Sign in to follow this  
Rayge

What sort of criminal activities are you looking for in GTA5?

So as crime is the one of the dominant themes in all GTA games, what types of crimes are you looking for?

Here is a short list of what I would love to see:

- Ability to rob pedestrians if they are in a secluded area, pick pocket, Break and Enter almost ANY house (With different difficulty levels), Rob any store, not only clothes shops and internet cafes, and jacking individual parts from cars.

- Drug dealing, simiar to CTW, but maybe slightly harder as it was easy to become a millionaire in CTW. Also, I would like the AI to have drug deals, and the protagonist to have the ability to ambush these deals and take everything.

- Ability to ambush someone in a dark alley, and "dispose" of their body, such as dumping in the sea, in a manhole, garbage can etc... And visible bodily damage similar but improved from RDR. I would also like to see dynamic AI commiting crimes as well, it would make the game much more realistic.

- A Gang system similar to San Andreas but improved. Such as taking over a territory, and in each area there is a "clubhouse" similar to TLAD where all your gangmembers chill.

- Bribing cops to let you off with crimes.

There must be more, but this is all I can think of for now. What do you think? Anything to add, or anything you think isn't good?

Guest Marney1

Jacking parts off cars sounds good. Maybe you could mouse over the wheels and press X to swap them over to your own car when you have no money to get it done at the Pay 'N' Spray. It would have to be a real risky thing to do though as in if the owner sees you they start shooting or call the cops. I'd love having to cruise areas off the beaten path to find a 'safe' place to rob them.

gt-speed-wheels2.png

Before you can steal someone elses alloy wheels though, you'd have to have a wheel wrench in your arsenal. Wheel wrenches can be found in garages or hardware stores.

I've always wanted GTA V to be centered more around 'Grand Theft Auto'.

Bait cars too - totally random ones which give no clue that you're about to get your ass whooped by the local vice squad.

• Like 1

Oh god, bait cars. God forbid. That would be the last thing I would want while fucking around in a GTA game.

Now as part of a specific mission where you're tasked with stealing a certain number of cars and one of them happens to be a bait car, then yes. But not as part of the general car population. <_<

Guest Marney1
Oh god, bait cars. God forbid. That would be the last thing I would want while fucking around in a GTA game. Now as part of a specific mission where you're tasked with stealing a certain number of cars and one of them happens to be a bait car, then yes. But not as part of the general car population. <_<

OK maybe you would be best having a quick scan of the area for any giveaway signs like a van parked down the road with blacked out glass. It would be the risk you take and it would be your own decision and fault if you failed to spot the signs.

id like to be able to steal cars in this one. i dont know why they took that out of gta 4.

i mean its called grand theft auto right? whenever i ran up to a car niko just stoop there

he never got in. it makes it really difficult in my opinion when you cant steal cars.

just trolling. haha. but for real i think gta4 was

missing alot of stuff that we loved about san andreas

planes, character customization, vehicle customization,

ability to buy property, flight+driving school, pilots and

weapons licenses. and even the forklifts, those were

awesome, id love to see those back.

Lol, I thought so, but it was so stupid I just had to be sure.

I agree with most of that, except for two things: The map for GTA IV wasn't very big, and the airport was the only place on the map where you would've had enough room to take off or land in a plane. Now, if GTA V is set in a re-done San Andreas, or any other large area with multiple open spaces, then yeah, I'd like to have planes back, too. As for weapons licenses, you mean the weapon skill levels? It was nice to get bonuses from that (especially dual-wielding), but I also liked that GTA IV relied solely on my own skill and not how much practice I'd had with each gun, so I could take or leave the weapon skills. The schools were fun, but they were mostly tutorials for different tricks that most people figured out on their own. I wouldn't mind having them back, but I'd rather have something new.

• Like 1

true true. and yea i meant skill levels. i really just liked the perks

they were fun. also once you got your pilots license you were

aloud in the airports with no wanted level, and all planes were

unlocked. and you always had a parachute. i thought all of that was

really great. also i really only cared about the flight school, since i

was ridiculously terrible with the planes. i think having your own

landing strip and huge garage would be awesome again. as far as crimes,

i think more petty stuff would make it more interesting. and yea, i would

like a huge map. if the talk about GTA V possibly being PS3 exclusive is true,

the map would be huge cause of the amount of space on blu-ray disks.

I want to be able to sneak into a shop during the night and crack the safe, or generally take stuff off the shelves. Seems dumb to be forced to legitimately pay for items in a game about being a criminal.

I want to be able to sneak into a shop during the night and crack the safe, or generally take stuff off the shelves. Seems dumb to be forced to legitimately pay for items in a game about being a criminal.

Why not take it one step further, using the buddy system you could organise a bank heist.

Favorites from past GTA games:

Robbing drug stores, record stores, etc like in Vice City, since the stores were actually open and you could just run out after you have the cash (unlike SA)

The Empire system from Vice City Stories and Vice City, if they could mix those two into something that'd have potential. (VC's asset missions were some of the best missions in that game)

The return of the black boxville aka burglary missions

Putting bombs on cars ala GTA III

Some type of drug dealing missions could be cool too

Edit: Typo

I don't want money to be made redundant. That would just make the whole game pointless, maybe if we start off stealing and then once we get to the better shops it's much harder to steal from so buying stuff would be easier.

I like the idea as mention before of being able to interact more with the anoymous civilians walking down the street such as robbing them, using them as a hostage. etc etc.

Also would be cool if I could take my 12 gauge out and blow someone in half. I mean its not any other sandbox game I can think of out there that you can do that. But why not. It would make it a ton more realistic if the bullets had more realistic value to them. Even upgrading your guns, like suppressors and drum mags would be sweet. Adding more dynamic sound to the guns as I shoot them down the alley, like echos, more realistic shell ejecting and muzzle flash would really set me into the game.

i wanna blow shit up, not big stuff like a building, but i want to go in a park, stick c4 on a gazebo, or a cement archway or something and blow it to pieces

• Like 1

At first I thought this said "what kind of criminals do you expect in the game" or something like that. figured you were talking about gangs and stuff. and I made a nice and racist post. lol. deleted it but maybe the mods will get a chuckle from it,.

well anyways, the OP talked about robbing peds. I agree. They had this in red dead. So I think shit like that ill be in. Also going in interiors and looking through cabinets for stuff. That being said, I figure burglar missions will return