Sign in to follow this  
jojuinc

Comedians (and possibly bands)

As you know GTA IV featured the comedians Ricky Gervais, Kat Williams and Frankie Boyle at the Split Sides comedy clubs. I personally really liked this feature and I hope it gets brought back in GTA V. Another inclusion in the game could be bands or artists, after all Vice City Stories featured a Phil Collins concert.

I personally think that comedians and bands are a must, especially if the game is once again set in San Andreas, the acts could headline shows on The Strip in Las Venturas.

So if Rockstar once again decides to put comedians and possibly bands in GTA V who would you like to see?

The comedians I'd like to see would be Louie CK, David Cross (Zero from San Andreas), Chris Rock, Billy Connolly and maybe even a return from Mr. Gervais.

For concerts, I could totally see Snoop Dogg being up for it, but I'd also like to see The Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elvis Costello, David Bowie or Phil Collins and his band Genesis.

Guest Birdie

I'm not fussed, as long as theres more material and the jokes are based on the GTA universe.

Guest Birdie

A band would be kinda cool, you could do missions for them but if its just something to go and do, pass.

You want Vice City again? (Even if SA had something similar with OG Loc)

Comedy, live shows, TV, etc... all pointless imo. I would be happier if I heard there was nothing like that, then I would know they spent more time on something else.

The problem with the live shows/comedy club is there isn't an atmosphere, it isn't immersive, and it gets boring real fast. What doesn't get boring is blowing up everything in Star Junction at rush hour, because with the people screaming, traffic driving all over the place, lights from the buildings, police, etc, there's an atmosphere to keep you engaged. The canned laughter and recycled jokes are too distant for a video game, especially when most of the time, you'll be watching it on your own.

• Like 1

Comedy, live shows, TV, etc... all pointless imo. I would be happier if I heard there was nothing like that, then I would know they spent more time on something else.

The problem with the live shows/comedy club is there isn't an atmosphere, it isn't immersive, and it gets boring real fast. What doesn't get boring is blowing up everything in Star Junction at rush hour, because with the people screaming, traffic driving all over the place, lights from the buildings, police, etc, there's an atmosphere to keep you engaged. The canned laughter and recycled jokes are too distant for a video game, especially when most of the time, you'll be watching it on your own.

Why not combine the two and watch stand up comedy while firing rocket launchers at the audience and the comedian? Would that work?

Guest Marney1

Eddie Murphy's brother whatsisname - maybe he'll make an appearance?

Charlie Murphy?

Yes jftjfjjdjm moo u or whatever your name is; Charlie Murphy.

A band would be kinda cool, you could do missions for them but if its just something to go and do, pass.

Yeah, I agree if that was the case. IV kind of had that with the friend mission with that rapper, but it was no where as good as getting things set up for Love Fist's show hahaha.

Love Fist, Madd Dogg. Those guys need to make an apperance.

Love Fist and Madd Dogg are still around according to IV. Maybe they can show up on one of the television shows or with a new song on the radio. Or better yet they could do a Rap/Rock collaboration. :D

Well, since Ice-T voiced Madd Dogg, Love Fist could've become a proper metal band since '86 and formed a Body Count knockoff with Madd Dogg. probably won't happen, but it's an idea.