First line of dialogue sounds like Charlie Sheen, definitely not him but I thought that was kind of funny. Also, according to IGN (and yes that's a horrible way to start a sentence), Rockstar has CONFIRMED that GTA V will take place in all 3 major cities of San Andreas. Not sure if they actually released a statement, or if IGN is just full of shit (more likely).

First off, the license plates say 'San Andreas', but that doesn't mean much. Los Santos is IN San Andreas, in the same way that Vice City is IN Florida. That doesn't mean it'll include the whole state.

My impression is we'll see Los Santos surrounded by large areas of countryside on all sides (Red Dead style). Mount Chiliad is obviously back, and there are several countryside and desert areas shown in the trailer (0:28 and 0:56 spring to mind). No hint of Las Venturas or San Fierro were even shown, which is strange for a game this far into production. Although I'd love to be proven wrong since San Fierro was my favourite city in any GTA game.

Why would R* reveal everything about the game in the first trailer? It's not their style.

Also, about dogs - I wouldn't get your hopes up. The dog at the beginning of the trailer is way too perfectly animated to be anything other than a motion captured performance. I doubt we'll see dogs roaming around the streets with their owners, although again I would love to be proven wrong. More likely I think is police dogs (possibly) and wild animals in the countryside areas.

I don't see why they'd put a dog in the trailer if it's not going to be in the game, seems a bit pointless.

Also the pushbike in the scene where the guy is putting up the 'for sale' board (0:54) is missing a front wheel. That doesn't mean bikes won't be in, but I didn't see any others.

There is one just before at 0:53, in the background below the O, again I don't think it has a front wheel. This isn't a good sign, both bikes are missing front wheels making it seem as if it's just a prop rather than a vehicle. But we shall see.

Has anyone began work on trying to link the city together from the shots we have of it to build up a rough map of the city?

26 seconds - you can see a plane in the background (Right at the top, left of centre). Looks like a plane that can land on water.

46 seconds - "Putting the FU in fumigate". Like it!!

60 seconds - Nice bike... Looks a lot like the front end of a Honda CB1000R

Lot's of construction going on which to me hints at a story line or two.

The more I look at the "earpiece" at 41 seconds the more I am convinced it's not an ear piece. I think it's just his ear.

The attention to detail is amazing... Even has lettering on the tyre's, and the heat haze coming of the helicopter at 67 seconds is fantastic.

Generally I am very impressed and looking forward to this. More excited about this than I was about GTA4. I always felt atmosphere and storyline were lacking in GTA4, but they are back for this one.

Lastly, this looks like a fairly complete game. It's not like they showed a couple of areas and dragged them out. We have covered a lot of areas, and seen what looks like clips from story lines. It wouldn't surprise me if a April/May 2012 release date was on the cards...

Anyway, that countryside looks fucking awesome. The mountain and everything.. I do hope it's not just Los Santos, though.

I have a feeling what we saw is what we get, Los Santos and surrounding countryside. If you watch the pedstrians it looks very motion capturey. With that and the size of LS+Country its unlikely they would be able to give more. Xbox will already have at least 3 discs (And microsoft said there wouldnt be a need to use blu ray even after the format war)

Its unlikely rockstar would want to have more than 3 discs for the game.

But hey i could be wrong, im assuming that LA Noire's map is the same size as the LS and Country side. Never know.

At least we know why it was called GTA: V now, becuase calling it GTA: San Andreas would be somewhat confusing. and GTA SA2 isn't quite as catchy.

And the fact it comes after IV.

I guess we may see Packie in. As casting calls for projects have included the name someone 'McCreary' who lived with his cousin. Probably Packie's cousin. And coming out the pest control van at 0:46 looks like

And Niko had a ticket to San Andreas on the Rockstar Social Club I do believe, so he may also make a brief appearence.

I still can't picture playing as the man seen at 0:40. And re-watching, the voice doesn't neccisarily sound that old. After having a similar older protagonist with Niko, I can't see Rockstar doing that again. More I hope they don't.

The dog wouldn't be in unless it had some point I imagine. Birds make a couple of appearances too so I imagine animals will be there.

Lot of the number 2405 making an appearance in here. Speculation over this is rising. Apparently it's on the mail truck, although I can't stop it on a frame to see it. It's then on the curb behind the truck. The song, Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake, was released 24-5-1968. Hence leading to the speculation that it shall be released 24-05-2012.

Can't help but feel people looked too deep into this, and doubt it will be released so close to Max Payne 3.

Would now be a good time to revisit the police database website in GTA IV to see if there are any clues as to characters? There were a few on there from LS, SF, etc.

Wasn't San Andreas set in like '92? Which means the black guy definitely isn't CJ, because he's kickin' on a bit now if he's in it.

Wouldn't mind seeing interaction back in, I think it was San Andreas you could press a directional button to give a response when someone spoke to you. I liked that,

So much comes to mind of what I want in it now. This game is too far away, I want it now!

Wilkommen!

Hey Duffman. Good to see you're still about.

First line of dialogue sounds like Charlie Sheen, definitely not him but I thought that was kind of funny. Also, according to IGN (and yes that's a horrible way to start a sentence), Rockstar has CONFIRMED that GTA V will take place in all 3 major cities of San Andreas. Not sure if they actually released a statement, or if IGN is just full of shit (more likely).

Hahaha.

But yeah, no sources quoted, I think they're extrapolating.

Why would R* reveal everything about the game in the first trailer? It's not their style.

True, but there's not much evidence of any other cities. Their current modus operandi seems to be to focus heavily on just one major city, instead of trying to do multiple cities and end up having them all pretty mediocre. I'd love to see it, but I don't believe they're remaking San Andreas.

Either way I guess we'll have to wait to see what they say about it. Cue me eating humble pie in 3, 2, 1...

I don't see why they'd put a dog in the trailer if it's not going to be in the game, seems a bit pointless.

It's possible it's just a minor part of a cut scene. All the characters in that scene seem slightly too well animated, honestly.

It's definitely a hint at animals in the game, but I doubt we'll see people's dogs roaming the streets in the game. Rockstar just don't need the controversy.

Wild animals, yeah probably.

There is one just before at 0:53, in the background below the O, again I don't think it has a front wheel. This isn't a good sign, both bikes are missing front wheels making it seem as if it's just a prop rather than a vehicle. But we shall see.

Yeah they definitely appear to be props/street garbage. Honestly I can't say I used pushbikes much in San Andreas so it's not a huge deal for me.

Either way, we won't know until it's out, or Rockstar tell us (but it's fun to speculate :))

OP updated with more speculation.

Just read IGN's website post. I don't know who wrote that, but he doesn't deserve to be writing on such beauty.

Wow Imbrium, long time no see.

Yeah i think the bikes were props tbh. I can't see a 50 odd year old guy riding a bike around the city. Looking at the trailer over and over, i can't help but feel Los Santos seems smaller and smaller each time i see it. Maybe the mountains surrounding it just dwarf it in some of the shots.

Scene 1 - The beach

Sunset

Couple walking with dog

Seagull flying (actually casts shadow on beach)

Lifeguard shack with waving flag, boards, equipment

"Pleasure Pier"

Scene 2 - The boardwalk

"Pleasure Pier" again

Girl joggers checking out guy joggers and then talking about it

Other ped interactions

Different ped clothing (or lack of)

"Pump & Run Gymnasium" shirt

Security camera warning sign

Various other signs

Various objects: trash can, garbage, benches, fire hydrant, etc

Scene 3 - Rising above palm trees

Detailed trees

Traffic intersection (car interaction doesn't seem completely smooth)

City in background, smoggy

Scene 4 - Golf course

Peds playing golf with some waiting or watching

Typical 69 humor

Flags waving

Golf cart (Caddie)

Blimp above city in background

Scene 5 - Fun in the water

Jetski (Speedo Phile 2000)

Water effects

Lifejacket

Cranes at docks in background

Bridge overhead

Scene 6 - Hiking

Beautiful mountain scene with trees

Hikers with backpacks/hiking gear

Two peds holding hands and pose for picture

Scene 7 - Crosswalk

Red convertible (Comet) putting top down (car seen later)

Driver young and a little tan, watching woman, we shall call him "Young Guy"

Woman crossing street, checking out red car

White SUV (Landstalker?) and black SUV (Habanero?) moving through intersection

Advertisments: Pißwasser (torn/faded) and e-Cola

Stores: "piercings" (sign), "Fashion", "Wigs and Styling", "Movie Posters"?, "food market"

Various objects: contruction barracades, trash, boxes, fire hydrant, etc

Scene 8 - Wind turbines

Wind farm with turbines in hilly area

Offroad-type vehicle driving on dirt road (same type seen better later)

Dust cloud behind vehicle

Seaplane (Skimmer?) flying around top-left

Scene 9 - Home workout

Peds exercising together outside

Exercise bike

Towel on railing

Telescope

DJ equipment below

Other details

Scene 10 - Freeway

Signs for Las Puerta Freeway, Downtown/Little Seoul

White SUV (Landstalker) and black car

Tractor trailer tanker on far left with other vehicles

Other vehicles including Semi in front

Scene 11 - Beach workout

Workout area between beach and boardwalk

Sponsors: "Muscle Sands, Vespucci Beach, Los Santos", Pump Buddy Magazine, Plenty of issues to work out!"

Peds working out

Ped with bikini top, skirt, and visor

Other peds wlaking around with different clothing

Overfilled trashcan

Scene 12 - Walking down the street

Ped leaning on building and another walking with completely different clothing styles

Ped leaning begging for money?

"Going out of business sale" and ATM signs

"Eclipse Liquor Deli"

Various objects: trash, dumpster, parking meter, newsstands, etc

Blue car (Feltzer?) (seen later)

Scene 13 - Getting it up there

"Join our mile high club" advertisement for building

Construction

Scene 14 - What a view

Older caucasian man looking out at city, we shall call "Old Guy"

Buildings under contruction

Scene 15 - Picking crops

Peds (workers) picking crops on farm, different clothing for each

Older plane (Cropduster?) crop dusting

Peds react to dust cloud

Baskets

Scene 16 - The heist

Blue van (Burrito): "Bugstars Pest Control, Los Santos, Putting the FU in fumigate"

Guy with red jump suit, mask, and silenced AK-47, knocks on van

Other men in same clothing with guns exit rear of van

Older red car in back-left

Men kick in fancy door and enter

Jewelry store?, Fleeca sign among others on door, security camera inside top-right

Scene 17 - Driving

Blue car again, is driver the first pest control guy?

Stores: "Pizza This", "Daily Globe"

White car turning at left

Various details: Electrical boxes, trash, weeds

Scene 18 - More driving

Same blue car, readable "San Andreas: License Plate

24-7 supermarket

Rental sign in back

Other cars on right

Construction barricades and equipment

Scene 19 - The docks

Tractor trailer box truck "Up-n-Atom Burger, Once it pings, Eat like kings"

Containers and cranes on dock

Seagulls

Scene 20 - Traffic

Various peds in different clothing waiting along road, bus stop maybe?

Various vehicles on left: offroad vehicle, cars, SUVs, pickup truck (Contender?), semi without trailer (Phantom?)

Two different offroad vehicles, one Jeep-type and the other is an older landrover

Blue car again

"Los Santos" graffiti

Scene 21 - Foreclosure

Delivery truck (Brute): "Postal, We aim to not lose it"

Guy hammering foreclosure/for sale sign into ground, sign actually moves

Older car in driveway

Bicycle against house

Various details: trash and recycling cans, garbage, house number (unique?)

Scene 22 - Picking up chicks

Older dark sports car (Coquette?)

"Ace" liquor store and grocery

Peds interacting, picking up hooker?

Various signs and advertisements

Scene 23 - Zoom!

Black convertible racing down bridge and through streets

Other cars on roadway (Emperor? very early)

"Glory Holes" store

Scene 24 - Need money

Homeless man with sign

Semi truck with no trailer driving behind

Semi truck with empty trailer farther behind

Freeway signs: "Del Perro Freeway", "East Los Santos"

Scene 25 - Bumville

Under roadway

Various tents, boxes, garbage and other objects with homeless people

Two cars in background: older red convertible (Stallion?) and white SUV (Habanero)

Scene 26 - Flyby

Military single-engine jet aircraft flying through city (Hydra?)

Scene 27 - He's cut off

"Tequi-la-la"

Bouncer/security pushing guy out onto sidewalk

Guy reacts to fall

"Enema" and "Pißwasser" advertisements

Camera warning sign

Yellow sport motorcycle

Other peds walking

Scene 28 - Pumping at sunset

Oil wells (Brute) pumping above freeway

City in background

Blimp flying around again

Scene 29 - Car chase

Red car from earlier running from police car

Police car (Vapid Police Crusier): "City of Los Santos, Police, Obey and Survive", San Andreas license plate, October expiration

Car crash (two-door Cognoscenti?), other SUVs (Landstalkers?)

Construction site

Scene 30 - Foot chase

Black male with tattoos running from police through alley

Police on foot (cars in background) chasing and with chopper (Maverick)

Various details: puddle splashes, garbage around, shoes hanging on wires, blur from chopper exhaust

Scene 31 - Fire

Police car on fire (note 911 logo on left and antenna on roof) in middle of freeway

Ambulance

City in background with blimp again

Scene 32 - Vinewood and beyond

Vinewood sign on hillside with airplane (Shamal?) flying over

Airplane flying towards Los Santos with blimp again

Sunset with smog/fog across city.

Grand Theft Auto V logo

Looking around (this topic/other places) for anything else.

Just spotted. Hiking scene, clouds moving. Lot of little details make it look amazing. Lot of bridges. Maybe these lead to the rest of SA.

I'm almost positive the other cities of San Andreas are in... If their are planes... Their has to be a large area... I mean imagine flying a jet in Liberty City... It's way to small of a map...

To be honest, given the level of detail and scale of what we saw in the trailer, there would be very little space for other cities, technologically speaking. Rockstar wouldn't risk a required install on release, they think about profits and that would cost them a lot since many people don't have hardrives (for 360).

I guess in theory it could have multiple discs for the Xbox, but again that seems unlikely for a game that relies on seamless travel.

Furthermore, I find it very hard to believe that they could have created more than one city of that detail within the time they've had (I'm assuming since 2008).

I personally believe we'll see Los Santos, some surrounding rural areas and perhaps some smaller villages in those areas. Id love to see SF and LV included, but it seems farfetched.

Also, did anyone else notice that Mt. Chillad looked inaccessible? I fear that R* may take the RDR approach to boarders.

I don't believe in boarders because of Airplanes and I don't think it would have taken too long to make the whole San Adreas again since they could easily have used many parts of the original San Andreas as a blueprint

Also, did anyone else notice that Mt. Chillad looked inaccessible? I fear that R* may take the RDR approach to boarders.

That's what i've been saying, it looks too vast to be climbable. But then again we didn't have planes in RDR (well we had one plane) to fly over the land borders, and invisible walls around the map aren't really R*s style.

That's what i've been saying, it looks too vast to be climbable. But then again we didn't have planes in RDR (well we had one plane) to fly over the land borders, and invisible walls around the map aren't really R*s style.

That is true, it could just be a case of not being able to reach an altitude high enough to fly over it? I guess that's clutching at straws, but something looks off about it. As you said, to vast.

BuickBoy, the old SA blueprints would be pretty useless considering everythings on a new engine.

Yeah, looks too 'out there', but with jets in the game I can't see how they could block you from going up there without doing something really retarded. The sky limit might just be very high and the mountain detail not finished yet, or maybe the draw distance is set low so we're seeing a low-res version in the trailer. Who knows.

post-7-0-62599400-1320277157_thumb.png

I still think they would have tried to take it more clear in the trailer it was just LS rather than several little hints at San Andreas, with the little hints people then start to believe it will be all of San Andreas and when they show its just LS people will be disappointed

Although nothing to suggest otherwise but still people read a lot into the trailers

Looking at all the different shots in the trailer, i can't help feel that Los Santos is going to be the only location. And to stop us travelling out too far, they used mountains all around to block the map. Which reminds me of smugglers run and even parts of Red Dead...

Looking at all the different shots in the trailer, i can't help feel that Los Santos is going to be the only location. And to stop us travelling out too far, they used mountains all around to block the map. Which reminds me of smugglers run and even parts of Red Dead...

I suppose as long as its a big map and very in depth, there can't be anything for people to complain about!

Then again unless the mountains are taller than a high limit to fly at they wont stop the planes. I dont see them being taller than that. Plus that sea has to go some where so i think it will be an island again.