Psy

Where are you from?

I think one of the first pages has a few photos of Lisbon, but I have since relocated to the UK, so here we go again.

I live in a medium sized town in the UK called Maidstone, it's situated in the south east and about an hour away from London via train. I've lived here for over 10 months now.

maidstone_map.gif

A river separates the town:

Maidstone-0409-2890x-town-lucy-paintbox.jpg

Sometimes there are floods:

1387991314-extreme-flooding-on-christmas-day-in-maidstone-county-town-of-kent_3564422.jpg

Town centre, where you can find random commerce:

3712727605.jpg

The centre gets extremely busy during weekends, especially if the sun is out. Here you can find plenty of dodgy looking people, beggars and women wearing tracksuits with a LOT of babies.

Outside of town there are plenty of parks, this is actually pretty cool, Maidstone is in Kent which is know for it's greenery:

51af33ea3a9d4.jpg

It can get sort of boring in here sometimes, but there are train stations that can take you to London quickly, or to the shores down south. If you live close to the centre, it's a nightmare to park your car, which is why I still don't have one.

• Like 1

Ah, Kent. I know it reasonably well. Okay, a few holidays when I was younger, and of course the gateway to France, but you never forget.

Slaves, this garage punk band I like, are from Kent, with one of the members a Maidstone native. I might go there at some point to catch one of their gigs, even thought they're probably more likely to play in Tunbridge Wells.

kentucky....

we got lake cumberland, one of two moonbows in the universe. the other is in africa.

and the largest coal mine in america i think.

we also got the cumberland gap somewhere west in ky.

I'm from Preston, Lancashire in the North West of England. Born and bred here and lived here all my life.

Some pics of Preston (taken by myself of course):

14222552036_c50cb87919_c.jpgThe Bullnose by shabbagaz, on Flickr

12819108685_32ed251a8d_c.jpgInvincibles Pavilion by shabbagaz, on Flickr

7932277628_6997a03174_c.jpgPreston in cake! by shabbagaz, on Flickr

7931828172_2cce98a5cd_c.jpgSpooky by shabbagaz, on Flickr

• Like 2

it isnt a managers fault they work hard at what they maintain for years. maybe funding is the problem.

Nothing to do with funding. Its quite simply rank bad management - saying its due to change in student lifestyle is laughable. If you can't make a live music venue work then that says the management don't have a clue.

Spokane, WA representing.

Spokane_zpsf1f794c4.jpg

Image Location: Riverfront Park. Downtown

Sorry first post. Figured this post would be a good place to start my posting on these forums. :)

Originally San Jose, CA but raised in Washington State more or less.

In Case your wondering what that wire mesh structure in the middle there is. Worlds Fair 1974.

• Like 4

I think one of the first pages has a few photos of Lisbon, but I have since relocated to the UK, so here we go again.

I live in a medium sized town in the UK called Maidstone, it's situated in the south east and about an hour away from London via train. I've lived here for over 10 months now.

maidstone_map.gif

A river separates the town:

Maidstone-0409-2890x-town-lucy-paintbox.

Sometimes there are floods:

1387991314-extreme-flooding-on-christmas

Town centre, where you can find random commerce:

3712727605.jpg

The centre gets extremely busy during weekends, especially if the sun is out. Here you can find plenty of dodgy looking people, beggars and women wearing tracksuits with a LOT of babies.

Outside of town there are plenty of parks, this is actually pretty cool, Maidstone is in Kent which is know for it's greenery:

51af33ea3a9d4.jpg

It can get sort of boring in here sometimes, but there are train stations that can take you to London quickly, or to the shores down south. If you live close to the centre, it's a nightmare to park your car, which is why I still don't have one.

My girlfriend (I know, sorry), lives in Kent. I can't believe they charged me £2 to use a bridge! We went to Bluewater Shopping Centre. It's a nice place actually, I'm sure I'll have to be there more often now.

Dude, I've been in Bluewater, it's ok, I don't like shopping centres, but let me know if you come any further down. Mote Park is pretty good on a sunny day.

Ah we should actually do something, now that I have a legitimate IRL excuse to go to Kent... instead of being JUST your internet stalker. Maybe when the weather warms up a little. Although I do need an excuse to wear my new long coat.