OptimumPx

Grand Theft Auto V Announced!

LUS-Baker_470.jpg

OH MY GOD... IT's GTA5!!!

Oh wait no... its just -

DVD_WS3-London_boxfront.jpg

And so is that other underground train station screenshot.

I'm so excited to have come back to all this. GTA FIVE!!!!

Quick question, has GTA 5 been announced for both 360 and PS3 consoles? Or is the assumption that it's coming out on both?

We'll probably find out on the 2nd.

Quick question, has GTA 5 been announced for both 360 and PS3 consoles? Or is the assumption that it's coming out on both?

We'll probably find out on the 2nd.

Presumably coming out on both. Wouldn't be surprised if there are dumbed down versions for mobiles coming out around the same time or shortly afterwards.

Really hope there's none of that exclusive DLC bullshit again.

I'm expecting this first trailer to be as amazing as the San Andreas trailer was when we first saw it. That areal shot with the plane made my nuts retract back inside me!

Did they ever come back out?

They did. But now GTA V has been announced, they got stuck again!

jizz+in+my+pants.jpg

On a serious note: Does anyone think this will be a really annoying teaser trailer which only shows a small bit of actual footage and loads of build-up in the form of text and logos?

I don't think that's R* Games style tbh. They wouldn't have announced it a week before if it were that, would they?

They are going to give us enough info to make us all run in circles and go insane with discussion about what we saw, They wont give us the location or story. Just a character or two, a few of the features and maybe a release date

I'm thinking something like GTA IV.

Shots of the city, see the main character and maybe a release time frame, "Coming Spring 2012" or something.

Fade to logo, orgasm.

Fuck you thats what i said

Guest Birdie

I will be happy with just being able to tell what city it is. If its Washington, then thats easy, if its Chicago though, how are people supposed to tell that its Chicago. WTF is in Chicago anyways?

*Prepares to be shown lots of notable and well known landmarks in Chicago*

I will be happy with just being able to tell what city it is.

*stands up*

I AGREE WITH THE NOOB!

*sits back down and continues ranting incoherently*

Yeah i was hoping for at least a visual of the city in motion. Maybe not in time laps like IV as they've already done that, and i don't think that'd work in any other city. I'm not too bothered about knowing who the protagonist is just yet, i just want know where we'll be spending all of our time!

I AGREE WITH THE NOOB!

Join date aside, this guy is quickly earning his way out of that noob title. Shit, he passed Demon and Pieface up just by joining. But yes, he is still a noob for the time being.

*Contorts Birdie into a throne shape*

*Sits*

Guest Birdie

*Trys to contain boner, but fails*

We will probably get a couple of shots of landmarks, a skyline, etc. The first trailers for the last 3 R* games have had been made using cut scenes, and you could figure plenty of details out. makes you wonder, will GTAV's first trailer hand us lots of detail, or leave us with more questions than answers?

I think they will put it on it, Rockstar usually tells you that there is GTA 5 (No Shit) and gives you the trailer date a few weeks away, So that the public has time to spread it around and more people will watch the trailer, thus creating more hype. And rockstar typically doesnt keep you guessing about release dates... Oh right

A few things for you guys...

1. Rockstar have been reading this topic.

2. I think the trailer will either say "Coming 2012" or maybe give details of a second trailer like "Second Trailer Coming December 24" or something. Can't imagine there'll be a release date already, but I could be wrong.

3. I think we're still looking at modern day San Andreas, just based off those voice artist casting calls awhile back. One of the characters was an online gamer, so that would definitely point to a modern setting and the majority of the characters were based in Hollywood/California.

I actually think the game will:

Be set in California in the modern day (including Los Angeles, San Francisco and Vegas).

Will also include an island off the coast (Hawaii) which may turn out to be like "Vice City".

May include part of mexico.

Guest Birdie

1. Duh. Rockstar loves me.

2.I like early christmas presents.

3. Probably. I know some people have been saying LA, some Vegas,(Hardly any San Fierro) but why not all three?

Do they not? I do... Considering the game won't be an exact replica of LA, it will be set 50 years in the future (from LA Noire) and it will include San Francisco and Las Vegas too... Hmm. I think you'll find most would disagree.

Guest Birdie

gtav couldn't be set in Los angeles again!La Noire is just a few months ago.gamers dont want to return there so soon

I don't think many would mind if it was San Andreas. It was on its own, then I would agree. But it would be pointless to set V in LA only.