That's pretty cool I guess, was quite exciting, but still didn't grip me enough. Something about it seemed new, yet still so much like GTA IV in a way.

Not that keen on them redoing San Andreas either, but that's more personal, as I'm concerned it won't live up to the San Andreas we all played before. Everyones obviously going to be playing comparisions.

Also what is it about GTA that makes everyone analyse the trailers so much? Nobody does it for other game trailers!

Graphics? Odd choice of protagonist?

People love to analyze these trailers since they contain so much information i.e. location, protagonist (though we don't know yet clear cut who that is), vehicles(those planes seem rather enticing :) ). One can extract a lot of info from 80 seconds of footage it seems.

Song from 1968? So a 60s music station then? Awesome!

I figure there will have to be at least one more city for planes to be really practical, after all whats the point of planes in a game if there is only one place on the map to take off and land.

And to whoever said the golf course was in San Fierro, its not. You can see the Los Santos skyline from it.

IGN are saying they think Tommy Vercetti and CJ are in it, I think its huey but anyone clarify the video I cudnt see that well

Well... can kind of see it, still not sure: wpr39.png

He looks like Frank West.

so no-one else thinks thats possible Claude then guys?

Claude is a mute.. So I don't think so.

Anyway, that countryside looks fucking awesome. The mountain and everything.. I do hope it's not just Los Santos, though.

well no one said he was mute he simlpy didn't talk, I just think the fact he was talking bout retiring from that life and moving to a new city buying a big house and having a family, just seems like its a character you know, and judging by his looks and timeframe i think it could only be Claude, like I said 10 years since GTA 3 where he was possible late 20's and looking at that guy he looks late 30's to early 40's

I expect the similar looking characters are just homages rather than anything else. They have the opportunity to make a whole new story, if they use characters from other stories we lose the fun in learning about the different people in the game and what their ambitions are.

but heres the thing Duffman did you learn anything actually about Claude, other than his story in Liberty City and they have a whole 10 year back story they can make up for him, plus hes the face of GTA past perfect oppurtunity to wrap up his story dont you think, also he has already met up with CJ in San Andreas so there might be a reason for him to go back.

At least we know why it was called GTA: V now, becuase calling it GTA: San Andreas would be somewhat confusing. and GTA SA2 isn't quite as catchy.

well tbh Bones I thought I saw Packie on the heist part, also dont u think the car at 0:57 looks like an AUDI R8 Convertable

haha nice :) im really looking forward to this game, good job I have San Andreas (original Xbox version) being delivered Saturday and then Skyrim next week, and then SR3 the week after that all in all a good month for business

I'm thinking the voice-over is a dialogue from a mission boss. Like others have said here, it sounds like the kind of stuff they say.

I'm thinking that Packie might be the protagonist, having just moved to SanAndreas, the mission boss guy is telling him why he moved there, possibly some time ago.

I would love to see Tommy back, after seeing the trailer and the V on the name, but i really dont think its him for 2 main reasons:

1 . - At the beginning he said why did i move here? i guess it was the weather, that right there doesn't make any sense to me if you lived in Florida and you come to Cali for the weather.... lol no, this is gotta be a person coming from a cold city

2 . - The voice is not coming from Ray Liotta 100%

well no one said he was mute he simlpy didn't talk, I just think the fact he was talking bout retiring from that life and moving to a new city buying a big house and having a family, just seems like its a character you know, and judging by his looks and timeframe i think it could only be Claude, like I said 10 years since GTA 3 where he was possible late 20's and looking at that guy he looks late 30's to early 40's

I just highly doubt it. 10 years ago (or less, depending if GTA V is set in like 2011, or 2005 or w/e) he never talked and was a really shady sorta character. Now, suddenly, he sounds like his charisma is boosting through the roof.

I just can't put the voice on that video to Claude from GTA III.

Hey all, first post on the new site (used to be known as 'Pilot Lazz).

Just thought I'd speculate on the area of the game.

First off, the license plates say 'San Andreas', but that doesn't mean much. Los Santos is IN San Andreas, in the same way that Vice City is IN Florida. That doesn't mean it'll include the whole state.

My impression is we'll see Los Santos surrounded by large areas of countryside on all sides (Red Dead style). Mount Chiliad is obviously back, and there are several countryside and desert areas shown in the trailer (0:28 and 0:56 spring to mind). No hint of Las Venturas or San Fierro were even shown, which is strange for a game this far into production. Although I'd love to be proven wrong since San Fierro was my favourite city in any GTA game.

Also, about dogs - I wouldn't get your hopes up. The dog at the beginning of the trailer is way too perfectly animated to be anything other than a motion captured performance. I doubt we'll see dogs roaming around the streets with their owners, although again I would love to be proven wrong. More likely I think is police dogs (possibly) and wild animals in the countryside areas.

Also the pushbike in the scene where the guy is putting up the 'for sale' board (0:54) is missing a front wheel. That doesn't mean bikes won't be in, but I didn't see any others.

Also about the protagonist - if it was Tommy Vercetti I would be surprised. The voice doesn't sound like Ray Liotta, and the grey-haired guy looks to me to be a mission-giver, possibly somebody like Donald Love(?). Although there's nowhere near enough information to even guess yet. I'm going to stick my neck out and say we might see a very basic character creation system for the first time.

• Like 1

The protagonist is that 50 year old guy. Its pretty obvious since hes talking through the whole trailer and it shows him doing missions. Hope we get more information soon.