Sign in to follow this  
DuffMan

Gears of War 3

gears3boxart.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Release: 20th September 2011

Pretty good interview about the series so far, and stuff about the GoW3 beta: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/03/11/talking-gears-with-cliff-bleszinski-part-1?show=HD

Couple of beta MP gameplay videos. Month long beta starts next month.

I pre-ordered the Epic edition today (£100 from GAME). It also comes in a Limited edition, but they haven't announced what is included in either yet. I don't really care, I loved the first two.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

No interest in multiplayer or the beta, but I'm looking forward to this. The internet refuses to tell me what's in the Limited and Epic editions, but I'm guessing I won't find it epic enough to spend an extra $90 (or however much extra the Limited edition is).

No interest in multiplayer or the beta, but I'm looking forward to this. The internet refuses to tell me what's in the Limited and Epic editions, but I'm guessing I won't find it epic enough to spend an extra $90 (or however much extra the Limited edition is).

Yeah the contents haven't been announced yet, but I'm only buying two or maybe three games this year so I figured why not. Why no interest in the multiplayer? The beta gameplay looks brilliant.

Just not a multiplayer person, I guess. I like co-op, but I reserve that for split screen with people I know, I don't really like to play with strangers. Plus I kind of hold a grudge against multiplayer because I don't use it, and I feel like the single player story for a lot of games would be longer and better if the developers hadn't bothered with multiplayer. Another reason is that I like a lot of story in my games, and there's obviously no story involved in a deathmatch or whatever multiplayer modes it has.

Just not a multiplayer person, I guess. I like co-op, but I reserve that for split screen with people I know, I don't really like to play with strangers. Plus I kind of hold a grudge against multiplayer because I don't use it, and I feel like the single player story for a lot of games would be longer and better if the developers hadn't bothered with multiplayer. Another reason is that I like a lot of story in my games, and there's obviously no story involved in a deathmatch or whatever multiplayer modes it has.

Hairy muff.

For anyone who is interested in the MP/beta, here are the requirements for the beta unlocks:

2iu7znq.jpg

333wj6h.gif

Bump.

Only one month to go! Can't bloody wait. It'll be the only game I've bought this year. I've pre-ordered the Epic Edition which comes with this bad boy (amongst a tonne of other things, but this is the highlight). The blue bits are phosphorescent:

shot8-680x1024.jpg

The internet refuses to tell me what's in the Limited and Epic editions, but I'm guessing I won't find it epic enough to spend an extra $90 (or however much extra the Limited edition is).

As it turns out, I did find it epic enough.

This reminds me, I still have to finish the third Gears novel.

*Reads*

Edit: Fuck, I just found out there's a fourth novel. Now I have to make time to read that and replay Gears 1 & 2.

• Like 1

The internet refuses to tell me what's in the Limited and Epic editions, but I'm guessing I won't find it epic enough to spend an extra $90 (or however much extra the Limited edition is).

As it turns out, I did find it epic enough.

(Y)

I can see myself spending my life in Horde 2.0. The Gamescom videos look great.

I completed RAAM's Shadow in about an hour and a half yesterday. I just knew RAAM's sections would be boring, he only has two attacks. There's no replay value either. Barrick is awesome though.