Sign in to follow this  
Commissar Tommy32

What do you think will be included in the trailer

Well I think we are looking at a similar debut trailer to GTA IV. It shows the city and possibly shows off the new graphics and may have the main character speak or may even show the main character. I also think if there are things like planes in the game these will be shown.

Well, What do you think.

The first trailer will be protagonist orientated i think. Like the IV trailer, they might introduce themself, depending on how gritty the story is. And they'll show off some of the environment.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Guest Marney1

I think it'll show a release date of "Fall 2012" or something like that included, no exact release date.

They can't really avoid showing the location, I guess they could just show very close up shots of characters and cars moving to keep the location a (sort-of) secret, but the location is usually the first thing revealed. The second trailer will probably focus more on characters and gameplay and will give away more detail. Of course just because they've showed one city in the first trailer doesn't mean that's it, they could keep 80% of the map under wraps or possibly do what they did with SA, release one section of the map at a time.

So I expect to see:

Location/an idea of what the atmosphere will be like

One or two characters

A brief bit of backstory for the protagonist

Maybe also some famous landmarks, so people like us will match them to their real life counterparts and pin point the location of the game.

Yeah I agree like the IV trailer showed the city and "Statue of Happiness" I would also like to see some landmarks that give away they location

Location, with obligatory scenic landscapes and cityscapes

New vehicles

New gameplay mechanics

I wouldn't be surprised if they saved showing the main character for trailer #2.

I think they will show scenery, cars driving, peds walking. Maybe introduce a few characters but I don't expect to see much action.

I agree i think there will be no action e.g. RPG's going off all over the place and huge gunfights but more of a peaceful debut trailer (like IV)

Maybe also some famous landmarks, so people like us will match them to their real life counterparts and pin point the location of the game.

They can't really avoid showing the location, I guess they could just show very close up shots of characters and cars moving to keep the location a (sort-of) secret, but the location is usually the first thing revealed

This is two in a row where we are on the same wavelength at the same time...

They can't really avoid showing the location, I guess they could just show very close up shots of characters and cars moving to keep the location a (sort-of) secret, but the location is usually the first thing revealed

This is two in a row where we are on the same wavelength at the same time...

Yay, we're bonding. Can I touch your penis?

• Like 1

Not really a prediction, but every time I look at the logo, I keep picturing the 'Grand Theft Auto' fading out and the 'five' moving to the center of the screen, and then out from the classy five, a not-so-classy graffiti mural starts to spread behind it, then the camera cuts to the city (whatever city it is) streets, with the protagonist (seen only from the knees down) walking around the city, with the camera eventually panning out to reveal the protagonist in full. A much more urban, gritty, rap-fueled, protagonist-centric version of the GTA IV trailer.

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

I reckon we'll get an aerial shot of a good portion of the map. More of a wish really but there you go.

4f24deb376.jpg

I can't help thinking they're going to make it so it's not typically generic as far as GTA first trailers go. I think they're going to go for it big time so no one can say it looks just like every other GTA. Hope it lasts more than 32 seconds too.

I also think it's the only trailer we'll get for about 2 months.

Definitely location revealed. I'm sticking to my theory that they'll "trick" us at first. Like show a still frame of "Vice City" and/or the beach but zoom out and it's just a postcard or something on a dirty sidewalk. Then we find out where it actually is.

I'm on the fence about whether the main character will be revealed. I think they'll show someone who talks but not actually see their face. (but if it's Packie then we'll know his voice anyway :P )

I think we'll just get "2012" for a release date. No month or season.