Psy

Win GTA 5 - Release Date Competition

Well I do have this cousin Roman who has many sexy women and fast cars, he lives in a mansion so I thought i would escape there for a while :P

Yes. because we are all going to want GTA 5 limited edition when GTA 6 comes out

That was the gist of my joke. Glad you worked it out.

Guest Marney1

Yes. because we are all going to want GTA 5 limited edition when GTA 6 comes out

That was the gist of my joke. Glad you worked it out.

Aaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa! Dooby didn't get it! :P

I just wanted to point out my official guess is November the 20th ofcourse that would be in the US though not UK where we apparently have to brew longer until we can play an awesome game, cuz thats fair *mumbles to himself while tearing up*

May 24th 2012. trust me on this one . . .

*looks at post count, trusts*

lol. Seriously . . . I've been playing GTA since . . . Quite a long time.

I've been playing it since the original Grand Theft Auto was released, and before that I played Lemmings, another of DMA's games.

So nuh.

However there are a few references to 24 05 in the trailer as has been noted before; on the kerb at 0:54, and the trailer music was released on the 24th of May 1968. Of course 24/05 is the British way of saying it, if it were American it'd be 05/24. But Rockstar North are Scottish so that's easily explained.

I actually hope it is May so it's less of a wait, even though I voted for October.

• Like 1

I just wanted to point out my official guess is November the 20th ofcourse that would be in the US though not UK where we apparently have to brew longer until we can play an awesome game, cuz thats fair *mumbles to himself while tearing up*

It's very unfair! after all rockstar practically came from the uk (Scotland,Dundee) Whoo scotland!

It's very unfair! after all rockstar practically came from the uk (Scotland,Dundee) Whoo scotland!

IV was a worldwide release. I don't see why this would be any different.

I agree with what you said Vicey, about the hints to a release date. It seems juts a bit coincidental to me. And they know that the fans were going to analyse this thing to shit, and they do love their easter eggs. They wouldn't have left anything to chance. They probably analysed it themselves exhaustively making sure nothing major slips out through signs and want not. Either that, or they are just trying to bluff us and cause hysterical hype amongst fans. :)

I've been playing it since the original Grand Theft Auto was released, and before that I played Lemmings, another of DMA's games.

So nuh.

However there are a few references to 24 05 in the trailer as has been noted before; on the kerb at 0:54, and the trailer music was released on the 24th of May 1968. Of course 24/05 is the British way of saying it, if it were American it'd be 05/24. But Rockstar North are Scottish so that's easily explained.

I actually hope it is May so it's less of a wait, even though I voted for October.

It was also on the vehicle that passed by showing the black dude putting up the sign. You have to pause it, it is only shown for about a quarter of a second.

Get a screencap of that, because I checked it myself and it's actually the same one as behind the vehicle on the kerb. Unless i'm looking in the wrong place.

Get a screencap of that, because I checked it myself and it's actually the same one as behind the vehicle on the kerb. Unless i'm looking in the wrong place.

It is the kerb, just looks different with the vehicle in view. Is not on the vehicle.

As for the competition, to make it fair, do you lot think I should allow you to make ONE change to your chosen date? Seeing as people might have better ideas after the trailer?

nahh man, leave it as it is, I think this is definitely a ploy to get some fan hysteria, altho it would disappoint fans if it doesnt come out that day, and interestingly its a thursday so its neither a normal US or EU release date that just seems a little odd to me.

I went with april 10th, second tuesday of April. Or maybe I should have asked the local game store guy first... FUCK

Dude, we're in sync. I picked the same date!

Guest Marney1

It is the kerb, just looks different with the vehicle in view. Is not on the vehicle.

As for the competition, to make it fair, do you lot think I should allow you to make ONE change to your chosen date? Seeing as people might have better ideas after the trailer?

No, 'tis all part of the fun.

Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake

The theme song in the trailer is call Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake and it was released on May 24.

"For Sale 2405" It might be just a coincidence but the song is about a man name Stan who is trying to find something in his life that is missing.