Girl wears detailed jewelry, perhaps we can buy jewelry now... Car has front of a porsche, back of an aston martin/ bmw m series. Guy shifts in seat, perhaps because of pressing the button to make the roof drop, perhaps due to interaction with girl. Also this is all in game footage, I'm certain the black male is a playable character, one of or the only one in the game.

What makes you think he's the character other than him being in the trailer more than once? Just curious? But this has all been mentioned.

Solely based on camera angles.

0:28 due to camera angle most likely a cutscene. Note the huge cloud of dust the car kicks up. That's awesome! Guy talks about buying a big house. Another allude to property management. Also has something to do with the quest for money.

Cutscene? Most of the trailer is constructed with film based camera angles, why is this one different?

Ok I may be missing something. What do you mean by film based camera angles? Like they have a free cam they can move anywhere in the game? even during gameplay? Or using only camera angles we can use during normal gameplay...

0:30 people working out in totally different ways as opposed to guys working out on beach. possible we can do these types of workouts without use of machines, etc...yoga? sounds unlikely but is possible... also there is a telescope, voyeur fun! I can't say wether it's just a prop or can be used. Possible as a weapon? DJ equipment downstairs, possible dj mini game? also remains from a party are obvious on the lower floor, possibly something party like happening in private homes in the game.

It's worth noting that people jogged in IV, and also did Tai Chi in central park. We couldn't though.

Noted.

0:31 Highway 5 is a real highway in Cali and in LA. Highway numbers will be real then

Rockstar likes to use elements of the real world they are emulating. And always have. Are you saying it will definately lead to San Diego because they chose that number?

What? You're totally taking it further than I meant. All I said was the highway is real, and it spans from san diego to at least San Jose, can't remember the exact length...

Do you remember all the weed plantations in San Andreas?

Vapour trails have been in GTA before.

Totally forgot.

Look mate, you've pointed out some interesting things, and you've pointed out ALOT that we all already knew and discussed. While I appreciate you trying to have a more in depth look at the trailer, you could have done that without being deliberately abrasive in your first post. I'm not quite sure who made you the boss of this topic (psy must have forgotten to tell us) but don't come in here acting all high and mighty, we are all fairly easy going guys, we like to discuss GTA, and have a muck around. But you come in here with an attitude like that and everyone is going to immediately assume you're a c*nt. And I don't blame them.

I come with an attitude of someone who has had a love/hate relationship with these forums from the beginning. As for you being easy going, that has never been my feeling, as can be evidenced by the replies to my post... presume away :D

Sorry, I should have said we are normally easy going. But your first post attacked us with no real basis for argument, then you came and said things we've said or things that speculated as much as we have been. It's just not the right way (IMO) to come into a forum with an attitude of "you are all idiots and shouldn't be talking". This is the way the forums are, if you don't like it I'm speaking only for myself and not for anyone else on the forum, but you can fuck right off.

That being said, we are easy going and since that first post you seem to genuinly want to discuss gta, so lets forget the rest and do just that. :D

And no, I don't remember you from GTA-Sanandreas.com sorry. There was a lot of people around then.

I made this pic to show the similarities.

You can see similarities in the architecture, palm trees, lamp posts and the fact they are robbing what looks like a jewellery store.

To me it looks like the van is robbing the store with the blue awnings. (Anyone know what this shop is in real life?)

It's amazing how similar (hard to see in the top pic but the white building far left has those same curved awnings, the lampposts have the flowers and even the bin is there. The only thing missing is the bollards to stop you driving through.

unled1gtw.jpg

Two different vehicles. Rear ends aren't the same. Also there's only one red car in the whole scene and it doesn't appear to be the same one we keep seeing at all.

To me it looks like the one with passengers is a pickup truck (ute) not a jeep.

Again, see the trailer analysis. You can even see the places I pointed out in Google Streetview.

You're right I missed that.

Same rims, different color. Don't know why you say the reflections make it seem different. in the first scene the ring around the rim is shining while the inner workings are black. In the next scene they are all the same reflection.

With the rims, it does look like the car has Black rims with a chrome lip in the first instance and are just metallic silver in the second. Since this featured on cars in GTA IV it's more than likely it's the same story here. Cars in GTA IV often had different wheels, it's a good little variance, I hope this time we can actually choose them.

On another note the comment about the tent is awesome. We se a rolled up tent in the hilltop shot and an open one in the ghetto shot.

Also people keep saying "why have planes if its only one city aka. one airport?" Well LA has at least three major airports plus several smaller ones...

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=335bfeceec2bf8dd7d007d3eef7a5aae&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bliquidhalogen

just in case you thought I was lying. OK I admit it guys I only read about 3 pages into the trailer breakdown before I got pissed off at the amount of people not "breaking down" the trailer. Now I've read the whole thread and there is a lot of good stuff there, I probably wouldnt have started my post the way I did had I read the whole thing.

Also I think I made a lot of points there that haven't yet been covered. I'm too fucking tired to go into it now, maybe I'll do it later...

Same rims, different color. Don't know why you say the reflections make it seem different. in the first scene the ring around the rim is shining while the inner workings are black. In the next scene they are all the same reflection.

Reflections+shadow:

rimjob.png

If you look back at the GTA 4 trailer, the cars in the game looked completely different by the time the game was finally released, so these cars might not necessarily look like this in the end.

I still think the rim in the shadow on the bottom pick is different then the rim in the shadow in the previous pics... didn't gta iv have different rims for same cars though? I don't remember...

Liquidhalogen, 80%+ of what you said had been mentioned, and how can you deffinitely say 'Yes you can do....'?

Sorry if you answered that in response to TreeFitty or anyone else, my attention span doesn't last longer than a few paragraphs.

Rims look the same to meeee.

Can't beleive I haven't noticed this before. The guy on the right in the heist scene (the one everyone presumes will be the protagonist) gets out the passenger side. Over here (Engerland) thats driver side so I thought no more about it.

Can't imagine we'd be the passenger, never have been before, and we don't clearly see the driver, but seems like its the black guy we see elsewhere in the trailer.

gta-5-trailer-1-characters-connected.jpg

My moneys on us being him for now.

Is he black? I just thought he was a bit tanned. Possibly Hispanic which would tie in with what some of the Rockstar employees *cough*bullshit*cough* have said in their numerous leaks.

Can't beleive I haven't noticed this before. The guy on the right in the heist scene (the one everyone presumes will be the protagonist) gets out the passenger side. Over here (Engerland) thats driver side so I thought no more about it.

Can't imagine we'd be the passenger, never have been before, and we don't clearly see the driver, but seems like its the black guy we see elsewhere in the trailer.

gta-5-trailer-1-characters-connected.jpg

My moneys on us being him for now.

Shit, I didn't even think about that. I'm kind of ashamed now.

O good eye grizzle. Why would they make a big deal of the white guy? I think u play both, maybe they are a team or something.

this is off topic and i apologize but does anyone know if gta V will run on the same engine as IV? is it a new engine or a tweaked and improvised one of the last game?

The trailer never "says" that the older guy is the speaker, nor does the trailer say the speaker is the protagonist, besides, 40-50 year olds don't usually go running around dealing drugs, doing gang work or illegal activities. Like the other protagonists from GTA.

• Like 1

The guy on the trailer doesn't sound as old as the old guy looks on the trailer. But he does sound white. I'm not sure which one he is to be honest. Maybe the jogger or golfer.

But nothing to say that he's definitely the protagonist (or one of them), although it's looking probable.

I really hope he isn't the protagonist. Seriously. Who want's to play a 50 year old running around shoving people on the streets? He would probably die from one hit of a car.

But I wouldn't mind seeing him as the boss/antagonist of the game. and you end up killing him in the end over money. That was very unoriginal...

• Like 1