Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Which GTA has the BEST theme tune!

Best GTA Theme Tune EVER!  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just been listening to all the GTA theme tunes and decided to make a poll to find out which theme tune is the best of all time!

This was a pretty hard choice for me as they are so varied, and each one fits its own game so well. Putting favourite GTA game aside I thought about which one made me feel the best and I actually think my answer was the Vice City Stories theme tune... I think the reason was because all my memories of Vice City came flooding back when I first heard it, and that was so nostalgic. BTW, GTA 3 is my favourite so the nostalgia didn't have any influence towards favourite game.

so fess up, what's your favourite GTA theme tune and give a brief description why if you can?

Guest Marney1

Oh wow, I'm stuck between the original GTA and Vice City. Although GTA III actually holds most memories for me the original GTA was also 'original'. The Vice City theme gives me flashbacks of a girl on roller skates with the sunset behind her then a Lambo* doing a handbrake turn. Damn you DuP' - no, I can't decide.

Edit: I can't get past the nostalgia to think which tune is actually the best as in sounds the best.

Listening to the GTA2 theme tune for the first time in fuck knows how many years has just blown me away.

Let's break this down so it's more simple:

I've owned Grand Theft Auto, London, GTA 2, GTA III, Vice, San Andreas, IV, TL&D and TBoGT.

The only ones out of those I couldn't remember the theme for were 2 and London.

Despite being my favourite game and having the best music the Vice City theme isn't my favourite.

If I had to compile a list of my favourites it might go something like this:

1. San Andreas

2. GTA III

3. Vice City

4. TL&D

5. Grand Theft Auto

6. GTA IV

7. GTA 2

8. London

9. TBoGT

But it's so hard for me to choose. My list may change from day to day (well the top 5 at least,) it depends what sort of mood i'm in.

Now, if we're talking mission completed tunes, then VC (from 8:37 - 8:42) would be one of my favourites.

Either San Andreas or IV, and that's based strictly on the tune, not the game itself or my emotional attachment to said game. If we're going with nostalgia, it's either Vice City or San Andreas.

In my opinion, GTA SA was all around the better GTA. Alot of thinking and planning went into that game and it shows. 80% of the worlds population either heard of it or played it. I believe its third on the highest grossing game ever.

*Goes and starts up the ancient PS2*

That doesn't mean that many have heard of it. The US and UK are undoubtedly the places where GTA is most well-known, and I'd say less than 25% of Americans or Brits have heard of it, even less for other countries. Barely any in China or Japan where the original Starcraft still reigns supreme. Keep in mind that most people are either old as shit or don't know the correct way to have a good time.

• Like 1

Guest Birdie

That doesn't mean that many have heard of it. The US and UK are undoubtedly the places where GTA is most well-known, and I'd say less than 25% of Americans or Brits have heard of it, even less for other countries. Barely any in China or Japan where the original Starcraft still reigns supreme. Keep in mind that most people are either old as shit or don't know the correct way to have a good time.

Don't you mean haven't? I will be willing t bet that around 50-60% of UK/USA residents have heard of GTA. Games are advertised as much as movies nowadays, they are on par with each other. Of course their wil be some people who haven't heard of it, but games are much more mainstream nowadays than it was 10 years ago.

Favourite theme tune? GTA: Liberty City Stories. That theme is badass.

And in the northen part of Canada, people dont even know electricity has been invented

*does Dooby impression*

It's what dey use to um make deir horsey go faster eh?

oh c'mon this one is easy, Flock of Seagulls - I Ran is such an immense song, GTA Vice City undoubtedly had the best music tracks in any game period let alone GTA.

But that wasn't the theme tune, initially I thought it was because it's in one of the trailers. But no, not the theme song. Listen to the vid that Dup posted.

ok Vice I put my hands up I jumped in there a little headstrong and I have to say tbh its a toss up between the original GTA or GTA IV but im gonna go with GTA just for nostalgia of the tune, it reminds me of trying to run over 7 Elvis impersonaters in a line..... Awesome

For me I'd say III or IV, that piano at the beginning of III theme is definitely the most iconic part of a theme song for me but IV starts slowly and nearing the end it gets hectic, making me think about Niko's story.

Going with IV.

I fondly remember the time when I recorded the Vice City "mission complete" music and proceeded to play it any time I made a minor accomplishment.

Yes I still maintain that the VC mission complete music is the best, I never went as far as recording it, I just played the tune in my head.

ok Vice I put my hands up I jumped in there a little headstrong and I have to say tbh its a toss up between the original GTA or GTA IV but im gonna go with GTA just for nostalgia of the tune, it reminds me of trying to run over 7 Elvis impersonaters in a line..... Awesome

Elvises were GTA 2, Hare Krishnas were the original. :D