Looking at all the different shots in the trailer, i can't help feel that Los Santos is going to be the only location. And to stop us travelling out too far, they used mountains all around to block the map. Which reminds me of smugglers run and even parts of Red Dead...

Then again unless the mountains are taller than a high limit to fly at they wont stop the planes. I dont see them being taller than that. Plus that sea has to go some where so i think it will be an island again.

I hope you are right! although I can see other peoples point about the size of the game, but then they've had a few years to work on it, so we'll have to see what trailer number 2 brings

I think it will be all of San Andreas. The map probably won't be bigger but just more detailed. If it could be done on the PS2 then why not the Ps3 and 360?

I do think the original SA could have been used for blueprints, yes it is on a different engine BUT people have drastically edited and modded the shit out of the old PC games to make them have the GTA IV graphics so why couldn't that be done with this game? Would of saved them a lot of time instead of recreating the whole map, it would of been easier to start with the original SA and just edited and tweaked it a bit, adding a little here, removing some things, making some things bigger and better. I believe that is what they have done. Change it enough to where its a brand new experience but at the same time has that familiarity and nostalgia of the original SA. If they are truly going to recreate part of SA why not try to make it bigger and better than before? Makes no since to only recreate a part of it, and the landscape seen in the trailer hints towards San Fierro & Los Venturas. If it was only LS we wouldn't have such a vast landscape. Come on guys its fucking Rockstar they will not dissapoint they actually listen to fans unlike most comapanies

I think it will be all of San Andreas. The map probably won't be bigger but just more detailed. If it could be done on the PS2 then why not the Ps3 and 360?

I do think the original SA could have been used for blueprints, yes it is on a different engine BUT people have drastically edited and modded the shit out of the old PC games to make them have the GTA IV graphics so why couldn't that be done with this game? Would of saved them a lot of time instead of recreating the whole map, it would of been easier to start with the original SA and just edited and tweaked it a bit, adding a little here, removing some things, making some things bigger and better. I believe that is what they have done. Change it enough to where its a brand new experience but at the same time has that familiarity and nostalgia of the original SA. If they are truly going to recreate part of SA why not try to make it bigger and better than before? Makes no since to only recreate a part of it, and the landscape seen in the trailer hints towards San Fierro & Los Venturas. If it was only LS we wouldn't have such a vast landscape. Come on guys its fucking Rockstar they will not dissapoint they actually listen to fans unlike most comapanies

Yeah but they have to do it logically, can't make a game which is massive but everything else about the game has been downgraded just down to the size, rather have a smaller but more in depth and interesting game, rockstar will find the balance

San Andreas on PS2 was massive and I didn't notice any downgrades between Vice City and SA, everything seemed upgraded so why couldn't they do that again? If the PS2 could handle it way back then I know these new systems can handle much more.

I'm thinking it's just an expansive countryside, no other major cities. R* sticks with a consistent theme now. With three completely different cities (five total environments) in San Andreas, the story was all over the place, R* has to know that. I doubt we're getting the whole state.

And for the record, Vegas revolves too much around just one thing to have it's own game. Unless I'm wrong and all of SA in in GTA V, don't count on seeing Las Venturas again.

The four (not three) islands in GTA IV aren't completely different settings with different styles and different themes. Multiple islands making up one city is nothing like multiple cities making up a state.

I'm thinking it's just an expansive countryside, no other major cities. R* sticks with a consistent theme now. With three completely different cities (five total environments) in San Andreas, the story was all over the place, R* has to know that. I doubt we're getting the whole state.

And for the record, Vegas revolves too much around just one thing to have it's own game. Unless I'm wrong and all of SA in in GTA V, don't count on seeing Las Venturas again.

You make a good point, I too feel the same way with the story in GTA San Andreas but if it was just one city then why would they include planes? Unless they've greatly expanded the Los Santos island to have a greater sprawl (ie that mountain, mixed in with wind farms and that potential valley), then the planes would make sense.

Unless those planes are not available for operation. Then they are there to add a little more realism to world. But that would indeed suck.

San Andreas on PS2 was massive and I didn't notice any downgrades between Vice City and SA, everything seemed upgraded so why couldn't they do that again? If the PS2 could handle it way back then I know these new systems can handle much more.

No doubt that San Andreas was massive for its time, but there is just so much detail in everything that Rockstar do on the PS3 and 360. During that trailer even the wheels on the cars looked detailed but there are limits, to make the landscape bigger, do they downgrade the graphics and how much detail there is? do they limit what each ped does? it is its own little world now? I can explain it using fossil fuels, We have millions of more cars, buildings, factories etc now than we did a few hundred years ago, more of those you have the more resources you need to fuel them but they will run out unless they are logically distributed to what needs them most. Which I believe Rockstar are doing with their resources scaling back on the size of the game to ensure other more vital aspects of the games are better

The three islands in GTA IV aren't completely different settings with different styles and different themes. Multiple islands making up one city is nothing like multiple cities making up a state.

But the 3 cities are also completely different settings as well and are all stylistically different. I know it is 3 islands making up a city vs 3 cities making up a state. All I'm saying is it is still 3 different areas.

There is definitely plenty of land outside Los Santos to explore. Some of the wide shots make it seem like the hills/mountains go on for quite a while. How much of it is just background images (i.e. something we can't get to) will be answered eventually. :D

Unless those planes are not available for operation. Then they are there to add a little more realism to world. But that would indeed suck.

Exactly. There's no indication at all that you can fly planes. There were planes in the sky in IV and you couldn't fly them. I don't get why people think seeing a plane automatically means you can fly it. Now, we might end up being able to fly planes, but that doesn't change the fact that as of right now, there is zero evidence that the planes are flyable. Hell, it might even end up that R* found a way to make it work and all of SA is in the game, but it's still highly unlikely.

The three islands in GTA IV aren't completely different settings with different styles and different themes. Multiple islands making up one city is nothing like multiple cities making up a state.

But the 3 cities are also completely different settings as well and are all stylistically different. I know it is 3 islands making up a city vs 3 cities making up a state. All I'm saying is it is still 3 different areas.

The four islands in IV aren't different settings. You meet different people and do different missions, but the islands aren't all that different and the game has the same theme all the way through. In San Andreas, every new area has a completely different theme and style, it was like more like playing four short games than one long game. As great as SA was, the story didn't really work all that well and it would take some serious thought on R*'s part to make it work for GTA V.

• Like 1

The way i see it is, i'm getting a story set in LS and some surrounding country side. I'm not expecting more, and then i wont get let down by the fact there isn't more. So if it does turn out to be the whole of San Andreas, then it's a win win situation.

I know it'll always be in the back of your mind that could they really pull of the whole of San Andreas. Just lower your expectations for a better outcome. :)

In San Andreas, every new area has a completely different theme and style, it was like more like playing four short games than one long game

Your are onto something there, an interesting theory could they release a number of smaller games rather than one longer game?

By the way just throwing it out there.. I don't believe for one minute that might actually happen!

It would work. They could do the main game, then add the other cities as medium-sized $20 games (available in both disc and download form), either with new characters or the original main character (as long as the original character has a reason to go to the other city). Somewhere between the IV DLC and the Half Life 2 episodes.

I have a feeling R* would never go for it, but it's an idea, at least.

To be honest I always felt the story in SA was all about Los Santos anyway. I barely remember the layout for San Fierro and Venturas cause the missions there were just filler on the way back to Los Santos. The game can be quite succesful with just Los Santos.

• Like 1

SanFierro is still my favourite city, so I'd like it to make another appearance. It was the original SanAndreas in GTA1 as well.

LasVenturras, I don't care much for. Once the missions were over with it was a pretty boring place.

If it's a high detail Los Santos and countryside, I'd be happy with that.

I spent most my time in Las Venturas and San Fierro actually. I remember pretty much the whole game but I spent ,ost the time in those 2 cities and the areas in between

Guest Marney1

I still think it is Tommy V. In the video and I have strong faith that the release will be May 2012.

Hey Jeff, long time no see! ;)

I'm thinking along those lines too but also have a feeling that guy in the trailer isn't the protagonist. I'm hoping they announce it's Tommy Vercetti in a future trailer, they probably won't though. As for the release date I'm thinking it could be quite soon, judging by the trailer they've been working their asses off and it's almost done.

Exactly. There's no indication at all that you can fly planes. There were planes in the sky in IV and you couldn't fly them. I don't get why people think seeing a plane automatically means you can fly it. Now, we might end up being able to fly planes, but that doesn't change the fact that as of right now, there is zero evidence that the planes are flyable. Hell, it might even end up that R* found a way to make it work and all of SA is in the game, but it's still highly unlikely.

True there is no evidence that planes are flyable, but I don't think R* would go out of their way to put that many shots of planes flying in the trailer if they weren't. They know that it's something a lot of people wanted back, I don't think they would lead everyone to think they we could fly them just to disappoint.

True there is no evidence that planes are flyable, but I don't think R* would go out of their way to put that many shots of planes flying in the trailer if they weren't. They know that it's something a lot of people wanted back, I don't think they would lead everyone to think they we could fly them just to disappoint.

Yeah, and being thats its a remake of SA where you could fly virtually every airplane, its logical that you could fly planes in GTA 5. Also, the plane(s) in IV where the Commerical airplanes, at least that was the only one that you see flying, would be extremely time consuming and hard for Rockstar to put into GTA IV. San Andreas is known for its vast landscape and wide variety of vechicles and airplanes, so it just wouldn't make any sense not to have them in it.

Lots of people were mentioning the guy in the white shirt begging for money (out the front of the construction site) Looks more to me like he's offering drugs.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Duff also mentioned it in the chat room.

Yeah, and being thats its a remake of SA where you could fly virtually every airplane, its logical that you could fly planes in GTA 5. Also, the plane(s) in IV where the Commerical airplanes, at least that was the only one that you see flying, would be extremely time consuming and hard for Rockstar to put into GTA IV. San Andreas is known for its vast landscape and wide variety of vechicles and airplanes, so it just wouldn't make any sense not to have them in it.

I'm not saying we can't fly them, I'm just saying don't jump to conclusions. People are making way too many assumptions based on a minute-and-a-half trailer.

Maybe I've just become jaded, but I'm content to just sit back and see what happens rather than try to pull info from one trailer.