Psy

Review The Last Thing You Watched

Although it isn't a film, I just finished watching all five seasons of Six Feet Under. I thought it a brilliantly dark outlook on life & death from many perspectives. The melancholy theme and humour captured me and I was hooked from start to finish.

I would highly recommend watching it, even if it's not the usual kind of thing you would watch. Like me, I wasn't sure I'd like it as first, because I've never seen anything like it. But in the end, I connected with all the main characters, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I rate it 9/10

The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

8/1/12 Show

Funny opening, funny monologue, funny guests. Made a bowl of Apple Jacks a hell of a lot better. Good show.

9/10

Cloud Atlas

One of the best films I have ever seen, easily in my top 5 favourite films right now. Everything about it was amazing, I would recommend it to everyone as certain parts of it appeal to different genres etc.

10/10.

"The Man From Hong Kong"

An Aussie Kung fu flick from the seventies "TMFHK" or "Dragonflies" is one hell of a film. It features one of the most repellant leading men, Jimmy Wang Hu, the most failed James Bond actor, George Lazenby, and the best car chase sequence I've ever seen. Said chase is more of a death match between three cars and a motorcycle. The director gets beat up by the leading man in one fight sequence. A dude gets jump kicked off an accelerating dirt bike. A car is driven through a fucking house. And it's shot in the 70's, so no goddamn CGI! The movie also features Mad Max actors that played the chief and the Toe Cutter. It's hard as hell to find, but if you do, just remember this, Wang Hu catches and eats a fly off camera before kissing any white women on camera. He's just that racist! Fucking hilarious!

8.5/10

Bump-tastic.

Cook's Country, Season 4, Episode 403

Today on Cook's Country, Christopher and Bridget set out to make a foolproof chicken cordon bleu. They acknowledged the typical problems that arise when this dish is made at home, such as the melted cheese spilling out from the chicken breasts, chicken breasts that unravel in the oven, and burnt breading. They experimented with different types of breading and found that the use of Ritz crackers and torn white bread, placed together and processed in a food processor, then lightly toasted in an oven, is an efficient cure for the problem of burnt breading. Having prepared their breading, they moved on to the ham-and-cheese filling. Bridget explained that the best ham to use for a proper cordon bleu is a quality German Black Forest variety. Chris explained the differences between domestic and German Black Forest hams. Apparently, domestic varieties are "painted" with caramel color to give it a browned appearance, while a true German Black Forest ham is salted and cured with sugar, spices, and garlic for two weeks, at which point the salt is removed, and another two weeks of curing follow. It is then cold smoked over fir brush. He went on to state that "you get what you pay for", as authentic German Black Forest ham can achieve a cost of over $20 USD per pound. For the filling of their cordon bleus, Bridget and Chris rolled 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese in tubes of sliced ham. They then sliced a pocket into boneless, skinless chicken breasts and inserted two ham and cheese tubes into each pocket. A simple egg wash of egg yolks and whites plus a small amount of Dijon mustard was whipped up, and the chicken breasts were dipped into the wash, then the breadcrumb-cracker mixture. They were laid on a baking sheet and baked in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile, Chris went into the Tasting Lab to taste test different varieties of ham. I stopped watching at this point and proceeded to kill myself.

In all seriousness, I enjoyed this episode thoroughly. As usual, it made my mouth water.

8/10

MV5BMTExMTQ4NTg5NDleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDc5ODkzNDc@._V1_SX214_.jpg

A Little Bit Zombie

A mild mannered guy engaged to a bridezilla unwittingly becomes a zombie a week before his wedding. Watching him deal with growing uncontrollable hunger for brains is hilarious. It's very tongue in cheek but they play it straight and really well. Some nice chunky bloody scenes. You don't have to be Canadian to enjoy this movie's humour, but it probably helps. I did miss the first bit of the movie, so I might revise my score if I get to see it again in its entirety.

Laughed my brains out

8.5/10

Edited by gtagrl

i thought about bumping this too because of the recent flicks i've seen...

flight - clever, good, funny, keeps you going until the end dispite only having one big action scene near the beginning... denzel is denzel, always entertains...

----------------

argo - wow, this was an intense drama from start to finish... deserved every award it got... thanks canada ;)...

----------------

total recall (2012) - a great remake because it only borrowed from the original, which was based on a book anyways... funny/important/good homages to moments from the original movie and some of the best action scenes since live free or die hard... this was a complete all-out blast of action... and staring at kate beckinsale and jessica beil surely helps out too... but the attention to the original story shined through... it felt like it, but with it's own new perspective...

the original is one of my favorite movies and i am happy that this one stands on it's own merits too...

-----

wreck it ralph - what can i say that hasn't been said about any disney/pixar/dreamworks movie ever?? it's clever, it's funny, it's touching, it's entertaining... it was pretty much solid from the start, and with plenty of video game references, it made it a little more enjoyable even though it wasn't as funny as some of the other animated films... but it's still good... and this scene cracked me up hardcore lol...

silent hill: revelations - i should of heeded the advice of all of you and not watched it... it ruined the future of the series for me, just like resident evil did to the first one... i expected a little entertainment and attention to the environment, but they were just trying to go for the 3D shock and awe thing... weak...

13 - an underground russian roulette gambling tournament... the premise alone was worth the watch, and while it wasn't all that good, it was still watchable... the unknowing main character added to the lore...

harold and kumar christmas - i didn't realize it took this long to see the new one, but now i see why... crap... i won't even watch the 4th because we all know they both will have kids and blah blah... kal penn should of stayed at the white house, making this film wasn't worth the resignation IMO...

men in black 3 - while better than the 3rd harold and kumar, it was still just meh... i had to at least check it out, now i know what it was all about... cheers to josh brolin though, he pulled off the perfect young tommy lee jones :D...

A movie called combat shock.

Plot 10/10

Acting 10/10

Sfx 10/10

Ending 10/10

This super high budget classic kept me on the edge of my seat, enough so that by the end I had totally forgot about the montage at the start that used the same 5 scenes looped for the first 10 minutes or so.

If you liked street trash then you will love this little gem.

Stand up guys

tumblr_mhkdniFxpE1r6zh7io1_500.png

Not your usual gangster flick.

Great acting from the start, which is to be expected from such a veteran cast. The story is original, sentimental and the narrative is a comfortable ride down memory lane (literary). There's not much i can say, other than it was a great film to watch. It's not violent, and not full of gun battles, or much other gang activity (just enough to grant it 'gansta'). But the script suggest a fruitful past, and the characters are instantly memorable.

9/10

UmCc6dv.jpg

Although slightly late to the party, i finally got to see this flick. I expected it to be quite cheesy if i'm honest, but it did its self proud.

The stylisation of the era works perfectly, and really makes me want to replay LA Noire. The film isn't short of big shootouts and 'ardmen looking... 'ard i guess. The core story although pretty generic, is tried and works a well rounded story arc.

If you love gangster flicks, then this isn't one to miss. It's the classic cop vs mob story, with a modern take, and brilliant lighting.

9/10

that was the movie that they had to change a huge key scene because it involved shooting up a theater... as a matter of fact, it played as a preview before the colorado shooting, which was pulled and edited shortly after...

haven't seen it yet though...

I chose not to see it when it was at the cinema just because of the name. Sounds kinda gay for a decent or good film, i'll have to rent it when it comes out on your recommendation Dup.

Chronicle - 8.5/10

One of the best movies i've seen in a very long time. It's about three teenagers who gain superpowers, but it is not like your everyday superhero movie. I don't want to give anything away. This is a MUST SEE!

Redneck Zombies (1987)

The tagline was "They're Tobacco Chewin', Gut Chompin', Cannibal Kinfolk from Hell!" and it was a movie I watched a lot as a kid, mainly because I stole it from my video shop and I loved the B-grade cheapness of it.

General story - barrel of radioactive waste goes missing, rednecks find it, and get zombified. Of course there happens to be a group of hikers in the woods....

Everything about it is cheap - it cost $10,000 to make. I just watched it again and it hasn't aged well, actually it was shit to begin with...

4/10 mainly for nostalgia purposes. Full movie below....