Sign in to follow this  
TreeFitty

GTA IV - World Trade Center Mod

Guest Marney1

18 months of hard work right there.

Where about on the map have they built it, does it replace other existing buildings?

Of course there are mods to fly planes. Like I said, someone is going to do it.

@Marney I think they replaced city hall, next to the municipal building (take the Broker/Brooklyn Bridge straight into Algonquin and it's the tall one with the tunnel through it):

122px-Municipal_Building.jpg

edit: Looks like that is gone too to make room for the plaza:

hbx28.jpg

They placed it right next to the World FInancial Center, as it was in real life.

TBH although that looks amazing, even as a non-American I find that in bad taste. Not once in the video did they say RIP to those who lost their lives and I didn't really see anything in game that mentioned that either, and they're even asking people to DONATE to them to build it! All it's going to do is cause Rockstar more controversy when someone flies a plane into it and makes a video and newspapers will just go straight with "gta lets you recreate terrorist attacks"... 18 months well and truely wasted as far as I'm concerned.

I see "donate" buttons and links for many mod projects. I laugh at each and every one of them. Although I do wonder how many dollars they make from people that are stupid enough to give...

As for the remembrance part, I kind of agree but their reasons behind creating it are their own. According to the YouTube links on the website they are from France and Croatia.

I see "donate" buttons and links for many mod projects. I laugh at each and every one of them. Although I do wonder how many dollars they make from people that are stupid enough to give...

As for the remembrance part, I kind of agree but their reasons behind creating it are their own. According to the YouTube links on the website they are from France and Croatia.

Yeah, all those suckers donating money to a website for little bonuses... (covers gold badge on chest)

Next thing they'll mod is a building destruction mod ala red faction.

I will say that I was highly impressed the first time I saw this mod. The attention to detail is nothing short of amazing. The only thing about it that I find to be in (very) bad taste is the plaza music.

The real WTC plaza had some sort of muzak system set up to play boring instrumental versions of songs, and on 9/11 nobody turned the system off and there's a video someone took of the plaza where you can hear the music playing away. Seems the modders tracked down the track you can hear in the video and play that song in their WTC plaza. Just a bit creepy if you ask me.

The real WTC plaza had some sort of muzak system set up to play boring instrumental versions of songs, and on 9/11 nobody turned the system off and there's a video someone took of the plaza where you can hear the music playing away.

Link? Unless the video itself isn't creepy, in which case, meh.

The real WTC plaza had some sort of muzak system set up to play boring instrumental versions of songs, and on 9/11 nobody turned the system off and there's a video someone took of the plaza where you can hear the music playing away.

The music bit is at about 2:56 or so. It's creepy to see the plaza like that, and all the stuff that happening all around while this happy muzak just plays away.

The music bit is at about 2:56 or so. It's creepy to see the plaza like that, and all the stuff that happening all around while this happy muzak just plays away.

Wow, haven't seen that before. Really makes it atmospheric considering the situation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOkRjC2NWF4

Here's a video of that WTC mod that shows their plaza and boom, same song.

It does show the one flaw with such a major map mod though, citizens of Liberty City are horribly retarded. They don't know that streets have been deleted and this place has been plopped down on it. They're going to walk in a straight line come hell or high water. :v

Guest Marney1

Is the whole complex there including WTC 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7?

Could have sworn I posted something here earlier and it got deleted. Off topic?

Also, those videos seem a bit dark.

It does show the one flaw with such a major map mod though, citizens of Liberty City are horribly retarded. They don't know that streets have been deleted and this place has been plopped down on it. They're going to walk in a straight line come hell or high water. :v

lol one of their updates said they fixed cars driving through or spawning in the plaza. I guess they didn't fix the NPC paths (yet).

didn't mention this earlier...

Something I noticed right away with the night shots was that the windowed floors went too low. The bottom two floors right above the tridents are mechanical levels with no widows:

post-3-0-83215500-1317675089_thumb.png

(the "dark" bands up higher were also mechanical floors and the lack of windows made them appear dark ALTHOUGH they had chrome trim as seen on the lower one so sometimes they looked lighter) -_-